DOA5U listed on Amazon... new info

Xernuht

I think that more VF characters is pushing it. I think some hardcore people would like it, but the general public? I dunno. Right now, it feels okay. We have two complete Tag Teams. Throw in a 5th? I dunno. But, a Momiji x (other NG character) team... Momiji could perhaps use a default partner in someone, and I doubt it'll be Ein or Leon.

Come to think of it, Helena and Lisa don't really have ANYTHING special together, do they? They should fix that...

I'm actually kind of curious if they'll revamp overhaul the select screen any or just tack on the extra characters to the bottom row. 'Cause if we do get more than just the one more, they're gonna run into the buttons (though they could be moved). They have some sort of system going on. I wonder if they can make it work.

The idol outfits kind of make me laugh because of how campy it is. The designs are kind of cool, actually.

As far as Momiji goes, it could be Ryu. Master + Student/Team Izuna and all.
Of course, that gives Kasumi Momiji's problem...

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Here's more info about Japan's CE

Tecmo Koei is releasing a Ultimate version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate in Japan as Kasumi-chan Blue & Momoji Red packages for $245 USD, which includes:

- Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Game
- Ultimate Sexy Costume Download code
- Dead or Alive 5 original soundtrack volume 3
- 12x I’m a Fighter B2 size poster
- Kasumi-chan Blue 3D mousepad
- Kasumi playing cards
- Kasumi life size tapestry
- Kasumi bath poster
- Momoji Red 3D mousepad
- Momoji playing cards
- Momoji life size tapestry
- Momoji bath poster
- Idol costume code

If that's a bit expensive for your taste, you can pickup the Kasumi-chan Blue or Momoji Red, with the game, poster set, soundtrack CD, and Ultimate Sexy Costume code for 16,590 yen ($163 USD). Or go for the cheapest option: a collector’s edition with the game, soundtrack CD, Kasumi-chan Blue 3D mousepad, Kasumi playing cards, and Ultimate Sexy Costume set for 11,340 yen ($111).
Source Very interesting stuff, but I'm sure the US version will be completely different.

FakeSypha

Going back to that pic with costumes... Eileen fits perfectly on 'Team O'. Too bad she won't be on DOA5U...

synce

Going back to that pic with costumes... Eileen fits perfectly on 'Team O'. Too bad she won't be on DOA5U...

Yes that's the first thing I thought of too! Although it's not really a unique design (none of them are really)

F92EBE59.jpg

f4f4f0d9597d20.jpg

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
So what exactly is happening with Dead Or Alive 5 "Ultimate"? Will those of us that have purchased the vanilla Dead Or Alive 5 be able to upgrade to "Ultimate" or is "Ultimate" a completely separate game that we all will have to buy? If it's the latter then Team Ninja/Tecmo is going on my hate list along with EA, Capcom, Blizzard/Activision, Bethesda and Square-Enix.

This thing that game developers are doing with releasing a second (in some cases even a third) version of the same game is really starting to piss me off. All it does is show us that loyal gamers who support the companies by pre-ordering their games or even buying on day 1 or even buying the original version of the games just end up getting screwed over. No wonder people believe the gaming industry is heading for another collapse. :mad:

Also if it does turn out that vanilla DOA5 can't be upgraded to "Ultimate" then that is just going to split the community in half and that is going to cause a whole different set of problems. Only the most die-hard DOA fans will purchase "Ultimate" if the only way to get it is by buying the same game twice. In that case just imagine how small the DOA5 Ultimate community will be in the end. For their sake I really hope Team Ninja/Tecmo know what they are doing with this move.

Even if we have to pay in order to upgrade DOA5 to Ultimate via DLC I'm ok with that as long as the price is reasonable. What I am not ok with is having to buy the same game twice just to get a little more content. Bullcrap like that needs to die right now. Going into the next generation of consoles (PS4 and the stupidly named Xbox "One") I hope we will no longer see crap like this ever again. All this does is teach us that you should NOT buy games when they come out or you just end up losing out. I broke away from Tekken because the Hold/Counter system in DOA grabbed my attention, but if this is the way Team Ninja/Tecmo rolls then I think I may just end up going back to Tekken Tag Tournament 2 instead.

You paid for DOA 5, you got DOA 5.

Now with another full years worth of development time, they are releasing a version with more content. You are not obligated to buy it, nor are you going to lose the content you already paid for.

If you don't want any more DOA content at all, you can feel free to wait another 7 years like last time.

The only reason Team Ninja even did this is because people kept asking for it. If you want someone to hate on, I guess you can hate on the rest of us for wanting more content and recognizing people at Team Ninja have to eat.

Brute

Standard Donor
You paid for DOA 5, you got DOA 5.

Now with another full years worth of development time, they are releasing a version with more content. You are not obligated to buy it, nor are you going to lose the content you already paid for.

If you don't want any more DOA content at all, you can feel free to wait another 7 years like last time.

The only reason Team Ninja even did this is because people kept asking for it. If you want someone to hate on, I guess you can hate on the rest of us for wanting more content and recognizing people at Team Ninja have to eat.
Just wanted to quote this for emphasis. "Fans" have been bitching about the addition of content they asked for. Of course you have to pay for it. Making that stuff (well) requires considerable time and money. Of course they need to get some pay for it. Is it so expensive to make additional costumes that their DLC is fairly priced? No, probably not. Is it awesome that they have a bunch of exclusive DLC packs on release? No, absolutely not. Should we be charged for brand new characters, options, balancing, a boat-load of new costumes, arenas, music etc. all of which we asked for? Yeah, we should.

Kronin

I want add that actually Team Ninja is adding also part of the content that for a matter of time wasn't possible for them to put in DoA5. For example the tag intro/throw between Rig and Christie seen in the last trailer was evidently planned since the start: Rig and Christie are related in the plot of the game, more sometimes you can hear Rig call Christie's name when you select them in tag and make a switch (not sure if also for Christie is the same), something that apparently should happen just with characters that have special tag throws. And if you play tag, you will see that this happens not just with Christie and Rig but also with various logical pairings (i.e. Helena and Hayate).

Other exemples related to the tag mode could be the complete lack of all the tag intro/ending for Gen Fu with Brad Wong or Helena or the absence of tag throws for Pai and LeiFang when they have special intro/endings (a case unique for the entire DoA series)... and I think it's not a coincidence that Ge nFu and Pai were just the last characters to be shown by TN (evidently they had less time to work on them in comparison to the first ones).

So Team Ninja is really looking for releasing to the fans the game that they planned originally, it's not (at least not only) a commercial operation.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Another thing to understand is that the heads of the parent company do not really care about DLC sales, even if they are astronomical in comparison to the game itself. They are ridiculously conservative and primarily look at units moved. Thats really the only number they care about.

So if Team Ninja wants to give you new, badass version of DOA 5, its entirely possible that this is the only way they can get the authorization to do it. It's not like the developers want to rip you off, they simply want to make awesome games and share them with the world.

Dumping blind hatred on the developers themselves is entirely unfair to them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD