DOA5LR Tina Discussion

Koompbala

Yeah I don't know the game calculating the ground data. Is a bit wonky. I'm gonna hit the lab once my copy gets in the mail. It shipped from Tracy, so I will be getting it tomorrow maybe even today. I'm gonna start on my breakdown right away though.

PacManila

Master did a stream about ground game data. If you want to know the number of frames they're on the ground for, record the dummy to do nothing. Leaving the settings as is makes them actually tech at the fastest possible moment without it being a quick tech.

Doa_Eater

KP now does that wierd bounce back from Raw Power, blows in ring situations only, in some rare instances. I dont know how to set it up in training.

RubinRoon

So what do you think about this little "vortex" idea;

you launch with 9k > 6pp6k > 3p > 2t

works up to gen fu, if they dont tech you get the ground throw, if they tech you get a low throw whiff and are at advantage ( i was able to trade 3p with kasumis 6p once)
the heavies still need the old 6ppp > 2t

up to midweight you can even stun > launch and get this, if im not mistaken.

PacManila

works up to gen fu, if they dont tech you get the ground throw, if they tech you get a low throw whiff and are at advantage ( i was able to trade 3p with kasumis 6p once)

I was looking into that setup as well. May need to be careful of the launch height because there were instances where I got whiffed ground throw instead of low throw. So it's probably best, depending on weight class, to do the setup when they're not too far into the stun threshold

Doa_Eater

If u like okizeme vortexes i suggest 6pp2k as juggle ender as it has the 3p buffered already and it works better now, however respect opponents who tech as you are -5 after it

(all max height launcher) lightweights 9k> 6pp6k> 6pp2k

midweight 9k>9pk> 6pp2k

Koompbala

For Helena and below, I haven't fully tested this, but 6PP6K PPK 2T is the best option. PPK in open space works great off a HC 9K it does 98 dmg while ending with GS does 108 and 4T does 100. So PPK is a nice option. Especially when it can possibly go up to 118 if the opponent doesn't tech. I at first disliked Tinas blowback which she severely lacks. This is a good thing cause now she got a vortex. In open space and closed space against majority of the cast. I was doing 9PPP for higher launches. I can't believe it took me this long. To realize in open space PPK is good. Now I hardly ever use 9PPP.

Last edited:

PacManila

For Helena and below, I haven't fully tested this, but 6PP6K PPK 2T is the best option. PPK in open space works great off a HC 9K it does 98 dmg while ending with GS does 108 and 4T does 100. So PPK is a nice option. Especially when it can possibly go up to 118 if the opponent doesn't tech. I at first disliked Tinas blowback which she severely lacks. This is a good thing cause now she got a vortex. In open space and closed space against majority of the cast. I was doing 9PPP for higher launches. I can't believe it took me this long. To realize in open space PPK is good. Now I hardly ever use 9PPP.

I'll mess around with it and see what I get. I haven't been on DOA much since DBZ Xenoverse came out XP.

The 9PPP combo reminded me of a PL combo I'd mess with in training. If I remember correctly, this would essentially be her most damaging PL combo as long as they don't tech:

PL>9K>9K>6PPP>GT

It's basically her little whiff throw vortex in PL form. If they tech, GT will whiff, but you'll be at a slight advantage (I wanna say neutral but not sure). If they stay down, then you get a lot of damage (127dmg on CH compared to her PL>9K>9PK>GS which does 122)

Also, if you want to use the 3P variation of the vortex Rubin mentioned on higher launches, delay the 3P so that you hit the opponent when they're a little lower to the ground. This will help avoid giving you the whiffed GT animation, which would put you at a disadvantage.

Last edited:

Lulu

How do you perform the wake up Tackle for Tina...... and Mila ?
I'd look for it myself but... well...
I'm lazy.

Lulu

Hey is it just me or does AI Tina seem to get Guaranteed Ground Throws off some of her specific attacks like :1::K:.

And one of her Holds and Throws..... for some reason she ground throws me even when mashing furiously for a fast wake up and theres nothing I can do about it.

PacManila

The AI is capable of a lot of things that can't actually be replicated by human players (ex. wake-up kicks at wall sit-downs). :1::K: however can give you a free ground throw if the opponent doesn't tech after the hit on CH or in stun.

Regarding some of the posts on her vortexes here, you can use 6PP6K>1P>2T on launches at threshold (tested on lightweights) and after a critical burst (tested on lightweights to gen fu weight). Works the same way as the string Rubin stated involving 3P. No tech gives you a ground throw and tech leaves you at a pretty good advantage after the low throw whiff. Using the 3P variation at higher launches can sometimes lead to a whiffed ground throw instead of a whiffed low throw.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
What's the average advantage you get from her 6ppp vortex? I'm trying to adopt this character but I just don't see her as capable as Bass. She needs more height and has to sacrifice more damage to get good frame advantage our of her vortex.

PacManila

What's the average advantage you get from her 6ppp vortex? I'm trying to adopt this character but I just don't see her as capable as Bass. She needs more height and has to sacrifice more damage to get good frame advantage our of her vortex.

According to this video, you can get up to +2 (Sly Bass also confirmed this):

I wanna say at worst, you'll be neutral. The good thing about the setup is that you can use it after any launch. Not all launches will give you the height for 6PP6K>air T (especially from her 33K launcher early in stun). Using 6PPP>ground T will usually net you near or a little over 100 dmg after a CH to launch. So you'll at least get some sort of favorable situation post-combo.

Her 6PP6K> (3P or 1P)> whiffed low T does give you better advantage. You get about the same damage as a 6PP6K>air T combo if they don't tech. I tested this on Christie in lab and was able to beat out her 6P with Tina's 3K.

Lulu

Tina Strikes are slightly faster than all the other Grapplers (except Lisa) and her specialty seems to be High Crushes...... beyond that.... I don't think she has an edge over someone like Bass.

I dropped Tina because her environmental mental game isn't as good as Mila's or Hayabusa. And her Juggles don't have much Knockback distance unless you use Giant Swing.

But she was my first main.... I'l always treasure her. :oops:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
That's pretty decent but what if they tech away? Keep in mind that once they see that setup a few times they'll tech away in open space. I noticed that Tina's mid range pokes aren't ideal enough, which is why I stuck with Bass seeing as he has good quick mid range pokes.

PacManila

That's pretty decent but what if they tech away? Keep in mind that once they see that setup a few times they'll tech away in open space. I noticed that Tina's mid range pokes aren't ideal enough, which is why I stuck with Bass seeing as he has good quick mid range pokes.

Basically where the mind games come in, but they're not too far for her to reach them. From the 3P/1P vortex ender, 3K has decent range and the forward movement of 9P can even hit people side-stepping. Her 66T OH has some pretty good range as well. From her 6PPP vortex, the opponent can't tech away too far from her since her last P in 6PPP moves her forward enough to stay close. From there you can mix them up with your strikes and throws such as her 66T and 41236T.

Another thing to note, the 6PPP juggle gives you the alternative option for an unholdable setup using 8K. If you see them teching a lot from the juggle to avoid the ground throw, use the 8K unholdable for a nice +7 on block (or knockdown on hit).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD