DOA5U: Arcade discussion thread

David Gregg

So based on what I'm seeing (which isn't much) does every character only have their C1 and C2? If so that's surprising they normally have at least 4 (I understand why Marie only has 2 but everyone has more than enough).

Blazeincarnated

Thanks for the video!
Is it me or there are no (important) graphics improvement?
I really thought that Team Ninja would use the arcade CPU to get better graphics and be close to DOA2U stages' graphics (at least!).
I mean, from DOA3, fighters used to reflect themselves in shiny ground. Here, in the tiger stage, the ground is shiny but reflect everything except fighters. Weird. I know it just a detail, but it is this kind of thing that makes the difference for graphics' quality.
So... Does it demanding to much graphics ressources, or is TN lazy/doesn't care about it?
Why do you care that much about graphics? It's just graphics. It doesn't make a game.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Why do you care that much about graphics? It's just graphics. It doesn't make a game.
Indeed, it's only part of the appeal. Even so, Team Ninja is renowned for such things, though it seems their focus was more on the character models this time around, as opposed to the stages.

As far as I can guess, the improvements are probably minor (maybe better anti-aliasing on stages), but I can almost guarantee it runs much faster than it would on current-gen consoles as far as load times go. It's the Sega RingEdge 2 arcade board, after all. It's potential specs have barely been scratched the surface on.

Blazeincarnated

^ Exactly. We'll probably see a DOA6 being on Arcade with better graphics. If anything they might do Arcade first for DOA6, then console release. I can guarantee you that @legibifou

Last edited:

legibifou

^ Exactly. We'll probably see a DOA6 being on Arcade with better graphics. If anything they might do Arcade first for DOA6, then console release. I can guarantee you that @legibifou

Well, good question. lol. I don't know. In fact, I felt in love with DOA games many years ago thanks to their wonderful graphics and crazy stages... and DOA5 and DOA5U were really disappointing for me about it. (no troll here! They are huge games, I love them SO much, and TN made a great work on characters and gameplay).
Guess I just hoped we could have some kind of perfect DOA5 game with this arcade edition. But you guys are right, I'm going to keep my hopes for DOA6 ;-)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
But once again can that upgrade be translated to current gen? Thats the real question.

It can't be translated with just a patch. With a whole new game version maybe. But the hardware power of PS3 and Xbox360 has it's limits. There's a reason, why textures are right now shitty, antialiasing and Gaussian blur is only present during victory poses.

Zeo

Now I'm interested in seeing what the balance changes are if there are any at all. Doubtful the arcade version is just a port of the console versions + a new character and stage.

xFatalDMG

Man, unfortunately I couldnt make it out to the event. I was supposed to head out today, but I've to teach private lessons.

Perhaps I'll just wait until the arcade drops to finally get a true feel for it. Mochi is right though, due to arcade hardware being very similar to a PC infrastructure, so input, graphics and all that jazz would be bumped up for consistent gameplay.

Oh by the way, I know I already made a thread for this, but if you do want to catch some Japanese DOA action, tune into my stream today! I'll be streaming around 8-9PM JST until I fall asleep lol.

twitch.tv/fataldmg

d3v

Anyone know how much life the characters had in the location test. Watching the footage, I've seen Marie Rose do about 40-45% off a counter-hit into full critical 11 hit juggle.
But once again can that upgrade be translated to current gen? Thats the real question.
All that matters is that the balance changes, Marie Rose and regular Lorelei be added to the existing console versions via DLC first. Graphical updates are secondary.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD