DOA4's top 25 (When it mattered)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raansu

All I'm saying to YOU RAANSU is this- you claim players who do not play offline do not have a voice, therefore YOU do not have a voice. You gave your input in the thousands of tier lists and character boards but USING YOUR OWN LOGIC you should not have commented since you have never played offline... YOUR RESPONSE TO ME IS EITHER YES SIR, NO SIR, or I need you to slap me because I have yet to decode the ABC's and therefore I cannot read, SIR!

Having a conversation about the mechanics of a game and going into a thread and claiming to be a top player are two different things. I don't go into threads claiming that I'm a tournament caliber player or that "I beat so and so online so I must be amazing!" and telling people they should recognize me. That's all this thread has been about. He wants to give recognition to online players when they have done nothing to deserve it. Giving recognition to a online player is completely unfair to someone who travels and competes in a major tournament and places within the top 5.

Relius Starkiller

Having a conversation about the mechanics of a game and going into a thread and claiming to be a top player are two different things. I don't go into threads claiming that I'm a tournament caliber player or that "I beat so and so online so I must be amazing!" and telling people they should recognize me. That's all this thread has been about. He wants to give recognition to online players when they have done nothing to deserve it. Giving recognition to a online player is completely unfair to someone who travels and competes in a major tournament and places within the top 5.

Are we about being fair or doing whats RIGHT ? You're pretending like I'm saying that we wouldn't give recognition to the guy who places top 5, of course he'd get mention.

If you're at tournaments placing top 5 against legitimate competition then ok, you're doing your thing but ya know what? Most DOA4 tournaments didn't feature brackets jam packed with the best of the best. So what if you win a 10 man tournament with 3 good players and 7 guys there just for the experience? What did you really accomplish?

A list like this is about putting a microscope on what you actually did and how good your actually are. Its the tail end of the DOA4 era and there are a lot of people who deserve respect for supporting the game.
There's nothing to discuss. . . .I just said you're right lol.

Do you want to be wrong?

Ninja CW, you're being facetious. You don't actually believe what I'm saying, you're just agreeing to try and get off the subject but you don't understand that this subject is part and parcel to the original intention of this thread.

But if you want to admit that I'm right then admit that I'm right, maybe explain why you were wrong. . but you and I both know you feel differently - so if you're not going to give decent counter points then just stop posting in this thread.

Chris Harris

Are we about being fair or doing whats RIGHT ? You're pretending like I'm saying that we wouldn't give recognition to the guy who places top 5, of course he'd get mention.

If you're at tournaments placing top 5 against legitimate competition then ok, you're doing your thing but ya know what? Most DOA4 tournaments didn't feature brackets jam packed with the best of the best. So what if you win a 10 man tournament with 3 good players and 7 guys there just for the experience? What did you really accomplish?

A list like this is about putting a microscope on what you actually did and how good your actually are. Its the tail end of the DOA4 era and there are a lot of people who deserve respect for supporting the game.

Ninja CW, you're being facetious. You don't actually believe what I'm saying, you're just agreeing to try and get off the subject but you don't understand that this subject is part and parcel to the original intention of this thread.

But if you want to admit that I'm right then admit that I'm right, maybe explain why you were wrong. . but you and I both know you feel differently - so if you're not going to give decent counter points then just stop posting in this thread.

I honestly don't care enough I just want you to let it die lol. Caring what you do online means very little to me as I will spend most of my time offline so what is happening in your online world will mean very little to me. I will let those players believe whatever it is that they want to believe while playing the game online.

Basically you don't have a good reason why you don't take the skill of online players seriously.

Its not going to die because this is a sticking point of the top 25 I'm trying to put together.

So if you have nothing else to contribute to the conversation, theres the door.

P.S You'll play more online matches than offline matches, just like most everyone in the MK community, KOF community, Virtua Fighter community, MVC community and so on. So don't try to position yourself as above online because of perceived notions that it doesn't matter in other fight game communities - because it actually does.

It's pretty obvious you aren't even reading what I'm typing. I "personally" don't play online much as I have people to play offline. Even in delaware I had people to play with consistently offline.

I'm not putting myself above online at all, I'm nearly stating that I don't care what they think about how good or bad they are. If they want to sit online and proclaim to be the best, be my guest. However if they want to venture further and take it to tournaments, more power to you. I'm not going to worry about it overall because I'm going to be having fun and learning the game(s) my way.

In reality you are making a list of "If "x" person went offline he would do really well against the best" which is a very true possibility but until it actually happens I could careless. All the while that person is still and will always be just an "online" player until he leaves his house. No one is saying that the players are bad who play online they are merely stating that you aren't the best until you leave your house. It's all opinion until you leave that house and go to a tournament and showcase your skills.

There are many people who are criticized for being an online player. They then say w/e and instead of doing the DoA community they leave the house and get out there and show case their skills. DoA players don't do that, they sit at home online going GIVE ME RESPECT instead of doing the Wolfkrone; leaving that home and taking care of business. THAT is the KEY difference.

Relius Starkiller

I honestly don't care enough I just want you to let it die lol. Caring what you do online means very little to me as I will spend most of my time offline so what is happening in your online world will mean very little to me. I will let those players believe whatever it is that they want to believe while playing the game online.

Basically you don't have a good reason why you don't take the skill of online players seriously.

Its not going to die because this is a sticking point of the top 25 I'm trying to put together.

So if you have nothing else to contribute to the conversation, theres the door.

P.S You'll play more online matches than offline matches, just like most everyone in the MK community, KOF community, Virtua Fighter community, MVC community and so on. So don't try to position yourself as above online because of perceived notions that it doesn't matter in other fight game communities - because it actually does.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
There are many people who are criticized for being an online player. They then say w/e and instead of doing the DoA community they leave the house and get out there and show case their skills. DoA players don't do that, they sit at home online going GIVE ME RESPECT instead of doing the Wolfkrone; leaving that home and taking care of business. THAT is the KEY difference.
I can buy the whole "less willing to leave the house bit". I'll even admit I had some things in life that held me back from traveling in the past. But don't label me as an online player who constantly bragged about being a good Christie player in the forums and demanding respect prior to going to D.I.D. 7, 'cause that ain't true.

Chris Harris

I can buy the whole "less willing to leave the house bit". I'll even admit I had some things in life that held me back from traveling in the past. But don't label me as an online player who constantly bragged about being a good Christie player in the forums and demanding respect prior to going to D.I.D. 7, 'cause that ain't true.

Then no one is talking about you genius. You are the weirdest person I have ever known, you literally just troll all day lol. I'm talking strictly giving someone a label as a strong competitor without that person competing.

Saying, " Random X the online player would probably do well if he traveled to tournaments" is a very valid statement (especially if the online is decent and he is doing well online). Saying, "Random X is right under the top 5 players, because he does so well online." is a horrible statement.

Do you see the difference now?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Then no one is talking about you genius. You are the weirdest person I have ever known, you literally just troll all day lol. I'm talking strictly giving someone a label as a strong competitor without that person competing.
"Weirdest person you've ever known"? So the rumors were true.

Anyway, I was trying to prove a point that not everyone you labeled as DOA players are like that, and certainly more people than just me. Now if you said "most DOA players", I would've let it slide. But in this case, you made it sound like you were talking about everyone. =/

ScattereDreams

So basically this thread should be "Top 25 Offline Players: when it mattered"... Well in that case I won't post my top 25..

MasterHavik

Yeah Dreams is right. I met some solid online guys...but you need to make out to a tourney. Look at Ryujin in SC5. Online warrior to 5th at mlg with astaroth in SC5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD