DOA5LR: Tweets, Speculations, Rumors, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

Awesome trailer, I love it!

I just noticed, that Marie Rose's gravure is missing in the English version of the trailer. There, this feature isn't even promoted at all at the end, just the preorder costumes. XD
Japan...

05d.jpg

Btw the official reason is because the gravure of Marie Rose is one of the bonus of the first prints of DOA5LR in Japan, to the Western players were offered only the pre-order costumes.

Ah, nice to see Raidou make a return. Having never play with him in DOA1 and DOAD (never owned Dimensions), his fighting style is what I would expect from a boss like him: powerful, but slow.

You never played him? But from your requests of Raidou I believed that you was fond of the character from your past experience.

View attachment 8012
Raidou Costume 2. I'm using this more.

The C2 of Raidou is even more clear of what I was thinking, even white! By the way I really like the contrast (and it's just another light effect or even his skin seems to be of a different colour in his C2?). About the golden light in the cyborg implants instead than grey, as I thought different outfits will see diferent colorizations of this part of his appearence (this time my prediction was right XD).

And is it just me, or is he a power grappler? I'm actually interested now. I was expecting just another speedy ninja. I LOVE power characters.

Raidou is never been fast and in his moveset the throws have always got a big focus. As other people already said, he is the classic "slow but powerful" kind of character.

Looks like Phase 4 can teleport after 66K is blocked now. I believe the teleport only works after a hit.

Also, nice eye about Phase-4 change of property, I hope that this will not be the only move allowing her to teleport even after a block =)

Last edited:

SilverForte

Looks like he retained majority if not all his moves from DOAD.

His tier 2 OH seems either slower or just made into a throw, but like pretty much all of his throws and OHs, it probably does high damage.

Er, yeah, in doad it was a 30f OH that had two possible extentions from the first hit that did 50 on NH , a 20 damage T, or a 50 damage HCF T. On Hi Counter this thing did like 150 damage. More with walls.

werewolfgold

It's extra speculation time!!!

So, listen to Raidou's theme, especially from 24 seconds onward...

Now, listen to Marie Rose's theme...

I swear that is the exact same rhythmic part on the guitar. It's like Under Pressure and Ice Ice Baby style. lol

Clearly this means that Marie Rose is Raidou's other illegitimate daughter...

Shiranui

TECMO posted some rounds of Raidou against Ayane, Ryu and Hayate and western Reveal Trailer of Raidou in facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/tecmoeurope?fref=nf

Curious to see that in western trailer they show pre-order DLC outfits instead of Marie Rose beach movie. By the way, we now can see Ninja2015 outfits in full body and "New Challengers" swimsuits pack for Nyotengu, Phase, MarieRose and new girl.

Last edited:

Kronin

TECMO posted some rounds of Raidou against Ayane, Ryu and Hayate and western Reveal Trailer of Raidou in facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/tecmoeurope?fref=nf

Nice to see finally an official source for the English trialer ;)

Curious to see that in western trailer they show pre-order DLC outfits instead of not Marie Rose beach movie.

This is beacue the additional 4 gravure movies and 4 extra swimsuits for the new girls will be an exclusive of the first print copies of DoA5LR in Japan, so something not available to the Western copies of the game. By the way just for this reason I believe that they will be availabe since the release on our marketplace, exactly as already happened for the Ultimate swimsuits (originally released in Japan as an exclusive of the CE, and so on their markets just after three months contrarily to us that got them at the moment of the game release).

Splendidsafe

I think Raidou's Underworld Drop-esque throw does like 45% on Hi-CH. He looks really solid, but very slow. Gotta see the frames. He puts Leon at #2 for the manliest DOA fighter lol. Those moves and throws of his really get in your opponent's ass.

P.S. Ryu needs his projectile back now. I wanna get hate mail for "cheating with projectiles".

HHH816

Team NINJA discloses new information regarding the return of the iconic Dead or Alive character – Raidou in DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round. Presumed dead after being defeated in the original DOA Tournament, Raidou was partially reconstructed with cybernetics and now returns as a half-mechanized killing machine. Having lost his memory as a side effect of his cybernetic upgrades, all that remains is his unquenchable thirst for power, and his willingness to use whatever brutal methods it takes to achieve glory.

Hailing from the same ninja clan as Kasumi and Hayate, Raidou was exiled from his own village when his brutal thirst for power went too far, only deepening his hatred of the clan. His fighting style is Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu at its core, and he even possesses the ability to recognize and imitate the moves of opponents he has encountered, while keeping original techniques up his sleeve. In new next-gen screenshots released today, Raidou squares off against the two deadly ninjas Hayabusa and Hayate in the electrifying Danger Zone stage. Additionally, characters Kasumi, Phase 4, Tina, Mila and Alpha-152 show off never before seen costumes and customizable hairstyles that will only be found in DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round.

something interesting taken from http://koeitecmoeurope.tumblr.com/, that explain the Zack's :6::h:

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
2 things I noticed in that video. Iron Tager's voice actor and secondly it seems like they brought back the ability to hit someone on the ground who didn't tech up immediately.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I'm sorry, but they need to fire that musical team they have now! DOA5s music is so horrible and this theme too!
Even the DOA1 version sounds much better !

How the hell is that better than the new theme? What are you smoking?

As much as I love the DOA1 theme, I feel it served its purpose at the time it was made and feels a bit old and outdated. I'm sorry, but that remake is awesome and full of hype!

On a side note ...
I heard Chosen1 is doing another theme for the game specifically for Last Round........

Just saying... (waits for more lyrics about Pinocchio) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD