DOA Q&A

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Would you like some "professional help" with that.

/hint
/shameless plug

lol yeah sure !!

I have a bit of experience with stick designing myself. I've done quite a few in the past, but none for DOA.

Lets wait till all the characters are released. :D

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Team Ninja uploaded models of Hitomi, Akira, Sarah and Kokoro on their FB page and I haven't seen any1 mention them.
As soon as I get a hold of them, I'll share with the rest of the forum but neither TK press site I have access to has them up.

kupo

Thanks Rikuto, that was exactly the answer I was looking for.
I though you could Hold during strings whenever you wanted.

Thank you Tenren.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
On the Japanese site, I noticed updates regarding a list of areas in Japan.

Does anyone know for sure if these are in fact location tests, giveaway spots for the E3 demo, or both?

And if it's the former, are they invite-only?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
So why is there a lack of Brad material online? Are people not interested or is he just bad?

I think the character is very original with loads of mix ups. Some tips and combos would be nice.

Raansu

So why is there a lack of Brad material online? Are people not interested or is he just bad?

I think the character is very original with loads of mix ups. Some tips and combos would be nice.

"Brad tier"

He's never been very popular either.

Farmer

I'm new to Doa and i've been wondering is the method used to do the kbdc the same as Tekken or is there another preferred one ?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
The Tekken kbdc works, but you can free/hold cancel it too, though the latter is prone to accidental mid punch holds and not reliable with the DOA buffer system.

Makes me miss reverse back-dashing from DOA1.

Baron West

Characters with various stances&transitions, high/low teching&crushing moves and other deceptive gimmicks can only be successful when they have a solid core move set to fallback on. Unlike Shun-Di and Lei-Wulong Brad has very weak fundamental moves. As a result Brad has to be overly reliant on confusing his opponents and teching their moves to get counter hits. This is impossible to consistently do against an opponent of the same skill level.

Thus Brad is weak, despite being fun to play. I'd say he's TTT Kuma level of bad. Assuming you know Kuma better than your opponent knows they're character, and factor in that they've never played a good Kuma, you can be a big threat.

Most of the Brad's I've seen online have been unremarkable, except for maybe...4?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I played this character with Rev the other day. He's hard to use properly and he's fundamentally flawed in many different ways. He can't compete with fast characters and you need plenty of effort just to win a round or two.

Comparing him to Kuma is unfair, because Kuma on the other hand has solid fundamentals and punish along with good setups while Brad is slow and only has mixups and set ups which aren't that good to begin with.

To call him technical wouldn't be accurate because he doesn't have many stance transitions.

Sorry for double post, but Bass questions:​
I noticed Bass' DOA4 hcf throw is 20f. Is this also the same with the 3.1/3.2 throw or was it 16f?​
Also, do you need to dash cancel > 6pk after his 4throw launch for 9pkp to connect? I can just use qcf p or 3p for the 6pk to connect, but I didn't bother adding 9pkp at the end (I was just messing around in casuals).​

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
3.1/3.2 was a 16 frame throw.

It's best to dash cancel after 9K in order to get 6PK. His best juggle against middle weights is the following:

4F+P9K66F6PK9P9K236P6KP2F+P

236P is doable off of 4F+P but the hit box is awkward and the relaunch as well. 9PKP is decent but sacrifices damage but you can get a guaranteed crouch dash to 2F+P off of it.

I typically only do 9PKP if the juggle height is lower than I expect once I hit the 9P or I'm at the wall and want to avoid doing 9P9K.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Sounds very interesting. I haven't seen that juggle done before, so I'll try it out. Might wow hurricane rev a little since he was surprised at how good 3.2 Bass really is. He hates the guessing game out of his ground pick-up in particular.

Have you been in touch with the TN guys lately?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The thing with bass' pick-up is that you can actually backdash out of it on both ways.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Does he get frame advantage out of ground picks ups or is it neutral? It would be pretty good if he gets 2 or 3f adv from his DOA5 pick up.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD