DOA5: The Show: Lei Fang vs. Zack trailer

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Hmm... I dunno whether I should like the trailer because of Leifang, Zack, and the human cannon dangerzone, or whether I should dislike it because of the moving tigers or whatever else I'm missing that I should dislike it for.

I don't know whether I should like this post because of the implied intimidation you feel from some of our opinions, or whether I should dislike it because you won't just outright say what you feel already.

Look, I can't share ideas or debate with anyone who automatically agrees with me just to be socially accepted and then resents me every time he does it. I can't get all fangirly and squee with you over cool shit either when there's that obvious resentment. So just say what you feel and roll with it. If I come out and oppose you, feel free to debate my ass. Or just blow me off and say a particular aspect doesn't bother you and leave it at that. Whatever, but don't give me that "I'm going to agree with you because I hate talking to you" vibe.

Besides that.... the trailer has shit I like and dislike. Mostly like. Tigers.... dislike. A human is allowed to have separate feelings on separate issues. Street Fighter references all over the place though. I love that.

Einzelkind

The lights on the floor also show its path, so you just need to stay out of that line. I actually like it this way, because it makes you move around more, but it doesn't seem as random as the cheetah. I also just noticed that there are definitely two different areas, so they need to be connected somehow.

PhoenixVFIRE

Gotta say one thing I always find a bit funny and off putting is how the background people and animals, never even look a quarter as good as the actual characters themselves. The idea of this stage is cool and I respect that, but it is a tad over the top.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The lights on the floor also show its path, so you just need to stay out of that line. I actually like it this way, because it makes you move around more, but it doesn't seem as random as the cheetah. I also just noticed that there are definitely two different areas, so they need to be connected somehow.
The Famitsu article stated the top tier is the clowns and the bottom tier is the tigers.

ErickBello

Actually and awkwardly, this is one of most complex stage in DOA, in my opinion.
Btw, like rikuto said, I don't like the tigers, but... if they follow a Path then you can scape from them. TN learns from their mistakes, somewhat.
P.D. : ME GUSTA.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
That's as serious as I get. I have mixed feelings about this trailer.

I thought TN wasn't gonna bring back the moving dangerzones, especially when they knew a lot of people didn't like the goings-on like at the Experimental Playground from DOA4 in particular. It was fine with the whole tigers popping out when you hit the ring of fire, but I think they should've left it at that. Personally I hope they reconsider and fix that. Even so, I'll at least play the stage for fun.

Now that you know, you (and whoever else was suspicious about my post) can just relax.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Actually and awkwardly, this is one of most complex stage in DOA, in my opinion.
Btw, like rikuto said, I don't like the tigers, but... if they follow a Path then you can scape from them. TN learns from their mistakes, somewhat.
P.D. : ME GUSTA.

Sadly the tiger is goddamn huge.

But we'll see.

PhoenixVFIRE

I'm really digging LeiFang and Zack's new looks as well :) Her boobs almost went DOAX crazy at the end lol
Sadly the tiger is goddamn huge.

But we'll see.
Yeah I was wondering why they were bigger than ligers. It was odd...but it's a circus, sooo maybe they are freakish tigers.

synce

That was pretty lame... Another minute long video and there was probably less than 5 new moves total. They barely even changed Zack up, I was really hoping they'd expand his boxing style.

I'm mostly impressed with how Chinese they made Leifang's face look. Bayaman looked typically Russian too, they got some good modelers.

I don't know what the tiger's doing in the game, I could've sworn they told Famitsu no random danger zones. Maybe it's less random than it seems

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The only thing I liked was the lack of being sucked into the moving danger zone. At one point there is a hit delivered that knocks them perfectly parallel to the tiger and they aren't hit DoA4-style.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
tigerjackson.jpg

I missed this character.

Hurricane Rev

Wow, Just WOW!!! That has got to be the best DOA5 trailer that I have seen so far. Lei Fang and Zack both look Awesome and the Stage looks amazing!!! (Guys, don't judge a stage by it looks) And the best thing of all? I THINK we will see another character reveal this weekend.

Allan Paris

(Guys, don't judge a stage by it looks)

It's a moving tiger the size of a special ed bus. Whether he's announced or not before he comes out, he's still coming on the screen, big as fuck. Though I am sure he can be turned off but that's not the point.

What do you guys make of Zack's PB...is that still a mid?

It looks like it. Actually it is, it looks like they gave him a move that looks like his 8P from DOA4, I believe that's move.

x Sypher x

I like the trailer. Granted, it is a little bit over the top but it's also well done IMO. Both Lei-Fang and Zack look great, they replicated the life and environment of a circus pretty well, and of course we saw a few new moves. The only thing I see wrong are the tigers, but at least they're not completely random. Yes, it is completely understandable why no one would want to fight in this stage. But I think it's just meant for a little comic relief. Especially the cannon part. I mean that just opens the door for some trolling and trash talking right there. Just think about how funny/humiliating it would be to get caught in that lol. Like I said, it's probably just meant to be a fun stage. The competitive players may not like it, but perhaps the casuals will.

Tenren

It is a lil over the top but I deff like it. The tiger did run right by then in the first round and didnt hit so maybe it has a small it back. Also there are 2 tigers.

What I take from this video is Zacks mix up look great! As well as a taunt that looks safe. Also it looks like his sway step @ 0"56 has more evasion then the side sidestep does

Megawarrior

Any info/changes about lei fang? I can hardly see the video on the phone.

Also, I like how varied the stages have been so far.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD