DOA5 ver 1.03a Bugs,Glitches, and Tweaks.

Gill Hustle

Alright so it's great that the Xbox 360 has finally been updated and I know we don't wanna go through this again, however it is apparent that the game STILL has problems. Therefore I suggest we use this thread to hopefully pinpoint glaring issues.

1. For one I just found out that Tina and Bass cannot PB SS cancel to :H+P:. Whaaaat?!
2. I'd like it if your rank and win/loss ratio were shown AFTER accepting a challenge.
3. I'd like a rewind option in the Replays.

I'm sure others have stuff they want to add so lets get too it.

BTW can someone pin this topic?

synce

Not sure if it's a glitch or what but sometimes there's no music playing on Zack Island. And the rank accept system is definitely dumb. Hope they get rid of it and just keep the connection filter

shunwong

synce said:
Not sure if it's a glitch or what but sometimes there's no music playing on Zack Island. And the rank accept system is definitely dumb. Hope they get rid of it and just keep the connection filter

I have been rejected several times and I barely have an over 50% win rate. Its ridiculous. They have to show connection, nothing else.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Looks like my horrific win % from trying to learn Akira will pay off now. I'd say only within the past month have I finally been winning over 50% of my battles. The past week I've been around 90%. I'm itching to start playing on the new patch. Stupid work.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I haven't gotten music on Zack Island once :'(

In other news, the lag situation seems unchanged. Maybe those four maps that were mentioned are better, but the general netcode hasn't improved.

Dave

I get no music sometimes in places other than Zack Island. Just tried to play a match with you Lazers, and it disconnected me saying it needed to update my Gamerprofile. IDK what that was about.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It probably would be best if you guys state if you had this occur on 360 or PS3 so someone on the other system might be able to comment if it happens on both or only one.

synce

Music issue is on 360, never had it on PS3 but I only played offline

Anyone been able to figure out the new rank point system? It seems like every rank is like S now. You gain very little unless you beat a higher rank, and you lose a lot no matter what.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Music issue is on 360, never had it on PS3 but I only played offline

Anyone been able to figure out the new rank point system? It seems like every rank is like S now. You gain very little unless you beat a higher rank, and you lose a lot no matter what.
As an S rank, in the old patch it was (Win/Loss):
S vs. S+ (+250/-225)
S vs. S (+150/-450)
S vs. S- (+75/-225)
S vs. < A+ (+37/-115)

What are the numbers now?

Omegan Eckhart

Replay uploading doesn't seem to work on the 360. It gets to 100% when uploading then craps out.
In other news, the lag situation seems unchanged. Maybe those four maps that were mentioned are better, but the general netcode hasn't improved.
The connection seemed fine when we played, although we only played one match.

Ghosty-J

The new Ranked system is freaking brutal. The other day I fought an E- that practically had the skill of an S Rank (an Ayane no less). I lost the match and thought "Okay, I'll lose about 75 or 100 points. Not too bad." Then I notice that I lost a whopping 800 POINTS!!! I instantly had a 5-second spit take right there at the ridiculous amount of points lost. And just losing a fight to a C+ Christie immediately axed off 200 additional points of my overall GP D:

Now I'm only content with fighting from a range of C- to S+ since now the new system discourages fighting players of every rank without risking your GP. And at the rate I'm getting matches that my connection can possibly allow, becoming a Neutral S is nothing more than a pipe dream ;_;

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Has anyone gotten Zack Island with random stage selection? I played many games today and didn't get it once... maybe I'm just paranoid.

Ghosty-J

Has anyone gotten Zack Island with random stage selection? I played many games today and didn't get it once... maybe I'm just paranoid.

Did you get the stage from the Marketplace? I had to go to the PSN Store and download it to actually select it.

And this is why you shouldn't care about rank matches.
Lesson learned since last week. I've been hanging around the lobbies and Simple Match Throwdowns instead :cool:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD