DOA Legacy Tournament @ Winter Brawl X

The HuBBs

doa_20_years_2-1-jpg.16290

Once the Winter Brawl X is made, this will find it's way there. As stated last year, I announced a DOA Legacy Tournament to coincide with Winter Brawl's 10th anniversary as well as the beginning of the 20th anniversary of the Dead or Alive franchise.

This is a side tournament consisting of Dead or Alive 1 to 4. Dead or Alive 5 is a main game for Winter Brawl and is not part of the Legacy event. Here a breakdown of how the Legacy event will go.

Saturday February 27th

Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate - Xbox - (only if DOA++ is not available for use)
  • $5 pot fee
  • Start Time TBA
  • Rules
    • 40 second time limit
    • Normal life setting
    • 2/3 rounds
    • 2/3 matches, 3/5 for winner, loser and grand finals
Dead Or Alive Ultimate 2 - Xbox
  • $5 pot fee
  • Start Time TBA
  • Rules
    • 40 second time limit
    • Normal life setting
    • 3/5 rounds
    • Tengu is banned
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday - February 28th

Dead or Alive 3.1 - Xbox
  • $10 pot fee
  • Start time 30 minutes after the conclusion of DOA5LR grandfinals
  • Rules
    • 60 second time limit
    • Normal life setting
    • 3/5 rounds
    • Hayate cartwheel move is banned.
Dead or Alive 4.1 - Xbox 360
  • $10 pot fee
  • $250 pot bonus guaranteed
  • Start time TBA
  • Rules
    • 60 second time limit
    • Normal life setting
    • 3/5 rounds
    • 2/3 matches, 3/5 for winner, loser and grand final
    • Experimental Playground stage is banned

Last edited:

Camel with 2 thumbs

DOA 1/2/3 tournament in 2016, this is too awesome, now i have to go to winter brawl. But Doa2 Tengu is banned!? makes sense, guess ill just have to go with Ein or Gen fu then

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If I could make it I'd put $100 bet down on myself winning the Doa++ or 1u tournament, especially if it is 1u.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Of course, the Hayate cartwheel is banned in 3.1. As for the Experimental Playground ban, I never understood why... Is it because of that damn Pterodactyl in the stage?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Of course, the Hayate cartwheel is banned in 3.1. As for the Experimental Playground ban, I never understood why... Is it because of that damn Pterodactyl in the stage?
It's because the stage elements are about as consistent as online play. The stage is nuts and comes in two flavors. The first is attacking the players with everything from dinosaurs that are figurative miles away to trees that were definitely not behind the character that got knocked into them. The second is coating everything in butter and absolutely no stage hazards function normally. It's definitely experimental in the worst way.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
It's because the stage elements are about as consistent as online play. The stage is nuts and comes in two flavors. The first is attacking the players with everything from dinosaurs that are figurative miles away to trees that were definitely not behind the character that got knocked into them. The second is coating everything in butter and absolutely no stage hazards function normally. It's definitely experimental in the worst way.
That stage really lives up to its name.

The HuBBs

So because of injury and a pending surgery I will be scheduling, I won't be on staff again for WBX. Which means I can't run the DOA Legacy event. If someone would like to take over the side tournament for me, please PM me. If I hear from nobody in the next couple of days, I will have to cancel it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD