DOA 5 Balance Test Combo Footage #2

Blazeincarnated

From the description box on the video:

"It seems like a lot of people liked the balance test footage we put up last time. So here's some more! This time, we have Ayane, Hayate, Tina, Bass, Zack and Sarah.

Sorry, there are still some rough spots since we just threw this footage together. Go easy on us. :) Damage is still being tweaked and there are still moves that are guaranteed sometimes and not others, etc. But you get the idea...

I think Ayane and Hayate have a lot of combos that are harder than they look. There's not much time until Tougeki, so maybe it would've been better to show some easier combos for them. Zack has a lot of new movements, so it might take time for experienced people to get used to him. But he's actually really strong. Tina and Bass have easy combos, so they're great for pre-launch tournaments! Sarah moves really close to VF5FS. A lot of her combos come straight from VF or are extensions of what she already has.

I don't really have much free time to make combo videos, but it people are still up for it, maybe I can put something together for the remaining characters. And I'm so looking forward to seeing the tournament fighters put all of this to real use!"

Raansu

No Hitomi. I R Sad.

In other news, seeing all those BT throws and knowing they are actually going to be useful this time around is really nice. All those BT throws in DoA4 were worthless. I really hope Hitomi's low kick hold gives some kind of guaranteed follow-up this time around. I always found it kind of dumb that it turns people around but she never got anything out of it in any of the DoA games she was in.

Blazeincarnated

No Hitomi. I R Sad.

In other news, seeing all those BT throws and knowing they are actually going to be useful this time around is really nice. All those BT throws in DoA4 were worthless. I really hope Hitomi's low kick hold gives some kind of guaranteed follow-up this time around. I always found it kind of dumb that it turns people around but she never got anything out of it in any of the DoA games she was in.
Cheer up bro, im sure they have a lot in store for her :)

PhoenixVFIRE

So the temple is actually part of Flow, which means Temple of the Dragon is a different stage? Nice. You can never have enough temple stages. It's also nice to see that Tina and Zack have two Critical Bursts.
One thing that just bothers me about the Tina CB within that string, is that I've never landed that string on anyone unless they were THAT bad because it's easily dodge-able, counter-able, everything-able. I don't see it being used often unless there's a special setup that allows you to get the whole thing off for free.

PhoenixVFIRE

From the description box on the video:

"It seems like a lot of people liked the balance test footage we put up last time. So here's some more! This time, we have Ayane, Hayate, Tina, Bass, Zack and Sarah.

Sorry, there are still some rough spots since we just threw this footage together. Go easy on us. :) Damage is still being tweaked and there are still moves that are guaranteed sometimes and not others, etc. But you get the idea...

I think Ayane and Hayate have a lot of combos that are harder than they look. There's not much time until Tougeki, so maybe it would've been better to show some easier combos for them. Zack has a lot of new movements, so it might take time for experienced people to get used to him. But he's actually really strong. Tina and Bass have easy combos, so they're great for pre-launch tournaments! Sarah moves really close to VF5FS. A lot of her combos come straight from VF or are extensions of what she already has.

I don't really have much free time to make combo videos, but it people are still up for it, maybe I can put something together for the remaining characters. And I'm so looking forward to seeing the tournament fighters put all of this to real use!"

Arnell Long

These guaranteed situations is straight up hype ville!

Ayane impressed me, I'll definitely be a bit more caution of her like I was in DOAU/DOA3. That back grab and combo opportunity she has at her disposal ain't nothin' to play with.

Hayate was as expected, get in and get out. I've been noticing he has a bit more Ein "moveset" in him this time around.

Tina's new stance is hella sexy and approved by me. I like how air throws in general can be activated lower to the ground. I hate how in DOA4 you'd have to have the "maximum" launch height in order to get off Tina's giant swing. Her 8P from a juggle finisher grants her a free low grab...say what?! She bout to gain some new Fans like crazy yo!

Bass needed a bit more "combos" to compliment the title, but what I noticed is that people were wondering if he absolutely "had" to finish his new throw, but this proves it can be followed up with. I was impressed with his guarantee attacks after a guard break, but I'd like to see more of Bass.

Zack is going to be a monster! He may be unsafe but ole boy is so fast with highs n lows to the point of keeping his shortcomings at bay.

Sarah...kinda disappointed with the damage output of the Virtua Fighter cast. We all know VF is known for high damaging juggles and it seems in "DOA5" Sarah/Akira have a hard time getting even 35% damage while the rest are getting 55%+ with relative ease.

Overall some pretty interesting footage and we'll definitely like to see more of these Combo Test Footage.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
One thing that just bothers me about the Tina CB within that string, is that I've never landed that string on anyone unless they were THAT bad because it's easily dodge-able, counter-able, everything-able. I don't see it being used often unless there's a special setup that allows you to get the whole thing off for free.

string delays... its a wonderful thing :p
but she probably has another burst it seems, plus if I recall she has a variation to the last his to that string .. so ... mix it up ! :D

I love how very clear the meter flashes white to indicate how close you are to threshold...

On the other hand, Sarah is my new main. There, I said it! lol

WHY THE HELL DID THEY MAKE HAYATE SO FUCKING BORING !? no teleport... no flashiness ... hes like the driest ninja of the bunch, its sad. especially when he was so epic before .. :/

PhoenixVFIRE

but she probably has another burst it seems, plus if I recall she has a variation to the last his to that string .. so ... mix it up ! :Dl
I'll never use it just like I never used it before unless I was messing with people who were just bad. The best thing about that string was using the grab mix-up from the string at the end because Tina's a badass and it's fun to watch LOL.

Chris Harris

but she probably has another burst it seems, plus if I recall she has a variation to the last his to that string .. so ... mix it up ! :D

I love how very clear the meter flashes white to indicate how close you are to threshold...

On the other hand, Sarah is my new main. There, I said it! lol

WHY THE HELL DID THEY MAKE HAYATE SO FUCKING BORING !? no teleport... no flashiness ... hes like the driest ninja of the bunch, its sad. especially when he was so epic before .. :/

That string is so slow on every level, is a high, and you can try to delay that string all you want. . . .you will never hit anyone with it lol

Chris Harris

I'm actually wondering if out of FLA is her p2k JF thing is still a not able to be blocked once the kick hits or if in DoA you can hold it.

Raansu

I'm not a fan of CB's being in a combo string like that. Hopefully she has other unholdable setups to make up for such a telegraphed attack. At least Jann Lee's feint into the CB is somewhat fast and easy to catch players off guard to make up for it being in a combo string.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I'm actually wondering if out of FLA is her p2k JF thing is still a not able to be blocked once the kick hits or if in DoA you can hold it.

well for that particular just frame I'm hoping from the K onward its actually a 3 in 1 natural combo otherwise its useless...

same thing for her 4P KK just frame (the 3 K's that come out should be a 3 in 1 natural combo and guarantee the follow up high or mid K)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Bass needed a bit more "combos" to compliment the title, but what I noticed is that people were wondering if he absolutely "had" to finish his new throw, but this proves it can be followed up with.

You'll also notice that it's also an Offensive Hold and the launcher is a combo hold. Additionally, it doesn't seem like anything is breakable. Another note is that we've seen it at full charge each time so it may be exclusive to that and a low charge may not be a combo hold.

236P was returned to his DOA3 form it seems and it's a hit throw into Grizzly Launcher or possibly TFBB on the front.

Lastly, I wonder if his 2H+P is guaranteed after his 6KP in the first combo.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD