DOA5LR Tina Discussion

Doa_Eater

People let me get away with that ground throw so much. So much so it's the biggest nerf for me personally. The fact I can throw people off with the grab on Lost hills is great. I'd still rather take being able to do the ground grab on most though. I started using it because of you. I seen one of your matches, but yeah I hope she's not negative after it.

I'm ok with it, but if she really gets a lot of disadvantage i will seriously take it as a direct sign from TN telling me to tone it down.

Koompbala

Hey Mike are you coming back to Tina yet?
I'm ok with it, but if she really gets a lot of disadvantage i will seriously take it as a direct sign from TN telling me to tone it down.
Same here hell if I can stick with her. After her huge vanilla nerf. Then I'm ready for any nerfs coming our way. She probably still has her other opportunities so I'm fine.

Doa_Eater

Oh i will never let go of Tina and main her forever even with major nerfs and low tier status, as if i dont play a character i like by design and appeal i cant play him/her at all. Not to mention Tina and Lisa for me hold a bigger crush then my other most favorites Chun and Cammy.

PacManila

Was hoping that her 4K gave her a better stun on CH or something. Guess the stun change isn't too big of a deal since it's meant for getting a CH stun anyway.

If anything, the change of her 4T makes me wanna use 44T>T more often in certain situations. They have the same startup, but her 44T>T gives her more damage.

Koompbala

I still want my BT air throw. I was hoping for new moves like Marie and Femgu got.
Was hoping that her 4K gave her a better stun on CH or something. Guess the stun change isn't too big of a deal since it's meant for getting a CH stun anyway.

If anything, the change of her 4T makes me wanna use 44T>T more often in certain situations. They have the same startup, but her 44T>T gives her more damage.

Yeah that's a good point still I don't know. Much easier to punish with 4T. I think I might end up using it the same amount I do now though.

Jian

Honestly the 4T "nerf" may be a blessing to me as I always went for 2T post 4T and good players don't fall for that stuff haha.

As long as we still have advantage after 4T I'm sure we can work with it.

So for 4K, as I understand it, it has one more frame of recovery now?

Koompbala

No you have less stun to work with on NH. So you gotta do one of her BT attacks right away to continue the stun. You can't sit there and hit confirm a stun.

PacManila

Seeing the balance changes on some of the characters involving positions after certain moves, I wish that 8P would leave Tina in a state where you can do (3)P sooner or right away. Her position (wanna say recovery also) after 8P sit-down makes it so that you can't go into crouch right way to perform her (3)P in time before the opponent SE's the stun. Would have been a nice guarantee to have if they wanted to leave the stun value on 8P as is.

Koompbala

That makes too much sense and they wouldn't give us something like that. Although looking at more of the changes. Some characters got hit really hard. What happened with Tina is not bad at all.

PacManila

It isn't bad, but I found it weird that you couldn't do (3)P quick enough after 8P sit-down. Just wish there was some other utility for 8P other than hoping they don't SE fast enough. The guarantees after it (6P, 2P, 4K) are either dependent on how far you are (6P can whiff) or their stuns aren't deep enough (all options XD).

Koompbala

My physical copy is coming in the mail. I think Tina is included in Core Fighters though. So I'll download that on PS4 and play that until then. This is good to know though. I really wanted to know those two things. I'm okay with these nerfs. Her buffs cancel out these nerfs the way I see it.

Doa_Eater

The close hit on ikuzo butt attack is really dumb since you have to start the input face to face with opponent for a range attack with lot of start up. Everything else is damage increase and the frame data is the same as far as i'm checking.

New sound on 66T yay!

RubinRoon

I have to wait 3 more days -.- what i really want to know is; is there anything guaranteed after the new 4T if the opponent doesnt tech right away? Im so sad they didn`t give her her old combo potential back, like 66k sds on crouching opponents. Oh well, we shall see how lr Tina works.

Koompbala

A 2T was never guaranteed after her 4T. Now that the opponent can quickly recover afterwards. I don't know how anything she does would be guaranteed.

RubinRoon

yeah I know. I was hoping for something like her 236P which gives you a 2T if not teched, but you are right it`s probably just a complete nerf. But if it is really 0 when teched i guess it is not too bad.

Koompbala

Hey I'm just glad what happened to Bass didn't happen to Tina. I hear you though technically not a guarantee. If it's a what if situation. Also remember the game just says it's 0 but it could be more or less. 7K on hit with opponent set to recover says it's +9. Tell me why FC 3P whiffs if it's +9 and I'm doing a 12i move? It's clearly more advantage on hit.

PacManila

Her 4T lets you throw people over cliffs now, which is pretty helpful.

I've never tried it, but I assume the (3)P whiff could be a range issue. I prefer having 7K land on block for advantage. The stun on it seems only useful in tag :/.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD