DOA5U DOA5U should be played on xbox 360 for tournaments

Should DOA5U be played on Xbox360 at offline events?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Okay I've been thinking this for a while as well as other competitive DOA players. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate should be played offline on the 360 exclusively. Period. If SF players can get organizers to put it on 360 I feel we can too. The game just run better on the 360. Why not play it on the console that runs it the best? I also went and added a poll so players can vote if they feel DOA5U should run on 360 for tournaments. Hopefully the responses will be from players who actually go or have serious plans to go to tournaments.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I don't see why not. Evo's maining all fighters on 360 next year anyway, so I've heard.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
For people who are not participating in voting, or the main topic at hand please don't come in this thread and post non sense. I want to know people opinion on the topic.

Argentus

Yes. It's an xbox series, majority of (good and experienced) players are on xbox. Being ported to ps3 is no reason to drop the main console for the series.

reddyxm

EVO will be running XBox360 next year so it would be best to run offline tournaments on the Xbox360.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
While the PS3 controller is far better than the 360 controller, the whole "sync" thing makes running high stakes tourneys with PS3 very risky. Even if someone doesn't mean to, they can easily break the flow of a game. That's the biggest reason I voted yes.

Argentus

While the PS3 controller is far better than the 360 controller, the whole "sync" thing makes running high stakes tourneys with PS3 very risky. Even if someone doesn't mean to, they can easily break the flow of a game. That's the biggest reason I voted yes.

Ps3 dpad hurts my thumbs after a while...

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
360 pad hurts your soul.

EDIT: That said, lots of people would have to get lagless converters, 'cause a lot of people play on PS3 pad.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
360 pad hurts your soul.

EDIT: That said, lots of people would have to get lagless converters, 'cause a lot of people play on PS3 pad.

A lot of people at TFC had converters because people don't like playing on PS3 pads. That can go both ways. Not everyone favor ps3 pads. Also players play on sticks and fight pads as well. The pad has nothing to do with the matter. There are always a way around these issues for people who has problems with them.

d3v

First up. EVO will still run certain PS3 games on PS3.

Also, until we can find documented proof that the game runs better on one system than on another, then TOs should be free to run the game on whatever system they have.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
For people who are not participating in voting, or the main topic at hand please don't come in this thread and post non sense. I want to know people opinion on the topic.
What are you talking about? I AM on topic, and I wasn't joking around about Evo having Xbox 360 as the main console next year.

RoboJoe

I can feel the difference when playing on PS3 versus 360. It feels like there is the tiniest bit of input lag at all times. You get used to it pretty quickly, but I think the more responsive system should be the standard. In this case, the 360.

BolverkGTM

I don't see any problems with it. I'll just have to buy a Xtokki converter for my Dualshock 1.

EDIT: For any pad players that favor PS1 or PS2 controllers, look into this baby for a converter to 360. It's the 360 equivalent to the iNPiN lagless PS3 converter. http://etokki.com/Xbox360/Xtokki360

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
But no reasonable person would play on a wireless 360 controller.

EDIT: Or a 360 controller in general.

You'd be surprised considering that Microsoft doesn't make wired 360 controllers, wired PC controllers are a different story. At ECTV two players were connecting with the wired PC controllers and the system registered both as the same player.

Those that do use wireless have to remove their battery packs so that it won't sync. however, I can't tell you how many times players have forgotten to remove their battery pack before connecting, because it was a lot of players back in the DOA4 days.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD