DOA5U wanted Costumes

Aspect

I think DOA needs more martial arts costumes. I'd like to see Jann Lee wear a sleeveless version of this:
BackgroundStuff-2.png
or
Yun.jpg

with arm accessories like the prince of persia(sorry I tried looking for game versions, the movie was so bad)

prince-of-persia-movie-2010-498x332.jpg

David Gregg

So I still don't get it. Can we have one costume concept drawn by different people ?

Interesting question. You my friend may have found a loophole in the rules. lol

Although this statement may have vaguely addressed it:
"Designs must be original works and not copies of existing designs"

So technically if you submit a design that someone else made it's not original. Or is that not what they meant? o_O

Juihau

I believe they did mention that it has to be an original design. Having the same design drawn by different people may very well lead them to disqualify every different occurrence of it, being that it could be considered evidence of three different possibilities:
A) It is not an original design, and as such is ineligible
B) One person submitted a design which was later copied, which may prevent its total exclusion if they can determine the original designer
C) Attempting to cheat by submitting the same design repeatedly, which...is exactly what you're talking about.

KwonJigglypuff

Because, well, on Twitter they answered that question, but I still don't get it.

Kronin : if "X" have a personal idea for a design and ask to "Y" (that already sent you his own submission) to draw the picture for him, is this allowed to do? Of course such picture would be sent from the FB/Twitter profile of "X", being him the author of the design (also if not of the drawing).

Team Ninja : If we notice that the design is not the original creation from "Y", the entree is invalid. If the design is supported well and selected as DLC for future, the design was granted without any compensation from "Y" to us. You know what I mean?

Me : No.

Edit : Oh I think I get it. A good concept doesn't need support from other people to be good. It needs to be clear.

But still, they don't say if I can be disquilified because of that.

David Gregg

@Juihau makes a very good point. And for all TN knows it could be someone you don't know who copied your design and decided to submit it so that they could win the prize. That wouldn't be fair to the original creator. :/

David Gregg

Although I now have a question. Can someone make and submit multiple pictures of the same costume design (obviously with the same character)? So say have like a drawing and then a 3D model. It's the same creator but different medias to portray it.

KwonJigglypuff

Although I now have a question. Can someone make and submit multiple pictures of the same costume design (obviously with the same character)? So say have like a drawing and then a 3D model. It's the same creator but different medias to portray it.

I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.

But if by "3D" model you're thinking about XNA, I doubt it : TN hates it.

Rawbietussin

Sometimes, it makes me think that the one who submits first gets to be "original" while others who has similar in mind aren't.

KwonJigglypuff

Sometimes, it makes me think that the one who submits first gets to be "original" while others who has similar in mind aren't.

Actually, posting first doesn't always help. Because TN will see it for one month or so, get used to it, and then something new and fresh will pop up and they'll think it's cooler because it's different.
So yeah, I should have waited a bit perhaps.. 11th of April is faaaar.

I guess there is no real strategy. It depends on the team's taste ("underboobs" is a good value hehe).

But anyway, I don't really mind if I lose. I love the efforts of the community, the facts that it brings us together and that we can give tips to improve our designs. Sincerely.
Most importantly, it means new costumes for all the roster hehe!

The only thing I really wish, is that Helena's DLC is designed by someone here. I don't want some random (but talented) guy to draw something for her if he is not a real fan. I want him to win for the good reasons, not because there is a price.
I'm not saying that you can't be a fan if you're not on FSD or DOA.fr or DOAW, but come on...

Rawbietussin

If I were to win this contest, I probably won't even accept the prizes. I'll probably ask them for a job lol. They can just simply abduct me without consent lol.

David Gregg

The question is how will they go about picking the best outfits? Will they pick
a) one best outfit for each character (so say 28 characters were in the contest, TN picks 1 best submission from each making 28 outfits)
b) one best outfit for a select # of characters (kind of like what they did for DOA4)
c) best outfits regardless of character (so if they liked 3 Marie Rose outfits they would make all 3).

Argentus

okay so wait. Can @DontForkWitMe submit the Leon design, since he designed it, even though I drew it? With me submitting my Mila Design? oor will one of them be disqualified because I drew both?

Argentus

The question is how will they go about picking the best outfits? Will they pick
a) one best outfit for each character (so say 28 characters were in the contest, TN picks 1 best submission from each making 28 outfits)
b) one best outfit for a select # of characters (kind of like what they did for DOA4)
c) best outfits regardless of character (so if they liked 3 Marie Rose outfits they would make all 3).
I really hope but really doubt its A.

David Gregg

okay so wait. Can @DontForkWitMe submit the Leon design, since he designed it, even though I drew it? With me submitting my Mila Design? oor will one of them be disqualified?

As long as only one person submits it I think it's alright (obviously don't tell them that you drew it for DontForkWitMe though).

And holy sh*t there's going to be some serious competition between the Marie Rose outfits. Damn! :O

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD