DOA5U: system tweeks/character buffs and nerfs for Team NINJA

Status
Not open for further replies.

synce

Has anyone discovered any guaranteed FTs yet? I found one a couple weeks ago but never saw anyone else mention it or use it at TFC. I'm hoping TN hasn't discovered it or at least reimplements FTs for everyone. Although the only thing to get me back online would be an actually good online - no ranked refusals and less lag.

Other than that, just off the top of my head:

- Momiji's jumping throw should be a jumping OH
- Lisa's 1K needs to not be shit
- Kokoro's heichu followups shouldn't be holdable
- Tech rolling should require actual timing

Max536Drago

Has anyone discovered any guaranteed FTs yet? I found one a couple weeks ago but never saw anyone else mention it or use it at TFC. I'm hoping TN hasn't discovered it or at least reimplements FTs for everyone. Although the only thing to get me back online would be an actually good online - no ranked refusals and less lag.

Other than that, just off the top of my head:

- Momiji's jumping throw should be a jumping OH
- Lisa's 1K needs to not be shit
- Kokoro's heichu followups shouldn't be holdable
- Tech rolling should require actual timing
I think I might agree with the Momiji offensive hold part. My ideas on Momiji can wait until I get up to her. lol

RoboJoe

Don't see why Momiji's Tenku throw should be an OH, it's not like they can hit her out of it while stunned.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
No reason for Momiji's double jump throw to be an OH. In fact, they should just remove it all together.

Lisa's 1K is the best. Don't hate.

All I do is complain about Kokoro being garbage and even I think Heichu followups being unholdable would be a dumb buff.

I don't want techs to require any effort. I want to be able to just hold a button and have my character tech. It's a fundamental tool that shouldn't require any level of execution. What should require timing are strings.

d3v

@Max536Drago
Shut up. Until you can come up with a match up chart for every character in the game based on months of tournament play, you are in no position to ask for character specific changes. That goes for most everyone else in this thread.

d3v

I don't want techs to require any effort. I want to be able to just hold a button and have my character tech. It's a fundamental tool that shouldn't require any level of execution. What should require timing are strings.
Highly disagree. Getting knocked down is supposed to be a highly disadvantaged situation. Teching is not meant to be a get out of jail free card.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Teching is hardly get out of jail free. Teching is "Damn, I got baited and now I have to guess a mixup."

d3v

Teching is hardly get out of jail free. Teching is "Damn, I got baited and now I have to guess a mixup."
Which is as it should be. That said, it's not just about the mixup, getting your opponent on their back also allows a bit of positional advantage to space/set up/etc. especially since, last I checked, the game doesn't really have an SF style "hard knockdown."

AkaShocka

Has anyone discovered any guaranteed FTs yet?
Well, I don't want to say guaranteed but Sarah has a force tech that can be done right after her combos. We all know the Sarah does the same combo over and over ending with :4::h::+::K: - :6::6::h::+::K:. But after the :4::h::+::K: if she does :6::h::+::K: it will force tech them up. :). Sarah is awesome!

Brute

Standard Donor
@Max536Drago
Shut up. Until you can come up with a match up chart for every character in the game based on months of tournament play, you are in no position to ask for character specific changes. That goes for most everyone else in this thread.
So, you're logic is that no one has the knowledge necessary to analyze or have feelings toward any part of the game until they know the entire game (literally everything, as that is what a complete match-up chart would entail and account for), which therefore would also posit that no one could feel good about any part of the game without knowing the game in it's entirety, either (since if something isn't bad it must be good/acceptable). Thus, until someone knows the entire game and has mastered every character (the plausibility of which is highly contentious), someone is in no position to speak about preferring any aspect of the game either as-is or differently. That is to say that they can have no valid opinion that can be voiced in any capacity until before-mentioned mastery is achieved, meaning that any time you say something should stay as-is (such as FTs returning or vanilla state or Rachel keeping her current FT capacity), you are speaking without any validity until you provide a complete match-up chart and would be vulnerable to the same critique you just provided (that mastery and match-ups must be achieved before any preference on a game element is proposed).

TL;DR: I know what point you're trying to argue, but logically what you said makes no practical sense and is rhetorically unsound.

d3v

So, you're logic is that no one has the knowledge necessary to analyze or have feelings toward any part of the game until they know the entire game (literally everything, as that is what a complete match-up chart would entail and account for), which therefore would also posit that no one could feel good about any part of the game without knowing the game in it's entirety, either (since if something isn't bad it must be good/acceptable). Thus, until someone knows the entire game and has mastered every character (the plausibility of which is highly contentious), someone is in no position to speak about preferring any aspect of the game either as-is or differently. That is to say that they can have no valid opinion that can be voiced in any capacity until before-mentioned mastery is achieved, meaning that any time you say something should stay as-is (such as FTs returning or vanilla state or Rachel keeping her current FT capacity), you are speaking without any validity until you provide a complete match-up chart and would be vulnerable to the same critique you just provided (that mastery and match-ups must be achieved before any preference on a game element is proposed).

TL;DR: I know what point you're trying to argue, but logically what you said makes no practical sense and is rhetorically unsound.
The problems are that.

A) At this point, it seems that most everyone is suggesting things in a vacuum. There's talk of doing x will affect the match up with y.

B) It hasn't even been a month and every old school player knows that you cannot ask any meaningful changes of the first month of play, despite the fact that that's when everyone's in the lab testing stuff out. Whatever happened to adapting and finding counter-tech or even better tech and abusing that to the point where other players are then forced to find their own counter tech (or even better tech)? Whatever happened to the "arms race" that defined the scenes of many competitve games in the late nineties/early 2000s?

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
The problems are that.

A) At this point, it seems that most everyone is suggesting things in a vacuum. There's talk of doing x will affect the match up with y.

B) It hasn't even been a month and every old school player knows that you cannot ask any meaningful changes of the first month of play, despite the fact that that's when everyone's in the lab testing stuff out.
I realize that and agree that heavy knowledge and experience is required to understand feature(s) and that looking at things through a "vacuum" gives an inaccurate feel of said thing's purpose/use. But your reasoning behind it was that the entire scope of something must be understood completely before a certain element can be critiqued, and that isn't true, let alone possible, for anything (let alone a fighting game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD