DOA 5 start up frames for all jabs and kicks in the game.

Gi9a

*faceplam* You didn't read the whole post did you? I'm only talking speed here. What part of " THIS IS NOT A TIER LIST." you didn't catch? Gotta red bro.
Well as nice as this is...... your making more Kasumi players and that's never a good thing...

MasterHavik

Well as nice as this is...... your making more Kasumi players and that's never a good thing...
Yeah I am. But they all suck and they will all fall to my Zack for free. She's fast and unsafe as hell. She is the fastest character in the game if i combined jabs and kicks though.But yeah none of these Kasumi players will get top 32. You can count on that.

Gi9a

Yeah I am. But they all suck and they will all fall to my Zack for free. She's fast and unsafe as hell. She is the fastest character in the game if i combined jabs and kicks though.But yeah none of these Kasumi players will get top 32. You can count on that.
She's so popular but yea your right noone picks her at the tournaments except Swoozie..... who never really seems to win lol. I don't blame him I blame Kasumi.

MasterHavik

She's so popular but yea your right noone picks her at the tournaments except Swoozie..... who never really seems to win lol. I don't blame him I blame Kasumi.
She's popular with those casual players. The ones that don't travel and just know how to mash buttons. Those Kasumi fanboys gotta realize this time you can't mash and get away with it. Just by going off this data my main is faster than three out of the 4 ninja and is still one of the fastest characters in the game.

Fome

Anyone who doesn't see the value of this frame data is missing the point. Hint: it has nothing to do with your ability to react to jabs ;)

MasterHavik

Anyone who doesn't see the value of this frame data is missing the point. Hint: it has nothing to do with your ability to react to jabs ;)
BigMac: eeyup. Trust me do you wanna keep switching back and forth just to write a proper claim about a certain amount of characters

BierKlauMeister

In playable terms, there is no differences between a 9 or 12 frames jab. The human eye can distinguish a 33 milliseconds frame. So if you are capable to see an incoming 12 frames jab (slow or 198 ms), you can see a 9 frames jab too (fast 149 ms ). The reflexes of the player, are the most important element in this case (offline playing, of course).

The difference is HUGE, its not about being fast enough to be holded or blocked on reaction or not, its about set ups working or not on said and said character because of their jab speed.

An example, a blocked sarah 4k leaves her, when not perfectly spaced, at +4. Now, depending on if my opponent is playing a 9 frame jab character (say kasumi) or a 12 frame jabber, i have different options as a Sarah player after that blocked 4k. The slower your jab is (or your fastest mid in some cases), the more options i have to continue my offense.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's confusing: Bass's :P: is indeed 13 frames. His :P::+::K: is 12 frames.

A character's jabs is not necessarily it's fastest attack. The :P::+::K: is not really a poke like the :P: because of how punishable (-8f) it is on block.

Yes, Bass' Hell Stab (:P+K:) has always been faster than his jab by one frame, but it does not lead into any strings like his jab does and it is unsafe. However, it's a better interrupt than his :P:.

MasterHavik

Yes, Bass' Hell Stab (:P+K:) has always been faster than his jab by one frame, but it does not lead into any strings like his jab does and it is unsafe. However, it's a better interrupt than his :P:.
It's a good move to get his combo game going.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD