DOA5U: system tweeks/character buffs and nerfs for Team NINJA

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3v

I realize that and agree that heavy knowledge and experience is required to understand feature(s) and that looking at things through a "vacuum" gives an inaccurate feel of said thing's purpose/use. But your reasoning behind it was that the entire scope of something must be understood completely before a certain element can be critiqued, and that isn't true, let alone possible, for anything (let alone a fighting game).
But it's important that we at least try to understand as much as possible. Without that, then you end up with something like the Injustice/NRS community, which even people in it admit is the scrubbiest fighting game community around.

In other words, read the goddam t-shirt.

MasterHavik

Hey hey don't bash Injustice(it pulls better than DOA) and calling it the scrubbiest fighting game community is a blanket statement that can be said about DOA. You don't know how many people call DOA a scrub magnet. Let's not try to attack other games or communities folks. Sigh...why does every fighting game community do that to make themselves feel like they are better than those who don't play their game?

Brute

Standard Donor
But it's important that we at least try to understand as much as possible.
I never said anything to the contrary.

Without that, then you end up with something like the Injustice/NRS community, which even people in it admit is the scrubbiest fighting game community around.
I'm not sure you're even reading/understanding what I'm writing at all.

In other words, read the goddam t-shirt.
Way to beat a dead horse. If "adapt" were the ideal course of action in all cases, TN could release a patch that removed every character in the roster but Kasumi and the VFs and we would be left to "adapt."
While that is all we, as the community, can do at the end of the day, that doesn't make it the ideal solution.

d3v

Hey hey don't bash Injustice(it pulls better than DOA) and calling it the scrubbiest fighting game community is a blanket statement that can be said about DOA. You don't know how many people call DOA a scrub magnet. Let's not try to attack other games or communities folks. Sigh...why does every fighting game community do that to make themselves feel like they are better than those who don't play their game?
Have you actually seen the TYM boards? It's like one giant scrub quote and it's all thanks to NRS' patching everything just because the scrubs complain about it.
Way to beat a dead horse. If "adapt" were the ideal course of action in all cases, TN could release a patch that removed every character in the roster but Kasumi and the VFs and we would be left to "adapt."
While that is all we, as the community, can do at the end of the day, that doesn't make it the ideal solution.
The fact that there's a patch at all may be the problem in the first place.

That said, you fail to address my other point - that it's been barely a month and we've only seen one major so far. How many times do I have bring up that quote about 1 month being too early to ask for meaningful changes?
Mike Z said:
I generally tend to agree with the older school of thought, in that you can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
The fact that there's a patch at all may be the problem in the first place.
If there's a patch that changes gameplay elements for better or worse (kinda like from vanilla to ultimate) then you can just practice what you preach on your t-shirt and "adapt."

That said, you fail to address my other point - that it's been barely a month and we've only seen one major so far. How many times do I have bring up that quote about 1 month being too early to ask for meaningful changes?
As long as it's a red herring I suppose you can say it as many times as you like.

MasterHavik

d3v: I have, but that can be any game. And everything they bitch doesn't get fixed actually I play the game I should know. Look at what TN did to the stagger glitch in DOA5 vanilla. They don't listen to us at all and pull more 180s your head will spin. Btw...while i like your shirt and all it's kind of ignoring things that are are issues in the game. "Shut up and get better and adapt" doesn't solve all your problems. It's not an easy button you can get at office max and press it to solve all your problems.

d3v

Because it's BARELY BEEN A MONTH! All of this is based on theory fighter with barely any actual competitive results to back it up. You're basically denying the fact that players have the ability to develop the game beyond a month 1 state of play.

Max536Drago

So, you're logic is that no one has the knowledge necessary to analyze or have feelings toward any part of the game until they know the entire game (literally everything, as that is what a complete match-up chart would entail and account for), which therefore would also posit that no one could feel good about any part of the game without knowing the game in it's entirety, either (since if something isn't bad it must be good/acceptable). Thus, until someone knows the entire game and has mastered every character (the plausibility of which is highly contentious), someone is in no position to speak about preferring any aspect of the game either as-is or differently. That is to say that they can have no valid opinion that can be voiced in any capacity until before-mentioned mastery is achieved, meaning that any time you say something should stay as-is (such as FTs returning or vanilla state or Rachel keeping her current FT capacity), you are speaking without any validity until you provide a complete match-up chart and would be vulnerable to the same critique you just provided (that mastery and match-ups must be achieved before any preference on a game element is proposed).

TL;DR: I know what point you're trying to argue, but logically what you said makes no practical sense and is rhetorically unsound.
Uh.... What? XD
Because it's BARELY BEEN A MONTH! All of this is based on theory fighter with barely any actual competitive results to back it up. You're basically denying the fact that players have the ability to develop the game beyond a month 1 state of play.
Well, the game hasn't changed much since DOA5. lol

d3v

It has changed enough.

Also, I noticed that you mentioned Injustice somewhere so I'm assuming that you may simply be used to how NRS does things (something that the FGC doesn't necessarily see as a good thing). If you ask most of the older players from within the FGC, alot will say that even 6 months is barely enough time to figure out stuff for a balance patch.

T to tha J

Wow...maybe they don't know what they're doing. I try to not complain about games, but Jann Lee was literally nerfed to the point that he's unusable. But I don't know what's up with that Kokoro 2k?

MasterHavik

It has changed greatly. What game are you play? Little to no force techs, characters having bounds, it's even more important to make reads now, and the big change is how some characters are a lot safer now so throw punishment isn't free.

:O I'm a top DOA player. I can ask <.<
You have won no tournaments and have never been offline once. Shut up dude don't give them reasons to attack you.

Max536Drago

It has changed enough.

Also, I noticed that you mentioned Injustice somewhere so I'm assuming that you may simply be used to how NRS does things (something that the FGC doesn't necessarily see as a good thing). If you ask most of the older players from within the FGC, alot will say that even 6 months is barely enough time to figure out stuff for a balance patch.
I mentioned injustice because I played it for like a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD