DOA5U wanted Costumes

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Looks like I got an official lost simply by vote count alone. :/

Don't let it get to you, it was a great design. You should be proud of it, managed to capture a retro outfit while keeping it to Helenas taste.

@Argentus that "Tina-ish" design is actually a trashy version of Vanessa from KOF design. Which I'm not a fan of, I love Vanessas design plain and simpe there was no need to do that. But doesn't mean its terrible.

Last edited:

synce

Would buy

Bjf0prjCAAEYH1N.jpg:large

Bja3SfeCEAAjPNA.jpg:large

proxy.jpg

Argentus

Don't let it get to you, it was a great design. You should be proud of it, managed to capture a retro outfit while keeping it to Helenas taste.

@Argentus that "Tina-ish" design is actually a trashy version of Vanessa from KOF design. Which I'm not a fan of, I love Vanessas design plain and simpe there was no need to do that. But doesn't mean its terrible.
"trashy Vanessa" is literally what went through my head, but I didn't wanna say it lol. oddly enough, I think it woulda looked better without the mesh.

Kronin

@Argentus : Definitely, for me that outfit is pretty good.

@synce : I don't like the Phase-4 outfit (usually I like futuristic suits, but the excessive fanservice ruin everything for me in this case), but I love Hitomi's and Kokoro's ones.

Last edited:

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Dunno why but that phase 4 design looks like Blazblue artwork. Probably because of Nu 13. Love the Hitomi karate bear should be on everything.

Argentus

@Argentus : Definitely, for me that outfit is pretty good.

@synce : I don't like the Phase-4 outfit (usually I like futuristic suits, but the excessive fanservice ruin everything for me in this case), but I love Hitomi's and Kokoro's ones.
I'm having trouble deciding if I should make the jacket white and hair blue like I intended, or go with a classic Mila coloration of black and red. which do you think that outfit would look good with? I think the sports bra and jeans can stay white and blue either way.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
I'm having trouble deciding if I should make the jacket white and hair blue like I intended, or go with a classic Mila coloration of black and red. which do you think that outfit would look good with? I think the sports bra and jeans can stay white and blue either way.

Just draw a head profile and put the main one there or toggle options. Look at the other entries people are doing that

Kronin

The real question is Mila's blue-hair (that consequently bring you to use the white in the jacket for "balancing" the colors matters): even if you like this color, many people naturally will be recluctant to it, used to her ordinary red's hairs of Mila (by the way a distinctive trait in the roster of DoA).

If you want keep the blue hair my suggestion is to color a main big drawing of Mila with the black and red colors (so to give the main focus to the standard image of Mila, the first thing that will meet the eyes of the fans when will atted to your drawing), then to draw on the side a Mila's version with blue hair and the white jacket (not necessarily a full and big entire body, even just a smaller one only from the head to the waist), proposing it like an alternative to the main version (through the press of the imputs on the controllers, other people have already submitted fan arts with "instructions for the use" inside XD).

I know that this is a "come to terms", but for me this is the best solution if you want keep the blue hairs and to hope for the like of the majority of Mila's fans (according to my thoughts, of course).

@Dr Snipe Ninja'd me summarizing everything I said in just one line XD

Argentus

Just draw a head profile and put the main one there or toggle options. Look at the other entries people are doing that
well I'm doing toggle options like jacket on or off, glasses, different underwear. I figured they were more likely to make a recolor a seperate costume lol. what button would a recolor even be assigned to in character select? r1?

Argentus

The real question is Mila's blue-hair (that consequently bring you to use the white in the jacket for "balancing" the colors matters): even if you like this color, many people naturally will be recluctant to it, used to her ordinary red's hairs of Mila (by the way a distinctive trait in the roster of DoA).

If you want keep the blue hair my suggestion is to color a main big drawing of Mila with the black and red colors (so to give the main focus to the standard image of Mila, the first thing that will meet the eyes of the fans when will atted to your drawing), then to draw on the side a Mila's version with blue hair and the white jacket (not necessarily a full and big entire body, even just a smaller one only from the head to the waist), proposing it like an alternative to the main version (through the press of the imputs on the controllers, other people have already submitted fan arts with "instructions for the use" inside XD).

I know that this is a "come to terms", but for me this is the best solution if you want keep the blue hairs and to hope for the like of the majority of Mila's fans (according to my thoughts, of course).

yeah, I figured I'd need to color a "classic" and "intended" versions. jacket needs to be red or black for classic colors though. yellow glasses?

Kronin

yeah, I figured I'd need to color a "classic" and "intended" versions. jacket needs to be red or black for classic colors though. yellow glasses?

I think that yellow glases could work, just be sure to not include too much different colors (generally an outfit too much differently colored give a bad impression).

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor

You've been Sniped

Argentus

I think that yellow glases could work, just be sure to not include too much different colors (generally an outfit too much differently colored give a bad impression).
a while back I realized my intended pallette of white, blue and purple was literally just the inverse of her classic black, red and yellow, respectively lol. so if I intended a white jacket with blue stripes and purple glasses, classic colors would be black jacket with red stripes and yellow glasses, I think.

Argentus

For some reason, I would like to put a chibi Bass face on the crop top. (either on one side or in the middle)
(sports bra acting as crop top) maybe that could be the emblem on the jacket? I feel like it being on the bra would be too distracting. Still debating if jacket should be a hoodie as well lol. Ooh I just imagined black jacket with red inner color, combined with black sports bra that has yellow secondary color (like how her c1 bra has two colors). or if the jacket was also yellow on the inside, but black with red stripes on outside...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD