Status
Not open for further replies.

xOmniCloudx

Nyo as Doronjo was the most obvious choice ever that people called as soon as Tatsunoko cross over was announced. I thought that Yatterman was Hitomi which I was okay with until I realized it was Phase :/

Nurse Witch Komugi is random as can be and I remember watching an episode or two back in the day courtesy of The Anime Network and Comcast On Demand. Eh, if they were going such a route then an idol anime like Love Live would have been better or even Steel Angel Kurumi. Or if they want Magical Girl then Sailor Moon would have been incredible but highly doubt the latter would be used from a cost perspective alone. Anyway, still hoping that we get Ikki Tousen cross over, it's just too perfect a match up to not do. My dream anime cross-over would be Slayers. I love that classic series. Record of Lodoss would be good too.

Kronin

Nurse Witch Komugi is random as can be and I remember watching an episode or two back in the day courtesy of The Anime Network and Comcast On Demand. Eh, if they were going such a route then an idol anime like Love Live would have been better or even Steel Angel Kurumi. Or if they want Magical Girl then Sailor Moon would have been incredible but highly doubt the latter would be used from a cost perspective alone. Anyway, still hoping that we get Ikki Tousen cross over, it's just too perfect a match up to not do. My dream anime cross-over would be Slayers. I love that classic series. Record of Lodoss would be good too.

Nurse Witch Komugi is part of the Tatsunoko production, the outfits of Ayane and Honoka are an integral part of the DLC pack that will feature different series between them.

UpSideDownGRUNT

In other words tatsunoko pack is gonna suck lol.

At least Hitomi's looks okayish.

As for SWxDOA character? Could be because SW4 Empires is being released soon. Id rather they had a collab with よるのないくに/Nights of Azure personally, maybe the march crossover pack

Awesmic

Standard Donor
That doesn't make me any hyper... :(
Hopefully the Tatsunoko DLC doesn't end with these four.

There is still a chance Ein will get Casshan's costume, or Jann Lee will get Hurricane Polymar's.

Hell, I'm still hoping Christie will get Berg Katze's costume from either Classic or Crowds. But after seeing them put a hero's costume on a villain (and two of them at that), I'm only cautiously positive at this point. Even if she doesn't get them, that's okay. The fact she got something resembling Christie's red trenchcoat is plenty enough for me to keep playing DOA. That and some Shovel Knight music.

Kronin

Hopefully the Tatsunoko DLC doesn't end with these four.

So far TN showned the DLC outfit from the Tatsunoko pack for all the 5 DLC characters + Ayane (because a popular character and I believe too much tied with Honoka's one). There are still 10 outfits from the pack, and until now we can only say with a relative certainty that they will include Yatterman-2 and Hakushon Daimaō and Akubi from "The Genie Family":

doa5lr-tatsunoko.jpg

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Awesmic, I can 100% guarantee you ein won't be in this pack. They'll wait and give him trash costume in the valentines pack.

But in all honesty after this years Halloween pack I've lot all faith in Ein dlc and I'm never buying any of his dlc from now on.

xOmniCloudx

Nurse Witch Komugi is part of the Tatsunoko production, the outfits of Ayane and Honoka are an integral part of the DLC pack that will feature different series between them.

It didn't look like their style and then I saw that it was co-produced with Kyoto Animation which explains that. Still, I think alongside Golden Lightan, it is a waste when nobody really cares about them and would prefer Gatchaman, which is the big one most care for, Tekkaman (Blade), Yatterman/Time Bokan (which we got) and maybe Karas. Pretty sure that the most popular Tatsunoko characters/franchises were all represented in Tatsunoko vs Capcom besides Speed Racer/Mach Go Go Go so that would be a good roster to choose from with the less popular ones being swapped out for other things they'd prefer. I would LOL if we got Speed Racer :p

EDIT: Just realized/remembered that Genie family is getting repped. Any costumes related to them are going to sell terribly overseas even by Tatsunoko standards. Japan loves that family though so they'll take that loss I guess.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Nyo as Doronjo was the most obvious choice ever that people called as soon as Tatsunoko cross over was announced. I thought that Yatterman was Hitomi which I was okay with until I realized it was Phase :/

If they added love live costumes they'd have to acknowledge they stole Honoka :p

werewolfgold

Awesmic, I can 100% guarantee you ein won't be in this pack. They'll wait and give him trash costume in the valentines pack.

But in all honesty after this years Halloween pack I've lot all faith in Ein dlc and I'm never buying any of his dlc from now on.
Oh, gawd. Ein's Valentine's costume is gonna be GLORIOUS. It's gonna be a diaper with a bow on his back or something. lololol

Xhominid The Demon Within

img_20151226_013837-jpg.16998

8ab63cfb06b201ead22d60a80cd3f6df00727595b62b0f5abffae91f7a766562.jpg

I knew they was gonna get the Doronjo and Leopard costumes, I fucking knew they was gonna get them from the word go.

And I also remember that someone was saying we was gonna get a guest character sooner or later(But most thought it was gonna be from Dynasty Warriors, not Samurai Warriors) and I honestly have no issues with Naotora Li being the guest character(of course, obvious people still believed we was gonna get a male character is still obvious...)
I'm not a fan of them holding out on her and doing that stupid PV trailer since it's freaking obvious that it's her but whatever, I'll wait for gameplay in March before I really see if I'll like the character or not.

Xhominid The Demon Within

View attachment 17035 WAT AND WHO IS DIS (yeah i know nothing about tatsukono)

Gold Lightan(butchering it).

@DestructionBomb
To be fair, guest characters are "new" characters technically speaking, not to sound like a nazi terminology definition guy here. On topic, I was a bit unimpressed from that PV, It seems rather desperate. Could of also picked another series or create a brand new character overall. (Don't get me wrong, neutral with Samurai Warriors..but the series isn't the pinnacle of overload hype.) it was expected. Expectations for something cool is either moderate or below average.

I don't think this is Team Ninja if you mean desperation to them as what exactly would they be desperate about??
They have 3-4 collaborations with some big name Japanese companies and up and comers(SEGA with Virtua Fighter characters being in DOA, Marvelous with their character collab and costumes, the team for Deception, GUST which they recently bought up and now Tatsunoko and whatever the Schoolgirl Strikers are...and this was WAY before them basically telling us that the DLC we bought mainly gave us DOA5UA, the new characters in the first place, pot bonuses for tourneys and otherwise...)

If anything, you could say desperate for Omega Force since Samurai Warriors is usually the most ignored of the Warriors series(ESPECIALLY since it goes against Sengoku Basara on a daily basis) and since it doesn't come out as much...

@SilverForte
Need to see Tekkaman blade and Karas.

Also really bad to see them giving a male costume to a female character. I guess since tatsunoko doesnt have a bajillion female characters they had to adjust somehow...

Also the new character isnt genra or a genra successor, but I couldn't care less.

As someone in the facebook page, better her than Donovan using Genra's set...
But if anything, I guess she doesn't count as a new character in the same way the VF characters do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD