DOA5 1.03A changelog

Belinea

Revised hit detection for rising kicks. When rising kicks and strikes hit at the same time, rising kicks now lose to strikes if the strike causes higher damage.

I really like the sound of that.

Edit:

In the version for PS3, some replays recorded before Ver. 1.02 do not play back correctly. (Planned to be fixed in a future update.)

Seems there's a possibility of at least another update after this.

Musourenka

Tag looks crazy delicious.

EDIT: And until now, I don't think I've seen a DOA juggle that continues while switching sides.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Tag mode has always been like this, but nobody has been playing it. Hopefully more people will join us.

Smithy

WOW that tag video was cool, i'm sold lol. reminds me of the french doa3 tag match vids with kayane etc

Kronin

Tag looks crazy delicious.
EDIT: And until now, I don't think I've seen a DOA juggle that continues while switching sides.

I was thinking the same thing, but I can't say with certainty to not have ever seen it in some demo movie or Doa3 or Doa4.

Sam Sultan

I think TN did well by doing what they did with the tag mode. They tried to give both sides what they wanted and i think they succeed quite well and should get props for this. Now it is basically if you like big damage guarantee combo's then go play tag if you want to play the regular DOA go play single.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I see alot of Critical State. That means shit isn't guaranteed.

Actually the video shows off guaranteed combos from first hit.

I started suspecting this when I was messing around with tag the other week.some moves are crap by them selves,but when combined with a tag make them useful.could competitive for tag be what they were aiming for this whole time?

It's what they were aiming for for DOA2 and DOA3 according to Itagaki himself.

DontForkWitMe

so they went ahead and completely ignored the demands for stagger escaping unholdable stuns. TN truly gives no fucks about its non-casual fans and thus i give no fucks about them. i said there would be no going back after actually getting a taste of guaranteed setups with a character i give a damn about and i ment it.

i gave this game a chance after they scrapped my main, i continued to give it a chance after finding out my secondary is terrible and relies on DOA4 guessing game bs with no guaranteed setups, and the one thing they actually did right with the game that would've kept my interest was a fluke made by them and is now taken away. im done; the game will be going towards crysis 3 trade-in credit...pc version of course since the console versions look and run like complete diarrhea :eek:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD