DOA5 E3 Version Q&A

DrDogg

That's interesting, because in all previous DOAs you would not be able to throw someone who is in guard break animation. Even if you had a normal guarded attack that is +8 on guard you wouldn't be able to connect the throw; the throw would just go right through the opponent until the guard disadvantage was done.

It may have been some sort of unique guard stun as Rikuto mentioned. We didn't have much time with Bass so...

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
That's fine. I read you, just saying how it was with frame advantage in the previous DOAs.

Is this unique guard break the same as Bayman's :6::6::P+K:?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Moved the discussion out of the Character Leak thread into a more suitable thread for the off-topic discussion.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
It may have been some sort of unique guard stun as Rikuto mentioned. We didn't have much time with Bass so...

Sounds like the headbutt would at least be guaranteed after the stun or guard break or whatever this thing is.

I have a feeling it could get nerfed before the game goes gold, even for a shitty move like 236p.

Lobo

What is that thing with Lei Fang at 2:03 ?
!
Um, that video and this one...

Have they been discussed yet? Are those even still the E3 build. I'm just asking because I saw some things I never saw in all the E3 tournament vids. I saw a lot on TN's twitter/facebook that they were doing a lot of things in Europe with DOA5 and was wondering if it was the same version we saw at E3

Has the camera always gotten that low before. Like in the second vid, when Lei and Tina are fighting around 1:25, the camera is looking up at them and basically outside the level. I don't know if i just didn't notice it before or if it was really new.

PhoenixVFIRE

Um, that video and this one...
Have they been discussed yet? Are those even still the E3 build. I'm just asking because I saw some things I never saw in all the E3 tournament vids. I saw a lot on TN's twitter/facebook that they were doing a lot of things in Europe with DOA5 and was wondering if it was the same version we saw at E3

Has the camera always gotten that low before. Like in the second vid, when Lei and Tina are fighting around 1:25, the camera is looking up at them and basically outside the level. I don't know if i just didn't notice it before or if it was really new.
I've seen it get low before, I think if you have the action camera on it will do things like that. It's trying to make you look at the stage getting destroyed and watching the crane. I love how Lei Fang is getting some sabaki strings! They look kewl.

DrDogg

Sounds like the headbutt would at least be guaranteed after the stun or guard break or whatever this thing is.

I have a feeling it could get nerfed before the game goes gold, even for a shitty move like 236p.

Where did you get that idea from? Throws are much faster than attacks, and the frame advantage wasn't enough to get an attack. Even with the way it is now, you can only get a throw if the opponent is close to the wall, otherwise the push back is too much to even get that.

There's no reason to nerf it at all...

As far as I know, you won't see a new DOA5 build in public until the next IGN event. I think everything between now and then is just the E3 build. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised to see a new build.

Also, as mentioned, that's the action camera setting. At E3 we used the professional setting to disable the action camera and turn off the hit effects.

DyByHands

OK, I was watching this horrible quality video of DOA at E3... Now at/around the 4:48 mark, does Zach do a weird eye laser taunt or something? What is this...

Arnell Long

WTF !!!! ZACK LAZER EYES!? O_________________O

So thats why he always has shades on ... hmm...

DOAUzack_cos05.jpg

You never know bro, that is a good assumption you have there, Zack pretty much sleeps with his glasses on, so that would be cool if he has some form of hidden powers...I wouldn't doubt it...wonder if Team Ninja will explain this to us...^_^

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
DOAUzack_cos05.jpg

You never know bro, that is a good assumption you have there, Zack pretty much sleeps with his glasses on, so that would be cool if he has some form of hidden powers...I wouldn't doubt it...wonder if Team Ninja will explain this to us...^_^

I doubt it that very seriously.just like I doubt TN is ever going to explain why Christie could float and shoot lighting in DOA4

Kronin

Zack is ever more awesome XD

Anyway, modding DOA2 was possibile to see the eyes of the Zack model's removing the glasses (so the eyes are original and not modified by the mod). Off course they aren't canon, considered that the developers knew that they would have been covered by the glasses and so I think they haven't given much attention to them:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD