DOA5 Balance Test Combo Footage #3

Awesmic

Standard Donor
ps... i really like the techno beat they play in these Tougeki vids. i hope that track is in the game somewhere too
Actually, it was originally the training mode music for Dead or Alive Dimensions. But that's a good idea.

It'd also be nice if the exclusive remixes from Dimensions (including the original Kasumi Alpha theme) were also included as bonus tracks in the DOA5 soundtrack, seeing as DOAD never saw an official soundtrack release of any sort.

DontForkWitMe

who would've thought bayman out of those shown would have the best and most damaging combo's hes literally built around the new DOA5 mechanics and it shows.

x Sypher x

WOW! Hayabusa's new throw is OP, like fuck it's just as bad as his Izuna Otoshi. That setup was sinister lol.

OSTCarmine

not really, that did not seem like too great a time to hold. also, if Busa was going to capitalize on the guardcrush then Hayate should have just blocked and taken less damage. the throw does look pretty awesome though lol

Aion

Was hoping to see some more variety in Lisa's combo options, rather than just ending 3 out of her 4 combo's with her airthrow...

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The only thing im not to fond of concerning the vids, is the use of high counter damage. The likelyhood of pulling it off is slim, compared to counter revisions. Those are the comboes that would hold the most weight in the game. But than again, these were not said to be the best combos available, so there may be room for improvisation.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
EMPEROR_COW said:
Really? that.... sounds.... DELICIOUS ! O__O

The more Doa4 they take out, the better. I hope they brought back the limbo stun option select.

FakeSypha

I'm loving Christie's combos. So many new stuff :D

She also has a second CB (:6: :P+K:). Hmmm, maybe everyone is getting a 2nd CB?

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
Rikuto said:
I don't. It removes the entire relevance behind limbo stuns and creates an unpunishable hold. That thing needs to gtfo.

You suck rikuto, always breaking my heart, ugh lol.. But your right, when putting it that way. Maybe they can do the reverse for non unholdable stuns. Option select throw/attack punish....hmmmm

Doug Nguyen

The only thing im not to fond of concerning the vids, is the use of high counter damage. The likelyhood of pulling it off is slim, compared to counter revisions. Those are the comboes that would hold the most weight in the game. But than again, these were not said to be the best combos available, so there may be room for improvisation.
Dr.Dogg stated in the last videos not all these combos require a high counter. There probably doing that in order to get more damage, is all.

DrDogg

She also has a second CB (:6: :P+K:). Hmmm, maybe everyone is getting a 2nd CB?

The game is in a constant state of flux as Team Ninja finalizes the balancing. I wouldn't assume any character has two CBs unless you see both of them in the same video. In this case it's far more likely that Christie's old, slow, unsafe CB has been replaced with this new, faster CB.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I do like this footage lately but I'm concerned whether these are actual combos as some don't appear to be and, like others have mentioned, the damage output looks really, really low especially for high-counter. Some of these should be death combos on high-counter but the current damage output makes it seem like matches are going to get dragged out way too long. Especially if I have to get three or four of those giant juggles in a single round on normal/counter hit.

Knowxscape

Um, is it just me or does Lisa still look slow as fuck -_-

I am hoping that new running stance is good, and for god's sake, give her some ground throws. It always irked me that she was a wrestler with such a limited amount of actual throws in DOA4.

New butt move looks nice though. I assume there is guaranteed damage from her 66 and 44 throws, which is already a plus! Also, i hope BT gets a lot more options, since from what i remember it wasn't that great in DOA4.

p.s. hello freestepdodge, i'm new :)

As someone who played as lisa thousands of times on doa 4 and dimensions, I can definitely tell she is way faster than her DOA 4 counterpart. It seems that her speed is more on par with with her DOA dimensions ver. which is still light years ahead of 4's.

Yeah, I'm definitely upset that they didn't show off any combos that included her running stance. Hopefully it should open many new practical options for her as well as her back-turn stance which was extremely unsafe in DOA 4. I also noticed that she has a lower launch height for her mid-air throw which is definitely an added plus and that new butt bump and critical stun burst kick looks like they'll mix in nicely with her move set.

From what I've seen so far, she is definitely shaping up better than her DOA 4 ver. Just hoping she finally gets the respect she deserves in DOA 5.

p.s. i'm new too :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD