DOA 5 start up frames for all jabs and kicks in the game.

MasterHavik

Hey guys this is the one and only Zack player here to bring you some DOA goodness. Today, I shall be showing all the start ups frames for all the jabs and kicks in the game. After that, I'll rank them from fastest to slowest. THIS IS NOT A TIER LIST. This is for people who couldn't get the DOA 5 guide like me. And this will also help discussion of tier list when people are trying to make a case about a certain character being good or bad. I was able to all characters but one. It was Alpha 152. I would love it from some one to go ahead and post her start up frames for her jab and kicks. Also expect some humor throughout this post. Anyways, let's do this thing Zack style!!! Btw, keep in mind I didn't bother to record the hit, block, and whiff frames for the moves. I just wanted to do speed.

First, I'll show you all the characters jabs and kicks from A to Z before I rank them.

Jab Kick
Alpha 152 9 12
Akira 10 14
Ayane 10 12
Bass 13 14
Bayman 11 14
Brad Wong 12 14
Christie 9 13
Eliot 10 13
Gen fu 10 11
Hayate 10 15
Hayabusa 11 12
Helena 11 12
Hitmoi 10 14
Jann Lee 10 12
Kasumi 9 11
Kokoro 10 15
Leifang 10 11
Lisa/La Mariposa 12 14
Mila 10 13
Pai 9 14
Rig 11 13
Sarah 10 14
Tina 11 14
Zack 10 12

Now onto ranking the jabs.

Fastest(They all got the same. So don't feed into much into the order just know they have the fastest jabs in the game.)

-Christie( Sexy and fast. I like.)
-Kasumi( You're still a Mary sue.)
-Pai
-Alpha 152

Above average

-Zack(I had to. I'm sorry. Zack is the best.)
-Sarah
-Mila
-Leifang
-Kokoro
-Jann Lee
-Hitmoi
-Hayate
-Gen fu
-Eliot
-Akira
-Ayane

Sonic: Come on step it up!!!(i.e. average)

-Bayman
-Rig
-Tina( Tina is awesome too.)
-Hayabusa( This is why ninjas should not be grapplers.)
-Helena

Sonic: You're too slow!!!(i.e. below average) ( Also this is the only part that is in order from top to bottom.)

-Lisa/La Mariposa
-Brad Wong
-Bass

Now for kicks.

Fastest

-Kasumi
-Leifang
-Gen fu( how is that possible? He's old....)

Above Average

-Zack(Best legs)
-Ayane
-Hayabusa
-Jann Lee
-Helena
-Alpha 152

Average

-Mila
-Rig
-Christie
-Eliot

Below Average( This is also in order from top to bottom.)

-Akira
-Pai
-Sarah
-Tina
-Lisa/La Mariposa
-Hitmoi
-Bass
-Bayman
-Brad Wong
-Hayate
-Kokoro

I would do jabs and kicks together, but I realize it doesn't make sense. I'll do it if people want it though. But yeah please someone get me Alpha's start up frames. Also.... Eliot is suppose to have a 9 frame jab...Why does the game give me 10? What's next for me? I might do a breakdown of all the CBs in the game. It might be fastest to slowest Cbs. I'm also open to any correction. Also I highly suggest we discuss this as well.

Darrell

Don't know anything about frames and sh**, but I was wondering about this. Doesn't seem like there is much safety in DOA.

MasterHavik

Fastest mid punch and mid kick is very important as well. Nice work man. Sure to come in handy.
Thanks. I'll add that to my list of things to do for this game. I'm working on Cbs next.
Don't know anything about frames and sh**, but I was wondering about this. Doesn't seem like there is much safety in DOA.
There is safety in DOA friend. It just you gotta manage your distance.

Allan Paris

Can't everyone get the frame data, excuse me, this exact frame data in this thread from the game?

If you want to know the rest of the math behind these moves, then yeah you'll need the guide. But the same information that can found in the game by any and everyone who has the game is being documented in a thread, why? I could see if a patch came and drastic changes were made to the data. But ok.

You're not getting Eliot's 9i punch because it is not a jab. You have to use a directional input to get the move to come out. That input would be 7.

@Darrell: depending on the character you play, you can get all the safey you need.

MasterHavik

Can't everyone get the frame data, excuse me, this exact frame data in this thread from the game?

If you want to know the rest of the math behind these moves, then yeah you'll need the guide. But the same information that can found in the game by any and everyone who has the game is being documented in a thread, why? I could see if a patch came and drastic changes were made to the data. But ok.

You're not getting Eliot's 9i punch because it is not a jab. You have to use a directional input to get the move to come out. That input would be 7.

@Darrell: depending on the character you play, you can get all the safey you need.
Well yeah they can, but I thought I should make things easier for everyone so they don't always have to turn on the game. I mean...if you want...I can do the hit, whiff, and block frames for all those moves. But thank you for your kind words man. And *faceplam* I swear to god everyone was coming it a 9 frame jab, so I was somewhat confuse by that. But thanks for your help and feedback. Btw...do you have alpha unlock?

MajesticBlue

I think it is just for matchup discussion and comparison. I admit having kick speed is a little random though. This would be useful for small frame trap setups such as +1 or +2, even neutral traps.

Allan Paris

Nahh I don't have her unlocked but I have her frame data. The only thing I can tell you is that she has a 9i jab as well.

WiZzYx

In playable terms, there is no differences between a 9 or 12 frames jab. The human eye can distinguish a 33 milliseconds frame. So if you are capable to see an incoming 12 frames jab (slow or 198 ms), you can see a 9 frames jab too (fast 149 ms ). The reflexes of the player, are the most important element in this case (offline playing, of course).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Bass' jab is 12 frames not 13. The notation is different as it's :P+K:.

Also, his standing kick is the only one of the entire cast that guard breaks AND is +2.

synce

Hah, Bayman has a faster jab than Lisa...

Anyway for Alpha it's 9 for jab, 12 for kick

MasterHavik

Also, his standing kick is the only one of the entire cast that guard breaks AND is +2.
Wow that kick is pretty godlike. I just hit p with bass. I didn't look into that. I'll change it right away. thanks for the bass info. I'm thinking about playing him.

Neige

It's confusing: Bass's :P: is indeed 13 frames. His :P::+::K: is 12 frames.

A character's jabs is not necessarily it's fastest attack. The :P::+::K: is not really a poke like the :P: because of how punishable (-8f) it is on block.

Neige

I don't know. What's the purpose of what you're doing? I'm looking at your Kasumi's stats: 9 11. I found the free pages for Kasumi's frames and I know her jab is 9 frame, 10 damage... Where does the 11 come from?

I'm sorry, but in the first place, judging characters on their jab data seems like a horrible idea. The jab is but a tool, it means nothing in the long run.

RoboJoe

I don't know. What's the purpose of what you're doing? I'm looking at your Kasumi's stats: 9 11. I found the free pages for Kasumi's frames and I know her jab is 9 frame, 10 damage... Where does the 11 come from?

I'm sorry, but in the first place, judging characters on their jab data seems like a horrible idea. The jab is but a tool, it means nothing in the long run.

The numbers are for jab and then kick.

MasterHavik

*faceplam* You didn't read the whole post did you? I'm only talking speed here. What part of " THIS IS NOT A TIER LIST." you didn't catch? Gotta red bro.

Drake Aldan

It's nice just to have it written out. Fastest mid punch/mid kick sounds good, too.

I mean, new players coming in. I like looking at this, I don't think it's unreasonable to decide on a character by looking at speed.

Sure, you could go into the game, training mode, pick a character, jab, go back out, pick a character, jab, go back out, pick a...

It's a convenience thing. That's why you would put frame data in a wiki (right? y'all are gonna do that eventually, right?)

MasterHavik

It's nice just to have it written out. Fastest mid punch/mid kick sounds good, too.

I mean, new players coming in. I like looking at this, I don't think it's unreasonable to decide on a character by looking at speed.

Sure, you could go into the game, training mode, pick a character, jab, go back out, pick a character, jab, go back out, pick a...

It's a convenience thing. That's why you would put frame data in a wiki (right? y'all are gonna do that eventually, right?)
I link it to the guy that is making the wiki for DOA 5. It's easy, but this will save you some trouble when you're trying to explain a match or why your character is good. This can be used to prove why so and so character is faster than so and so character. It's easy, but takes up some time and it's not all that fun. I'll do mid punches and mid kicks after I do CBs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD