DOA5U: Arcade discussion thread

RoboJoe

Has there been any info from the loketest? I understand the loli is the hot topic right now, but did find changes for the other characters? What site would have that sort of info? 2ch isn't helping.

Macca Beam

MASTER posted an attachment on DOAW. I don't have an account there though so I can't view it.

Code:
http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4917-update-doa5-ultimate-coming-sept-to-ps3-xbox360-and-arcade/page-378#entry189589

werewolfgold

It's a tweet from someone that went to the location test. They said that the graphics are improved and that the dynamics (whatever that could mean) and response times have been improved.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Who the heck plays legitimate, competitive fighting games on a mobile phone.
Ask Capcom.

Apparently, they believed such a market exists, what with their releasing not only SF4... oh, no. They had to go Tiger Electronics-style gung-ho and throw in other fighters on mobile, such as SF4 Volt, SF2 Collection, SF x Tekken, and even your precious MvC2... yes, that's right, MvC2.

Hell, even SNK and Bamco joined in the madness. But unlike Capcom, it only took one experiment to make them realize this wasn't working.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Ask Capcom.

Apparently, they believed such a market exists, what with their releasing not only SF4... oh, no. They had to go Tiger Electronics-style gung-ho and throw in other fighters on mobile, such as SF4 Volt, SF2 Collection, SF x Tekken, and even your precious MvC2... yes, that's right, MvC2.

Hell, even SNK and Bamco joined in the madness. But unlike Capcom, it only took one experiment to make them realize this wasn't working.

actually SNK recently released KOF97 on android ..
just sayin ..

Rawbietussin

Who the heck plays legitimate, competitive fighting games on a mobile phone.

I know I would. It doesn't necessarily has to be a fighting game but at least it could use some elements from it. Take Tekken Card Tournament for example, Bamco created TCT and it was also a bit of a rock-paper-scissors concept giving you choices to either Focus (drawing strike cards to be used for strikes), Block or Strike. I believe TN could do something like that now.

I'm also going with what Russian said:

Fighting games are still games and people like games on their phones.

Basically, no one has the time to even take out their handhelds anymore unless it's universally accepted to use on public without any inconvenience, especially if life is going through that "shit just got serious and I can't find the time to play a game" phase.

I shit you not that I sometimes have to bring my 3DS (inside my messenger bag and covered by my bath towel) to the bathroom just to play it in peace as if I stole some briefcase filled with a gazillion dollars.

Macca Beam

I checked all the relevant sites except 2chan but found nothing (and 2chan is impossible to navigate anyway; last time the links popped up on their /b/ board or something.)

Next is Kyushu on the 14th. I wouldn't trust anybody outside of Tokyo when it comes to video games, sooo ... not expecting much from this one either.

The official release is around Christmas, I'd keep an eye on that.

RoboJoe

Yeah, I couldn't find anything on Futaba or 2ch so I guess no one in Japan really cares about this game. As for the release date, that's interesting. My guess is that consoles won't have the update before Jan 12th, considering Team Ninja is hosting a tournament that day for 1.03. Just a hunch, though.

Akumasama

Wonder if we'll get the Arcade versions changes/stages/characters as free update for Ultimate, or if Tecmo will re-release the game for PS4/XOne instead.

Kronin

Wonder if we'll get the Arcade versions changes/stages/characters as free update for Ultimate, or if Tecmo will re-release the game for PS4/XOne instead.

It was already confirmed that there will be an update for including Marie Rose in the console version. With the same update, very likely we will get also the changes to the system from the Arcade feedback, Lorelei and maybe an eventual second new stage included in the Arcade edition.

For various reasons, I think that Tecmo and TN should have little interest to release a third remake of the game on a new generation of console. Their next game that we will seen on the next gen will be a completely new one (DoA6, DoA vs VF, DoAX3 or NG4).

Last edited:

xFatalDMG

Hey guys,

I haven't been keeping up much with what has been happening with DOA, since Ultra SF4 is dropping soon. I went to the loc test for that and damn it was hype.

I'm just going to wait until DOA drops in the arcade to get a better observation.

Macca Beam

「DOA5U:Arcade」の稼動開始日が12/24(火)に正式決定しました!「マリー・クリスマス」!!
Code:
https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/413572242610458624
Woot woot

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD