DOA5 single player/casual thread

Arnell Long

Pai Chan "assuming the rumored list is accurate" has a low grab Emperor but I know you mean DOA traditional low grabs.
Also, most characters on the roster has Kasumi/Christie "if not faster" Jab speeds and most attacks don't leave a huge gap for punishment.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Pai Chan "assuming the rumored list is accurate" has a low grab Emperor.
Also, most characters on the roster has Kasumi/Christie "if not faster" Jab speeds and most attacks don't leave a huge gap for punishment.

Yes, but Akira and Sarah don't .. the guys say Akira had a low throw in the beta. so I'm glad they implemented some DOA into them. :)

In any case, I'm looking forward to them !
Its gonna be crazy having some VF in the game ...

I'm curious to know if they would also add the stuns that would put the opponent back into a standing state after they slam the ground. Got lots of setups for those :D. That would be pretty insane to have as part of the DOA juggle system

I know there's a RE-bounce already in the game ... but what I'm talking about it different. Its when they get back up like a snake from a ground bounce, allowing another guaranteed juggle :D

Arnell Long

Hopefully next week when that "new" character is revealed we can get another VF added to the mix, probably a video showing Sarah in action.

Hmm, I wonder how a VF character would work partnered with a DOA character in Tag seeing as how the system is slightly different most importantly the gravity.

Codemaster92163

My thoughts are that Mila will likely be a fast character, likely brown hair, with unique punches and a stance.

I think Rig will have spiky-ish hair, red/brown, and fight Similar to Ein in a slight sense, but be a slightly powerful character.

Complete guesses going off of names and imagination, but I'd enjoy being right =P

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
My thoughts are that Mila will likely be a fast character, likely brown hair, with unique punches and a stance.

I think Rig will have spiky-ish hair, red/brown, and fight Similar to Ein in a slight sense, but be a slightly powerful character.

Complete guesses going off of names and imagination, but I'd enjoy being right =P

Mila (female) will be a fat short midget that plays sumo while saying quotes that imply she is high on cocaine ..

Rig (male) will be a ballet dancer that sounds like ARNOLD, has blonde zangief- like chest hair, and wears a pink thong as a main outfit ..

Sorry for trashing your dreams ... but that's what they are ..

on and Mila's hair is blue for some reason .. >__>

all I'm saying is .. Team ninja really went overkill with these two to appeal to more ... "special tastes" .. >__>... blame hayashi ...

you'll be seeing them soon ...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Krav Maga
7yRZ8.jpg

Akira wasn't that good in the E3 build, and while Sarah was great, I'm very concerned she'll be unnecessarily toned down.
I have that feeling as well... =(

Codemaster92163

Hehehe, alright =D My dreams weren't killed (: so no worries. I would, however, find their choices for character designs to be...fascinating. If, of course, what you're telling me is true (I'm terribly gullible sometimes). But I believe you ;)

When is "soon" might I ask? That is, if you know?

Gill Hustle

New request! An individual option for character voice options (English/Japanese).

While I prefer the game to "Keep It Real" with the JP voices I wouldn't mind changing some of the cast.

Lobo

As long as they can find decent voice actors, I'm all for it. Problem is, could they find VAs that are good enough? Personally, I would rather have japanese-speaking zack that I've gotten used to, than an awful fake-trying-to-sound-overly-black voice actor that you hear in a lot of japanese games that have black chars.

Arnell Long

Zack sounded decent in English for DOAX2 so I wouldn't mind him doing his voice again since in the DOA5 demo Ayane/Hitomi has their Eng voices from DOAX2 also...though not as good as Zack's.

Whoa...me complimenting something about Zack...tsk...

Baron West

As long as they can find decent voice actors, I'm all for it. Problem is, could they find VAs that are good enough? Personally, I would rather have japanese-speaking zack that I've gotten used to, than an awful fake-trying-to-sound-overly-black voice actor that you hear in a lot of japanese games that have black chars.

lol. I have to agree with this. Every single time I hear Bruce and Raven I can't help but chuckle at the voice actors trying so hard to sound Black. Sad thing is, compared to everyone else...they actually do sound better. I don't even understand what's going on with Vanessa from VF. Jeffery is just...ugh. DOA2HC Zack was terrible. I don't like skin bleached Zack. Giving him a fake voice would make things worse.

It's not like there aren't great voice actors out there. If they wanted to they could get good ones. Whatever they decide to do, it can't possibly be worse than Bloody Roar 4.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
lol. I have to agree with this. Every single time I hear Bruce and Raven I can't help but chuckle at the voice actors trying so hard to sound Black. Sad thing is, compared to everyone else...they actually do sound better. I don't even understand what's going on with Vanessa from VF. Jeffery is just...ugh. DOA2HC Zack was terrible. I don't like skin bleached Zack. Giving him a fake voice would make things worse.

It's not like there aren't great voice actors out there. If they wanted to they could get good ones. Whatever they decide to do, it can't possibly be worse than Bloody Roar 4.

Hey! Jeffery's voice is AWESOME...and that laugh, OMG. Never gets old, lol.

R4712-VR88

Anyone noticed how Akira's voice is still muffled in DOA5 as it is in VF5? I wonder why they don't make new sound clips instead. Here Kokoro sounds clean and clear and then Akira sounds like something covering his mouth.

Gill Hustle

Damn it may be too late for this, but I was wondering what people thought of the DOAD VS screen shots being used again.

Mr. Wah talked about how much he liked them and I was thinking if they could be put in SF4 like, where as after the character has a win pose it would transition to the DOAD art and have an added (and character specific) win quote.

As a fanservice person at heart, I found that DOA's win quotes weren't as generic as VF, but wished they went the further level of having their characters interact with intros/outros.

:bass: and :tina: have on for when she wins. :ayane: and :ein: was another one I remember. Specific Tag teams have them, I'm hoping DOA5 at least goes further with this and pushes the bar up.

:ayane: and :kasumi: rival scene in DOA3 is the best I can think of on a Kyo VS Iori level from KOF. Just shorten them down so people won't mash through them.

Kronin

I absolute love the specific intro and end quotes for specific matches of the characters like in Doa2 and Doa3, and I really hope that they will return in Doa5.

And the versus art of the characters before the matches, was a really cute addition in Doa Dimensions, I would like so see their presence again in Doa5.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD