DOA5 single player/casual thread

Gill Hustle

I wouldn't say that. Koko and Akira are plenty different. If Shun Di were in DoA, he and Brad would be very different.

If Sarah and Hwoarang were in the same game, they'd be very different. Hell, Hwaorang and Baek are both TKD, but each is very unique. It's entirely possible to have a different take on the same fighting style. :D

Well the thing is Sarah's "official" fighting style has been called Jeet Kune Do, Tae Kwon Do, and now just Martial Arts.

So I'm just going on that with my thoughts. Not saying it couldn't happen just looking at probability.

I'm pretty sure I was one of if not the first person to start talking about a TKD character waay back.

Arnell Long

Boxer
Tae Kwon Do
Judo
Sumo
Aikido
Silat
Krav Maga

Are what I feel to be some of the more popular styles that aren't present in DOA.

Arnell Long

All of the tag stuff was shown at E3. The only "new" characters in that build were Sarah and Bass. As I recall, Akira was Kokoro's tag partner.

If the next reveal is a brand new character, I will be stoked... more so than if it was Helena.

True, and since TN said they'll be showing new characters and a "movie", I was thinking they'll show those Tag Team pictures from IGN, but in trailer form.

A new character to the series is always welcome, just wondering whether or not they'll be showing Bass in a Tag Team trailer.

DrDogg

It's times like these when I almost wish I didn't know what was coming... almost.

coffee.gif

Clarification Note: As in knowing the reveal is coming, not as in knowing what the reveal is.

Arnell Long

and her in game name would be BIG MOMMA !! ... Just like Lisa's name is La mariposa , LOL

you forgot Turkish oil wrestling ....>__>

I love Hakan ... lol

I didn't forget that style lol, I listed the most popular voted by the masses. But yes sir, Turkish Wrestling is pretty cool I give it that, but I don't know how that would fit in DOA with the whole oil deal.

Cause if they do that, they might as well give Brad Wong a "Drunken Meter" like Shun Di from VF.

KwonJigglypuff

I hope the fact Sarah is in DOA5 won't be a lazy excuse for them not the make a TKD character in the game. They know fans want a damn Korean TKD, it would be weird if they pretended they didn't know or if they stated that "Sarah was enough".
I'm not sure about that "new to the serie" statement, I hope it's true. In that case, we can expect anything. A tag team trailer with a cutscene with Mila would make my day.

Oh and Mila could totally be Korean. It could be a nickname (which means "Mommy" in Korean, so Zack could have met her in that pyramid haha), and she could be a scary psychopath a la Tira/Juri. I wonder what are the last stereotypes we don't have in DOA yet. I think the psychopath is one example, the loli and the robot could be another examples.. I hope she won't turn being another Alisa Boskonobitch.

PhoenixVFIRE

I hope the fact Sarah is in DOA5 won't be a lazy excuse for them not the make a TKD character in the game. They know fans want a damn Korean TKD, it would be weird if they pretended they didn't know or if they stated that "Sarah was enough".
I'm not sure about that "new to the serie" statement, I hope it's true. In that case, we can expect anything. A tag team trailer with a cutscene with Mila would make my day.

Oh and Mila could totally be Korean. It could be a nickname (which means "Mommy" in Korean, so Zack could have met her in that pyramid haha), and she could be a scary psychopath a la Tira/Juri. I wonder what are the last stereotypes we don't have in DOA yet. I think the psychopath is one example, the loli and the robot could be another examples.. I hope she won't turn being another Alisa Boskonobitch.
I reallllly want Mila or Rig to be Korean. Mila means Mommy in Korean? I though the word for Mom was 엄마(Eomma)? *searches Google Translate* lol wow apparently Mila 미라 is Mummy/Mum in Korean too, I haven't heard that one yet in a Kdrama or anything! Learn something new erryday!.

DyByHands

I wonder what are the last stereotypes we don't have in DOA yet. I think the psychopath is one example, the loli and the robot could be another examples..
Rig sounds like he/she could be a robot/cyborg??

Also, I have been diggin Taka Arashi on VF5FS... I could do a cool Sumo in DOA. TKD is a must. And, a samurai dude could be cool too. But, alas, must be done wanting.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Oh, I don't think we have to worry about Mila being a refrigerator and being strangely compared to a vibrator by some high school student with an obsession for emo kids.

Nope.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I didn't forget that style lol, I listed the most popular voted by the masses. But yes sir, Turkish Wrestling is pretty cool I give it that, but I don't know how that would fit in DOA with the whole oil deal.

Cause if they do that, they might as well give Brad Wong a "Drunken Meter" like Shun Di from VF.

just keep him oily all the time :p

Hurricane Rev

A Sumo character in DOA5 would be really cool and DOA needs more different fighting styles. But I am hoping that we will get to see more than two new characters in this game. For Team Ninja not to do "DLC" for characters is kinda risky I would say. It would kinda be disappointing if we only get to see 2 new characters in DOA5

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
A Sumo character in DOA5 would be really cool and DOA needs more different fighting styles. But I am hoping that we will get to see more than two new characters in this game. For Team Ninja not to do "DLC" for characters is kinda risky I would say. It would kinda be disappointing if we only get to see 2 new characters in DOA5

rev .. technically we're getting 5.
the 3 VF characters will play very differently in DOA due to the stun system differences. they will have some crazy combo potential becasue of it. One simple difference would be where most moves put you on -ve frames on hit in VF those same moves will put you in +ve frames in DOA because of the stun system. Not to mention the juggle system is quite different as well due to the extra float in DOA which will also give these characters a much bigger air-juggle potential than what they have in VF. Add to that their new ability to HOLD and crouch throw in DOA5, those 3 characters should be AWESOME !

so those 3 + Mila and Rig (which are totally brand new) would be a sick deal !

Now, if only we also get Ein ? ... Hmmmmm ... >___>

Hurricane Rev

the 3 VF characters will play very differently in DOA due to the stun system differences. they will have some crazy combo potential becasue of it. One simple difference would be where most moves put you on -ve frames on hit in VF those same moves will put you in +ve frames in DOA because of the stun system. Not to mention the juggle system is quite different as well due to the extra float in DOA which will also give these characters a much bigger air-juggle potential than what they have in VF. Add to that their new ability to HOLD and crouch throw in DOA5, those 3 characters should be AWESOME !

so those 3 + Mila and Rig (which are totally brand new) would be a sick deal !

Now, if only we also get Ein ? ... Hmmmmm ... >___>

Well yeah but I just don't really count VF Characters as new characters in DOA5. But it is really cool that the VF characters are in the game. I am looking on playing with Pai Chan in this game. VF characters will be very good (I am kinda scared of Sarah lool)

DrDogg

This is pretty much 100% incorrect.

- The VF characters play very similar to their VF5FS counterparts. There are slight differences with the DOA system, meaning you have to use tools in a slightly different way, but it's no where near what you're talking about.
- Most attacks in VF are not negative on hit.
- Getting a stun in DOA is not the same as being at frame advantage in other games.
- So far, the VF characters have basically the same juggles.
- Akira wasn't that good in the E3 build, and while Sarah was great, I'm very concerned she'll be unnecessarily toned down.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD