DOA art

Fantailler

@Argentus

First two characters ?

If you end up doing the whole cast i want to see a big family picture :)

With such quality i hope your work will be officially included in FSD as emotes or smthg...I'd gladly vote for it ! You deserve it imho.

Keep up the good work !

Argentus

I gotta stop and go do stuff for a while, but just an fyi @Mr. Wah I am working on Bass

upload_2018-6-23_13-58-1.png

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Glad to hear it haha. I'll clean her up as I get better doing this. For now I get the feeling it's the kinda sprite where it'd only be legible when actually animated. The tassles and shinyness create too much clutter on the static image.

Also, just because.

View attachment 25205 View attachment 25206

Kinda wanna get good enough at this to do them for commissions :)
All of these are REALLY great, I did not realize that you were the one who did these when I saw your ago! If you do can I request some please?? I'm more than willing to pay you money for commisions, especially since you're always nice to me and a respectful artist as well xD

I would probably commsion Kasumi, Eliot, Phase, and Naotora myself, just tell me if you ever make it a business and I'll put my money where my mouth is!:p

Argentus

All of these are REALLY great, I did not realize that you were the one who did these when I saw your ago! If you do can I request some please?? I'm more than willing to pay you money for commisions, especially since you're always nice to me and a respectful artist as well xD

I would probably commsion Kasumi, Eliot, Phase, and Naotora myself, just tell me if you ever make it a business and I'll put my money where my mouth is!:p

i'd be more than happy to, i could use the money, and its a learning process for me, so, as long as you're happy with the 2 i've done so far (and third i'm working on) it's only gonna get better from here on out.

I've got some stuff to do right now, and when I sit back down i'm gonna try to finish up Bass next (and maybe fix some details on Tina), but if you wanna pm me about it, i'd be glad to do one of yours after that.

I'm hoping to make animated sprites of the DOA characters once i'm used to shading and detailing in this style, as well.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
i'd be more than happy to, i could use the money, and its a learning process for me, so, as long as you're happy with the 2 i've done so far (and third i'm working on) it's only gonna get better from here on out.

I've got some stuff to do right now, and when I sit back down i'm gonna try to finish up Bass next (and maybe fix some details on Tina), but if you wanna pm me about it, i'd be glad to do one of yours after that.

I'm hoping to make animated sprites of the DOA characters once i'm used to shading and detailing in this style, as well.
Will do, although I won't be able to do it today since I'm broke atm(blame my deadbeat dad XD) but when I get my check I'll be sure to PM you

Argentus

Will do, although I won't be able to do it today since I'm broke atm(blame my deadbeat dad XD) but when I get my check I'll be sure to PM you

No worries, i'm gonna be continuing to practice the pixel art in the meantime.

Looking at my profile pic, i'm realizing, I REALLY need to fix Mila's right arm. It was originally an arm pump, then due to the head being larger, i left it looking like she's adjusting her hair, but I need to bring that arm down or something haha.

Argentus

Sorry for the delay, had a lot of work.

Also Bass was much, much harder, because of the different proportions meaning more body detail, whereas on the girls the heads were the biggest part.

Still not happy with the hands, but not sure how to make it better right now.

BassSlugScaled.png
BassSlug.png
BassSlug.png

@Mr. Wah

Axeoul, awesome art, can't wait to see your Mila

Attachments

• BassSlug.png
    BassSlug.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Still not happy with the hands, but not sure how to make it better right now.

I would suggest making his forearms shorter in length. And possibly also his left hand, specifically its thumb, seem out of proportion as well. The thumb specifically looks as big as his whole hand, and looks like it is going the wrong way - making it look broken.

Think it makes it stand out even more since it's not a pose he actually does. The pose itself seems like something Zack would do more than Bass' character, specifically the exaggerated grin.

The body, legs, and head otherwise look fine.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD