Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
this
11270555_10204298472648593_5052964170445055103_o.jpg
yaaaaas! im glad they picked this one the teapot headdress is so cute and original.

benderlax

I love Marie's Alice outfit! This puts the witch costume she had last year to shame.

I wish Eliot could have been the rabbit, but the musketeer outfit is OK.

Last edited:

Chisa

Logged in just to say that Fairy LeiLei was my favorite too. Colors are always welcome. Though that dragon Lei would match to my Jann dragon costume. I don't think mine will make it since they already gave dragon theme to Spam Lee. Didn't really like any other Jann costumes, maybe too plain for my taste. Or maybe he gets a mummy costume! I mean someone has to get it this year too right? Probably Mila again.

Alice Marie is cute too and Tina mermaid is so far my favorite.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Logged in just to say that Fairy LeiLei was my favorite too. Colors are always welcome. Though that dragon Lei would match to my Jann dragon costume. I don't think mine will make it since they already gave dragon theme to Spam Lee. Didn't really like any other Jann costumes, maybe too plain for my taste. Or maybe he gets a mummy costume! I mean someone has to get it this year too right? Probably Mila again.

Alice Marie is cute too and Tina mermaid is so far my favorite.
Can you repost the dragon Jann? I think I rememeber seeing it a while back

Kronin

So leifang gets that piece of shit ? ...
now I'm almost certain the ayane one is the damn bikini version. fucking hell man. why does Leifang have to look like a slut in every costume ... underboob, side boob, no bra, now some string bikini bullshit. its either that or fully clothed in the dorkiest of things that no1 would wear .. she may have the most costumes in the game but most of them are shit ! ...

I dunno it seems that all the costumes aren't that ... detailed ... I could be wrong of course .. but it would suck if it were the case because there are some pretty awesome detailed outfits out there...

It's a shame for Leifang imo, the author submitted 2 versions for this outfit and I found really interesting design the "Yellow Dragon" version on the opposite of the one that TN used:

CF4oTQ7W0AArkbP.jpg

At least the current design could give a nostalgia effect for being close to this DoA1 costume:

latest

By the way I will wait to get the picture of the real costume in game: representantion oversexualized with disproportioned body parts can give a certain kind of feeling when later the costume on the effecive in game model appear more agreeable (of course I talk only of my tastes). This happened to me with Ayane's succubus outfit of the last year.

Like I wrote on twitter, this was one of the few designs of Alice for Marie Rose that I really liked for the outfit in itself rather than for the idea of Marie = Alice (that seemed to me fitting, but I wasn't so fond of it). The costume is far from being a mere adpatations of the Disney representation but it's really elaborated with a great fashion. The author made really creative and great designs, he/she really deserved some credit in my opinion (premised that there were other designs for Marie Rose that I liked).

I heard somewhere that two of the chosen designs this time were from the same artist.

I think you heard it here. Raidou and Kokoro are made by the same artist.

TOBMAST3R already answered to your question Brute but that designer it's not the only author to have got a similar recognition so far: the author of Marie Rose's outfit it's indeed also the same of Tina's mermaid one.

CGP8146WwAA4gYb.jpg

Last edited:

RetroMe91

I'm not sure how I feel about them using two of the same artist's designs in the same contest... on one hand, it's annoying for those of who most likely never get to see our design in the game... But at the same time, the artists who did get two selected made costumes I actually like....

I wish they would have made the Alice in Wonderland costumes their own costume pack instead of including them in the Halloween pack...

Candy Dragon

So any idea when these come out? I'm in the UK. We talking midnight or tomorrow afternoon?
Basically, do I stay up tonight or not? Lol.

Kronin

Honestly I think that Chesmire Cat Honoka could be nice seeing the drawing, but I'm not sure of the actual costume in game (even if I loved that giant tail xD). Mad Hatter wasn't one of my choices for her, but I believe that it's overall a more interesting design.

So any idea when these come out? I'm in the UK. We talking midnight or tomorrow afternoon?
Basically, do I stay up tonight or not? Lol.

My timezone is +1 compared to your one, but for me the costumes are not still there at Midnight. Usually when I wake up in the morning (7:00/8:00 A.M) I can see them on the site and eventually on the marketplace. By the way I'm not sure of the exact hour when they are released.

TanikoChan

I'm not sure how I feel about them using two of the same artist's designs in the same contest... on one hand, it's annoying for those of who most likely never get to see our design in the game... But at the same time, the artists who did get two selected made costumes I actually like....

I wish they would have made the Alice in Wonderland costumes their own costume pack instead of including them in the Halloween pack...

same....

Kronin

About choosing more outfits from a single author, to be fair I believe that the majority of the designers in depth hoped for something similar, otherwise they would have sent only the costume that they liked more or for the character that were more fond of. Honestly I don't have problems with it, but this is just me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD