DOA5: The Show: Lei Fang vs. Zack trailer

D Glock

Here is the latest trailer for Dead or Alive 5, dubbed The Show, revealing Lei Fang and Zack in action.

TEAM NINJA REVEALS TWO NEW CHARACTERS AND VIDEO VIGNETTE FOR DEAD OR ALIVE 5

Today Team NINJA spotlights two new combatants joining the fighting roster for Dead or Alive 5, which isheaded to the Xbox 360® and PlayStation® 3 in September 2012. Lei Fang and Zack return to the Dead or Alive series in incredible fashion, showcasing stunning new character and costume designs and the lifelike detail that Dead or Alive is known for. Boasting all new style and even deadlier techniques, each of the new characters reflects a new look and feel complimenting the intense new generation of Dead or Alive combat. To premier these two new characters Team NINJA has released new stunning images of the characters and a video vignette showcasing both fighters in a vibrant new backdrop.

Lei Fang, also known as “The Tai Chi Quan Genius,” iswidely recognized as a master of T'ai Chi Quan. As a girl who grew up in a wealthy family, she is a woman of justice and bears a very independent spirit, but is also spunky, intelligent and cheerful. Lei Fang trains to defeat Jann Lee, who once saved her from harm. Her strengths lie in T'ai Chi Quan holds which use her opponent's power, and attacks from "Sabaki" and "Inashi" parries.

Zack, also known as “The Crazy Climber”, is a funky DJ with a positive attitude and a very original sense of style. An over the top fighter, he joins the Dead or Alive tournaments for money and fame. He has incredible fighting instincts, and taught himself Muay Thai just by imitation. His unorthodox style of Muay Thai has become so unconventional that no one can predict what comes next.

The battle between Lei Fang and Zack takes place in a dynamic new stage known as The Show, where fighting entertainment unfolds before your very eyes under the bright lights of big top! Tigers, rings of fire and ball-balancing clowns on trampolines - The Show is brimming with monkey business just waiting for some intrepid fighters with the moxie to put on the greatest show ever seen! A massive clown face with moving eyes and nose overlooks the arena. While all smiles this clown is serious business, as skilled players can execute a Power Blow, knocking their opponent in to the clown face creating a human cannonball! Now that’s entertainment!

Below are links to high resolution renders of Lei Fang and Zack:

Screenshots relating to the trailer:

Kansen

Wow Leifang looks good. She was never one of my favorites in terms of looks but in this one she might become one.

x Sypher x

I gotta admit though, getting shot out of a cannon looks pretty fun lol. And Zack actually looks more like a black guy now, big nose, big lips, yeah lol. Oh and his afro DOES come off! :)

The stage looks pretty nice too. The only thing I don't like about it is the tigers...hopefully this is the only stage with moving dangerzones.

HokutoNoBen

If there's a specific timing to those tigers, I won't mind so much. I get memories of those random dinosaurs though. :rolleyes:

That said, looks fun. Zack looks lighter than before, for some reason!

Manjimaru

Standard Donor
Lei Fang really cute, Zack "no comment" :), stage is funny but i dont choose this stage for fight.

Manjimaru

Standard Donor
163351_10150874691646785_109196331784_9892970_1859580688_n.jpg

582529_10150874691596785_109196331784_9892969_847037430_n.jpg

Einzelkind

Didn't the demo hack say that the circus stage had two tiers?
I still don't see any changes to the system and they cut out the part before Lei Fang uses a parry.

Allan Paris

That tiger has to be 2x the size of that cheetah. I want to know is he just as random and frequent as the cheetah. The gameplay was ok; Zack's bobing stance looks great and Lei Fang's parry's look great as well. That stage I am not feeling, at all.

They gave Zack; Brooks 45 Degree Angle, haha. As a taunt or an actual move? It looks evasive. His mid punch hold does not have distant anymore.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That stage and music...terrible. Costumes too. Give me the ability to edit the possible stages for Random please.

Echo01

I am in love. With dat stage. And Zack. 'Cause dat lean.

And is it just me, or did it seem like the flow of combat during the fight was slowed down specifically as if to say 'this is how you bait counters'?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Holy shit this level is ten kinds of stupid. Tigers.... why did it have to be tigers? Man, the cannon is so over the top its ridiculous. I can't hate on it for that aspect alone, but still...

Characters, they pretty much nailed. Moves, same... can't complain there. Zack must love street fighter, before he had a shoryuken now he has a blanka ball.

But fuck.... WHY TIGERS?! HAVE THEY LEARNED NOTHING!?!? Moving dangerzones are only the second most common complaint the game has.

Terryxlr

I love this stage. For the tigers, the lines of light on the ground start shining when a tiger is coming, and it seems like the circus guy also makes an audio cue before hand.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
More pumped for Zack than Lei Fang to be honest. He looks awesome. Reminds me of Tiger from Tekken in that outfit.

Speaking of tigers, I hope they aren't as stupid as they look in this trailer. I don't really want to see a repeat of the cheetahs.

Raansu

I'm having flashbacks of the cheetah...It looks as though he only goes back and forth where that line on the ground is though...Still moving dangerzones...no thanks. The cannon at the end made me laugh but overall the entire stage is pretty dumb.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Hmm... I dunno whether I should like the trailer because of Leifang, Zack, and the human cannon dangerzone, or whether I should dislike it because of the moving tigers or whatever else I'm missing that I should dislike it for.

Raansu

Seems like the tiger is on an audio cue. You can hear someone in the background commanding the tiger everytime he pops out.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD