Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftCabbage

I'm very angry and disappointed about this tbh. I never cared about the trashy/skimpy swimsuits, but the game was very fun and relaxing. The first was like 10 time better than the second, but I enjoyed them both. It feels like a stab at the non Asian gamers. It's like they think we aren't true fans of the series in its entirety.

No, it's not because you aren't true fans. KT are actually very careful before 'localizing' their games to west due to previous feedbacks.

DW series was bashed in the west and so now they are very carefully and sometimes wait for western fans requests before localizing it.

Same goes to DOAX as a spin-off. I'm not exactly sure how was the feedback from the west. But as we can see, there are passionate bikini / sexy stuff haters in the DOA fanbase. They know their main target audience (Japan) would support, but they're not sure about the west. Hopefully they can start localizing before the JP version released. The cost of importing JP version is crazy jacked up.

RetroMe91

No, it's not because you aren't true fans. KT are actually very careful before 'localizing' their games to west due to previous feedbacks.

DW series was bashed in the west and so now they are very carefully and sometimes wait for western fans requests before localizing it.

Same goes to DOAX as a spin-off. I'm not exactly sure how was the feedback from the west. But as we can see, there are passionate bikini / sexy stuff haters in the DOA fanbase. They know their main target audience (Japan) would support, but they're not sure about the west. Hopefully they can start localizing before the JP version released. The cost of importing JP version is crazy jacked up.
I just hope if they decide not to release it here, then they at least implement English subtitles on the JPN/Asian versions. I will start saving for the import I guess... :/

SoftCabbage

I just hope if they decide not to release it here, then they at least implement English subtitles on the JPN/Asian versions. I will start saving for the import I guess... :/

I'm hoping the same too. But this game is different than DOA's case, which is International/Multilingual.

This spin-off is more targeted towards smaller audience. I really doubt they'd be multilingual, especially they're waiting for enough requests from the west. Well, I'd forgive em if they gonna delay the release date because they're adding subs.

Cadaveri

The cost of importing JP version is crazy jacked up.

Were you talking about them developing the game from JP to US/EU or us consumers importing the game from JP? Cause right now It's really cheap to buy anything from Japan due to $ vs Yen or € vs Yen.

SoftCabbage

Were you talking about them developing the game from JP to US/EU or us consumers importing the game from JP? Cause right now It's really cheap to buy anything from Japan due to $ vs Yen or € vs Yen.

Importing as in buying the game.

And I'm not from US or UK. I'm from a big third world country of southeast asia with fucked up currency that's going weaker from time to time.

R2 game itself is more expensive than R3(Asia) price. Shipping rate is half of normal game price. My local gamestores don't take risks on R2 Japanese niche game. Ordering from them would be even more expensive. So yeah...

WisperG

August DLC (New stage Fireworks + Lovely Summer costume pack + tweak patch 1.04)

The promotional picture for the next month patch and costumes features even a night version of Zack Island called Fireworks: I wasn't able to realize if this will be released with the pack of the next month, but I believe so. It's also planned a balance patch for the gameplay, so even the competitive fans would need to keep their eyes open =)

View attachment 12795

Y'know, it's small and hard to discern many details, but the more I look at this picture, the more it looks like a brand new stage to me. It seems to be somewhere else on Zack Island at the very least.

If it was on the current stage, it would have to have been from the right end of the stage over by the bridge since the sea is clearly on the left. But from there, the rocks and trees in particular don't seem to match up with the Fireworks stage. The buildings in the background also don't appear to be in the same spots.

1359016697-zack-island-doa5-1.jpg

do5-zi-002.jpg

SoftCabbage

It's definitely the other side of the island.

Zack owns a huge island and bitches love him. You don't know what is going to happen in the summer night in Zack's room.

Cadaveri

Importing as in buying the game.

And I'm not from US or UK. I'm from a big third world country of southeast asia with fucked up currency that's going weaker from time to time.

R2 game itself is more expensive than R3(Asia) price. Shipping rate is half of normal game price. My local gamestores don't take risks on R2 Japanese niche game. Ordering from them would be even more expensive. So yeah...

Ah right. Well It's cheap for countries with € or $ atleast :/

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Y'know, it's small and hard to discern many details, but the more I look at this picture, the more it looks like a brand new stage to me. It seems to be somewhere else on Zack Island at the very least.

If it was on the current stage, it would have to have been from the right end of the stage over by the bridge since the sea is clearly on the left. But from there, the rocks and trees in particular don't seem to match up with the Fireworks stage. The buildings in the background also don't appear to be in the same spots.

1359016697-zack-island-doa5-1.jpg

do5-zi-002.jpg

If you do spectator mode with specific characters and zooming into the outer portions of the stage, there is basically nothing but bad textures and see-through rocks behind them.

However, I am going with the say that it's definitely on Zack Island but likely on the other side of the Island.

Kronin

@WisperG you could be right, maybe the view of the palms could have tricked the people together with the natural darkness of the stage that make more hard to discern the elements.

Effectively shouldn't be too much hard to combine elements from creatin a new beach stage keeping intact some basic ones as beach, palms sea and so on. Maybe they really created a stage with a different conformation of the ground even if always setted on the Zack island (and so they didn't limit themselves to add a different background with Zack' statue and ornaments).

We will see, surely now I'm still more curious to see it (and of course I hope that you can be right) =)

If you do spectator mode with specific characters and zooming into the outer portions of the stage, there is basically nothing but bad textures and see-through rocks behind them.

However, I am going with the say that it's definitely on Zack Island but likely on the other side of the Island.

Destruction I think that WisperG meant say that the stage want be setted on another side of the island from a "plot" matter, not that effectively it's setted on another place of the 3d model of the previous stage. So basically just what you think too.

WisperG

Right, that's what I was getting at. That it was somewhere else on Zack's Island, not that it was somewhere visible from the current Zack Island stage.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
On closer inspection the stage does look indeed different, from the general layout to the objects placed on the beach.

augusut-pack-copy-jpg.12795

There are much more palm trees and some of them are weirdly bent (like in DOA3), which gives the stage a more picturesque look. Exactly what I was missing in the current Zack's Island stage. It looks so normal and kinda boring:

latest

But it does still not come close to the artistic ingenuity, that was DOA3's beach at sunset. Just magical, with the bent trees, the misty rock formations in the distance and the flock of seagulls circling the sky:

DeadorAlive3_594_1024.jpg

Artistic vision can indeed triumph over raw graphical power.

Number 13

That announcement actually wasn't half bad. Granted I had my expectations pretty low [some minor DoA 5 updates or just more costumes], but still nice to be pleasantly surprised.

Game Patch: Could be interesting to see how they change things up this time. There are certain areas that could use improvement regarding cast balance. Nothing too extreme, but not just fluff adjustments either.

New Stages: Looks like an alternate of beach stage, but then again I consider beach stage one of the better stages in DoA 5. It's not a box, has a water area, trees [coconuts] and other hazard obstacles, stuff happening in the back [dolphins], not too big [Aircraft Carrier] or too small [wrestling stage], and fits the DoA image. I mean at least this looks like more effort [changes time of day] then the mansion estate variation where the difference is the Halloween decorations. We are also getting another stage several months from now too which is likely gonna be related to the new character I will go over later that will be released around the same time in Spring. So yeah at least TN/TK is somewhat listening to the "give us more stages!" outcry.

New Costumes: Yeah mostly more collaborations. Guess those SK collaboration costumes sold pretty good if TN/TK released the TWGOK style outfits and soon to be more of them. Not actually disappointed in most of them.

- Yeah more swimsuits. Likely has been making stable money for them. Moving on.
- Falcom outfits from LoH games are great as someone who played those games.
- Halloween outfits is likely gonna be another mixed reaction from me since the designs vary in quality.
- I'm shocked out of all the SE IP's they had they went with Schoolgirl Strikers. Maybe they know their core consumer demographic all too well. To be fair though, it's not all just school uniforms they might also wear skintight outfits too.
- Tatsunoku is win and has numerous great designs both male and female.
- Also lol that Marie Rose Red Bull outfit

So yeah not too bad costumes in the horizon overall. Looks way more promising then "try to guess which costume themed fetish we will pick this time!" dance they used to do.

New Character: First off, I highly highly highly....[X10]....highly doubt the likely last character for DoA 5 will be a male. TN/TK hasn't made a legitimate male from scratch since vanilla with Rig. Ein/Leon/Raidou was heavily recycled from previous games [which means less time/resources required to develop] and all the ones left are bottom-of-the-barrel picks like Genra or Kasumi/Hayate's dad. They are likely to be gender bended into a female like what happened to Tengu if they even do make it in because having tits makes you more marketable.

Raidou was also the only male character [most likely added in due to having to meet a minimum male quota and throw a bone to their western audience who have a greater preference to more males] to be added since after Ultimate dropped. Also kept hearing shit from the Japanese DoA fanbase message boards that Raidou sold like shit compared to Honoka who came out with him and they particularly didn't care for Raidou and wanted another moe character instead. The reason why I'm bringing up the Japanese DoA fanbase is they obviously have a bigger influence to TN/TK then we do. All the proof of this is the drastic change of direction of DoA 5 past the alpha demo when the Japanese playerbase complained it was "going away from its roots". The community managers here having little influence to the actual game development and the best they can do is make suggestions which can simply go in one ear and out the other.

Now even if it's female, TN/TK obviously has made a recent trend on what "kind" of female fighters they want. They recently experimented with making more moe fighters with Marie Rose and Honoka. Well that experiment worked and they sold like hotcakes. Their costumes too which is probably more important to them since they get a greater return from them thanks to the season passes, prices, likely minimal resource cost. I'm not saying the next fighter will 100% be another moe fighter, but I'm gonna say it's 50/50. They will either go "Well we need to strike while the iron is hot and make another moe fighter. Say she is a friend to Marie Rose and Honoka or soemting" or "Ok we need some more variety to test out the demographics. We are not gonna do a male because that is stupid and a waste of money when we look at demographic, but we shouldn't milk out the moe fountain too early either."

Also the character will not be a VF or Yaiba character. VF already has four guests and they stopped adding more since Ultimate. Yaiba was already collaborated with that Hayabusa/Momiji costume quite awhile ago so I doubt they are gonna introduce Yaiba or Ms. Monday this late. Pretty sure the Yaiba developers already folded already to further complicate things. Not to mention Yaiba wasn't popular at all so why add a Yaiba character? That said they could still add a collaboration character that isn't from VF. Makes sense the majority of their future costumes are collaborations.

TLDR: 90% chance won't be male I can smell the uncertainty from those who want a male from my monitor, If female 50% chance will be another moe fighter like MR or Honoka, and it also could be a cameo character too that isn't from VF or Yaiba.

Finally

DOAX3
Saw this coming a mile away. It was gonna happen sooner or later. I wouldn't be surprised if DoA 5 dlc was an experiment to test the viability of such a game again. Safe to say most of their core DoA 5 demographic won't mind the removal of the fighting game element for beach mini-games again. I did laugh though when they specifically stated that this is a Japan/Asia release. Honestly I don't blame them since the West has gotten worse with their tolerance to these kind of games since the last release on 360 while they are ok with their killing simulations.

Last edited:

Argentus

Keep dreaming it's pretty much guranteed gonna be another female japanese schol girl or something or an old character with boobs
Id actually be okay if it was someone like Chie.

Though seriously who wants to bet the new one is either

A) a gender swap or clone of some sort,
Or
B) ALSO reuses Marie Rose's face?
I don't think the schoolgirl strikers costumes will be just schoolgirl outfits
08-school-girl-strikers-4.jpg

08-school-girl-strikers-3.jpg

Anyway, If the next character is female I hope she is a race that isn't Caucasian or Asian. Another Black or Hispanic girl would be great or maybe they can try a new race like native american, middle eastern, Indian, ect.

Someone like Pullum from Street Fighter EX would be great
latest

pullumex2.jpg

Although if we do get an Asian girl I hope she is Korean. She could use Hapikido (a korean fighting style that I don't think has even been in a fighting game before) plus korean girls are really pretty and so are Korean female video game characters (Seung Mina, Chae Lim, May Lee, Lee Won Hee, Juri, ect).

Number 7 striker outfit for Mila please. Wait nvm those aren't pants -_-

On the sfex, I feel like in practice that's justLisa with a ponytail.

I would love a soldier girl again, though I'm sure it'll just be another cutesy girl.

If it is a male though, I hope he is a punk character. Like Motochika from Samurai Warriors
latest
Less pretty boy and more hard rock like the lead singer of Godsmack or something.
c77a82d251c5e86f2db70f3612b383f6.jpg

01a257a9.jpg

sully-erna--large-msg-119490682298.jpg

Despite the negative Nancy's in this thread, as a costume collector, I welcome all the additional collaboration and upcoming designer costumes Last Round will be getting in the coming months. I didn't expect the August DLC to include a balance patch and a new stage. I'm glad Team Ninja is going to be supporting the game well into 2016. I know people here really want DOA6, but the DOA5 series is only 3 years old and Last Round is only 6 months old right now. There's still a lot of life left in this game and the game is attracting new players every day.
We should have an intervention lol

Anyways as always I'll hope against hope that they bring back Nicole as a doaoriginal, or at least, the new girl is a soldier or cop. Preferably not Irene, but more along the lines of my favorite Resident Evil girls, Tweed and Rita
10743L.jpg
Rita.png

Banana56

I may be in a minority here, but I am actually excited for the next swimsuit pack. The swimsuits look nicely designed and I love the accessories. Also does Kokoro have a little tattoo on her arm?

The new character is likely to be a new female character they made for the JPN/Asian exclusive DOAX3.... don't expect much. Just an updated version of Nikki or something...

That would be a good thing, Lisa made her debut in DOAXBV so if the new character is made for DOAX then we'd likely get another exotic female like her.

Also on a side note, I truly hope DOAX3 isn't a Japanese only game. Fortunently I doubt it would be, even if TN wasn't just jerking peoples legs with the "Japan DOAX3" thing and actually are serious I am sure there will be enough overseas fans wanting it and we'd get the game.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Raidou was also the only male character [most likely added in due to having to meet a minimum male quota and throw a bone to their western audience who have a greater preference to more males] to be added since after Ultimate dropped. Also kept hearing shit from the Japanese DoA fanbase message boards that Raidou sold like shit compared to Honoka who came out with him and they particularly didn't care for Raidou and wanted another moe character instead. The reason why I'm bringing up the Japanese DoA fanbase is they obviously have a bigger influence to TN/TK then we do. All the proof of this is the drastic change of direction of DoA 5 past the alpha demo when the Japanese playerbase complained it was "going away from its roots". The community managers here having little influence to the actual game development and the best they can do is make suggestions which can simply go in one ear and out the other.

Okay hold the phone here, it wasn't just the Japanese fans who was stating the game was going away from it's roots, plenty of Western fans said the same thing about the Alpha. You are right about everything else(With Raidou and Honoka since let's be frank there's honestly a reason why Raidou never showed up again unlike Bankotsubo until Dimensions).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD