Do I need a new controller?

What do you think?

• Total voters

Nuke-Nin

Whenever i fight it turns off, when I'm playing in training mode pai for example it's fine but if i do 3PK max charge it shuts off and takes a minute to turn back on. I'll try and bear an online match and save the replay

d3v

What controller is it? Is it wireless? Sounds like a battery problem to me.

Brute

Standard Donor
I voted all three options because your controller sounds legit.

I wish my controller was possessed by a spontaneous EMP as well.

Toby

Yeah it sounds like a battery issue cause a fully charged attack causes the controller to vibrate more, thus, consuming more battery. One time my controller only allowed me to move my character but didn't let me attack/throw/counter. The strange thing was, I was able to use the buttons via the menu. Alpha was banned in my case lol. Rebooting multiple times didn't solve the issue either.

Nuke-Nin

What controller is it? Is it wireless? Sounds like a battery problem to me.
It's the black wireless one that comes with an xbox elite :(

I voted all three options because your controller sounds legit.

I wish my controller was possessed by a spontaneous EMP as well.
It is both annoying and Aggravating

Have you tried hitting it with a hammer?
Does mentally count bbq ;c

How long has your controller been with you?
Since 2011 Black Friday :c

Yeah it sounds like a battery issue cause a fully charged attack causes the controller to vibrate more, thus, consuming more battery. One time my controller only allowed me to move my character but didn't let me attack/throw/counter. The strange thing was, I was able to use the buttons via the menu. Alpha was banned in my case lol. Rebooting multiple times didn't solve the issue either.
Sounds odd and also I was in training with Kokoro and Her Heichu P+K causes it to turn off other than that everything is fine with her

Nuke-Nin

Does it function well on other games? Do you think your disk may have a defect before but haven't consulted it with anyone or did it just happened recently?

I haven't tried other games yet but it started happening yesterday and im positive it's not the disc because it always worked fine

Rawbietussin

I haven't tried other games yet but it started happening yesterday and im positive it's not the disc because it always worked fine

Best to test it out on the other games you got before you can officially say the problem is the controller and that you need to buy a new one.

Chapstick

Try hitting the reset button on the back of the controller. It probably won't help, but it doesn't hurt to try. It looks like a tiny little hole to the upper right of the information sticker on the back.

Not to be confused with the bigger screw hole to the left of it.

R2Pichu

If a controller hinders your performance and starts screwing you over
then yah... I think u needa new controller silly
my Left analog is wondering upwards now thanks to The Last of Us but I use the D pad on DOA so it doesnt really bother me:p
or maybe you should try using the Dpad!!

Nuke-Nin

If a controller hinders your performance and starts screwing you over
then yah... I think u needa new controller silly
my Left analog is wondering upwards now thanks to The Last of Us but I use the D pad on DOA so it doesnt really bother me:p
or maybe you should try using the Dpad!!
It complete shuts on on certain things, in any type of fighting mode where I control a character after a few (if lucky) hits (it's mainly like one hit) and then it turns itself off, if a character gets knocked into an interactive environment it turns off so I use watch vs watch or training if it doesn't go too Bat-shit-craycray

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD