DOA5LR: Tweets, Speculations, Rumors, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KING JAIMY

It's extra speculation time!!!

So, listen to Raidou's theme, especially from 24 seconds onward...

Now, listen to Marie Rose's theme...

I swear that is the exact same rhythmic part on the guitar. It's like Under Pressure and Ice Ice Baby style. lol

Clearly this means that Marie Rose is Raidou's other illegitimate daughter...
Plus, Raidou is probably going to be to the left of Marie Rose in the character select roster, underneath Nyotengu. Characters close to each other in the roster almost always have some sort of connection together. I wonder how far these speculations will go! :eek:

Skilletor

I like the old theme better.

Sad he hasn't shaken the "Dural" character he started as. Hopefully the new female is good.

Number 13

New theme sounds too generic old one was a bit better. Yeah his movelist is still mimic so my interest in him still very low. Surprised they kept the projectile attack, but then again Nyotengu and Zack has a pseudo projectile already. Pretty much also moots the Genra complaints.

Blazeincarnated

How the hell is that better than the new theme? What are you smoking?

As much as I love the DOA1 theme, I feel it served its purpose at the time it was made and feels a bit old and outdated. I'm sorry, but that remake is awesome and full of hype!
I agree. This has the same feel but more updated. It's type of music we really need! It gives you that rush of adrenaline.

Kronin

Plus, Raidou is probably going to be to the left of Marie Rose in the character select roster, underneath Nyotengu. Characters close to each other in the roster almost always have some sort of connection together. I wonder how far these speculations will go! :eek:

However this is true because, according to the roster screen of LR seen so far, Raidou will be very likely placed under Alpha-152 and Nyotengu. With the latter being respectively the boss of DoA4 and the character inehriting the moveset of the DoA2 boss, people were supposing that even the unknown character placed below would have shared with them an affinity with the bosses of the series (as indeed Raidou do).

Both of his themes are good. He's still a pimp either way. Have a nice day.

^ This.

PS: I had already noticed it in a screenshot, but the videos confirmed us how Raidou is not always keeping "on" his red right eye. So it's possible that the taunt from DoA1 is returned, I suppose again activating and deactivating his eye in a similar way to the lights of Zack on his alien suits.

Last edited:

SilverForte

If the projectile has the same properties as his doad one it will be useless. Unless they update it to being + on block I seriously doubt it'll be any good.

One thing that has me concerned is his 6 P+K. I notice it's his CB now, but in doad it was a +5 or 6 GB, I really hope it has remained that way. And that he still has hitomis +3 236k.

Hayabusiness

That was really good, he looks incredible, and fun to play. I am pleased!
I feel like I was right about the motion thing too! Brutal fighters always seem to get me, somehow. The only letdown is his theme, I don't think it's as good as the old one, but I still like it so this is really minor.
Now I hope the new girl brings more variety to the cast like Raidou does.

And I like Ryu's new costume more, now that I see it better. I still hope for the mask to be removable though, especially because it looks.. sexy... :oops:

Chapstick

The black lightning effects on certain moves are pretty neat.

tumblr_nfbg31yc9v1rje51ao4_r1_250.gif

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
1) She has a background in the whole robotics world (Yaiba). Would make a lot of sense if she were in fact the scientist behind the Cyborg-Zombification of Raidou.

2) Shes messed up and has one hell of a foul mouth and an attitude you don't see in any other cast member (Christie doesn't even come close). So personality wise she would be new and fresh as well.

3) She wasnt actually modeled in Yaiba in any scene in fact. She was basically just still images at cut scenes. (that's if you don't count the hologram of her raping Yaiba's dead corpse near the end of the game.. but it was stationary and if I remeber lacked any detail.. kinda like how everyones shadow in DOA5 is bald and naked.. lol). So, she fits under the, never been done before, new character category.

those 3 reasons are enough for me to personally want her in the game.

Emperor cow, by no means of offense, throwing her in DOA without any sublime essence is just weird. I mean sure, you can give her a fighting style out of nowhere for who knows why..but her role in what she did in the actual story pales in comparison to Yaiba. I don't even want Yaiba in but I find him more reasonable to be added than a sub character. Without Miss Monday reviving Yaiba there wouldn't be a plot to begin with..but who actually did the work? The man even had the guts to challenge Ryu Hayabusa. Also it would not make sense for her in general to create Cyborg Raidou since his bio now states that Victor Donovan brought him back from what's left of him...unless you mean't she was one of the scientists working for him..but that's completely beside the point since she's from a spin-off title and not actually part of that universe.

1) Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z is a spin-off that's completely separate from the NG/DOA world by Keiji Inafune, not even canon basically.. Throwing her as a guest character seems to be the only logical solution without an actual story plot. If she joins in, that's cool..but it would be confusing at the same time if you want to add her as part of the DOA story line.

That's like saying I pick Alfred from Batman without Batman himself. Of course, it's who you choose personally so it's cool to be a trooper about it. Not against her going into the roster but I do question as to why..you did state it so that's fine..but judging between the two, Yaiba is a legitimate asshole and foul as well. He got more credit from what it's worth but even he doesn't belong to an actual DOA plot either.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Emperor cow, by no means of offense, throwing her in DOA without any sublime essence is just weird. I mean sure, you can give her a fighting style out of nowhere for who knows why..but her role in what she did in the actual story pales in comparison to Yaiba. I don't even want Yaiba in but I find him more reasonable to be added than a sub character. Without Miss Monday reviving Yaiba there wouldn't be a plot to begin with..but who actually did the work? The man even had the guts to challenge Ryu Hayabusa. Also it would not make sense for her in general to create Cyborg Raidou since his bio now states that Victor Donovan brought him back from what's left of him...unless you mean't she was one of the scientists working for him..but that's completely beside the point since she's from a spin-off title and not actually part of that universe.

1) Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z is a spin-off that's completely separate from the NG/DOA world by Keiji Inafune, not even canon basically.. Throwing her as a guest character seems to be the only logical solution without an actual story plot. If she joins in, that's cool..but it would be confusing at the same time if you want to add her as part of the DOA story line.

That's like saying I pick Alfred from Batman without Batman himself. Of course, it's who you choose personally so it's cool to be a trooper about it. Not against her going into the roster but I do question as to why..you did state it so that's fine..but judging between the two, Yaiba is a legitimate asshole and foul as well. He got more credit from what it's worth.

Well the characters (both Yaiba and Monday) are pretty much both TN's property. So, they can do whatever the hell they want with them.

Also, according to canon Raidou was supposed to be dead... yet .. here he busting heads like a BOSS.

You're arguing over the story of a fighting game dude...
if Capcom got away with bringing back Gouken .. then honestly anything is possible.

What's to say Miss Monday wasn't part of DOATEC or whatever at some point and time during the resurrection of Raidou? what if his resurrection was the ground work that lead to a more successful resurrection with Yaiba? If that's what they wanna do then they sure as hell can. simply making both universes collide in their own way.
They've already manage to merge 90% of the NG series into the game... I don't see how this isn't as plausible.

Monday is unlikely to be the next character... but, I'm pretty sure they're most likely gonna have DLC characters along the way...so I'm just calling it ... way in advance.. just like I called Robo-Raidou. lol (plus I think shes awesome)

Somehow Having Miss Monday just seems to make a lot of sense to me.

As for fighting style, they can shove whatever style on her. That's one of the merits of having a brand new character. They've done well so far with Mila, Momiji, Rig and Marie Rose. Lets just wait and see how things play out... especially with this never before seen new female with giant tits .. >__>

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Ms.Monday has a really nice design and a cool, laid back personality, I hope we do see more of her one day.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Seriously though did anyone even play yaiba? I heard it sold terribly, and it was the first NG game I never finished. It's probably in Tecmo's interest to just sweep all that stuff under the rug

Yep, this point is somehow mostly forgotten, when arguing against Yaiba or Miss Monday in DOA. The Game was a flop! No one would want to drag another series down by characters of a flop game, when they have other options. If the flop game was actually a good one, that's another thing... But the consensus is, that Yaiba is at the very best just a mediocre game.

That said, I personally would have nothing against Miss Monday in DOA, just because she's a hottie. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD