DOA5U wanted Costumes

SilverForte

Okay here's what I've got so far for Hayabusa, please excuse my lack of talent but this isn't the final submission anyways.

concept_for_team_ninja_contest_by_silverforte-d7bfv0f.jpg

I appreciate any input/criticism/questions.

Brute

Standard Donor
Okay here's what I've got so far for Hayabusa, please excuse my lack of talent but this isn't the final submission anyways.

Sweet! I'd just make a side note on it that the hat should be toggle-able.

It's really cool seeing him in casual clothes. Definitely notice the inspiration from his DOA3 ending.

Rawbietussin

Is Busa's hair suppose to be loose and short here? Any idea on what the colors would be? I think the pants would look great in blue or green with the scarf in yellow.

I would probably add some prayer beads wrapped around his wrist on one of the arms.

Kronin

Amazing work @Kodachi ! ;)

EDIT: Anyway Team Ninja stated on twitter that it's possible to update the already submitted entries (http://tmi.me/1e1Cuv) but your Marie Rose's outfit seems to me already perfect.

I love the inspiration to the outfit of Hayabua in the DoA3 ending ^^
Honestly seems to me pretty good, I can't find real things to change, maybe you could add some nice details like motives/symbols or particular objects (similar to the prayer beads mentioned by Rawbietussin).

Last edited:

SilverForte

Sure thanks for the suggestions, I still need to finalize what I want for the greaves, and figure out what colors I want. I want the final picture to actually look good so I'm gonna spend a while on it, perhaps someone can color it for me when I'm done? I don't have good coloring tools and no digital way to color it.

UpSideDownGRUNT

they already stated it will be determined by number of votes and by the quality of the costume design (i believe they mean the design itself not the drawing lol)

Basically posts like Koda's are more likely to make it in.

A good descriptive and laid out design for a very popular character that's very fitting for the desired character.

Let's put it this way. One guy on this board actually confused Gen Fu with Hayate. Seriously! He thought he was all that. (probably still does). That's the point. I never would have expected a screw up of that magnitude but yeah, that's how forgettable they were at least to this guy.

As for girls: Mila, Kasumi, Ayane, Lisa, Sarah, Pai, Leifang, Hitomi, Tina, Christie, Helena, Rachel, Momiji, Marie Rose, and Kokoro (at least on 5U), and if you want to count her, Alpha-152. I'm not counting the cloaked girl because we have yet to figure out who she is entirely.

I see he liked your post. Just fess up David. You made a big mistake.

I always thought the cloaked girl (from the prologue of doa5 right) was that clone of kasumi that was killed by hayate and ayane.... and yes, im responding to an old post. I havent been here in a long while.

Also, One thing i just learned. Not sure if there was anyone here who thought that hitomis bikini (from the last round of dlc) was unqiue: it isnt. Momiji's bikini is the same, except white. It even has her name (momiji) where hitomi has her name. Actually half expected hitomis name to be there aynway, given TN's track record for costume swaps

I liked it better when it was "look at all the grass I give"

To be fair...even then. That's a valley she's gesturing at. That's gotta be a lotta fucks hiding out in there.

here's what i think of the goddamn bikinis.

1268431_1381416415442083_1350701329_o.jpg

make of that what you will, all answers are the correct answers.

Also, its moments like these that are the best part of DOA, not slutwear.

1417589_1390765914507133_250806304_o.jpg

1500929_1381442092106182_422462781_o.jpg

I like that Hitomi x Leon image you got there bro, reminds me of pictures i take (actually i think i have a similar image even)

Kronin

Looks like I got an official lost simply by vote count alone. :/

But the likes are not the votes: after the deadline TN will post all the designs in a gallery (very likely only on Facebook) and then people will be called to express their preferences.

And @Project Bokuho , TN stated more times like what they care for is the deisgn and not the art: it's just this the reason because they limited the entry to 1 for person, just for allowing to everyone to express their ideas in fairness and not overcomed by the ones of the people able to draw pretty well (skill that surely would allow them to show better their ideas and to send more pictures). So, even if your drawing is not the best, if you have great ideas I think that they could be deserving of a try ;)

Rawbietussin

But the likes are not the votes: after the deadline TN will post all the designs in a gallery (very likely only on Facebook) and then people will be called to express their preferences.

Thank goodness for the clarification.

Wouldn't TN pick out like a Top 10 or Top 5 though?

KwonJigglypuff

Thank goodness for the clarification.

Wouldn't TN pick out like a Top 10 or Top 5 though?

They didn't promise anything about the number. Could be one DLC costume only, or a whole pack.

The best thing in my opinion would be a beautiful and unique pack with one costume per character.
But as you can see, Christie - for example - does not have a concept yet, while Helena have like.. 5-6 already.

Rawbietussin

They didn't promise anything about the number. Could be one DLC costume only, or a whole pack.

The best thing in my opinion would be a beautiful and unique pack with one costume per character.
But as you can see, Christie - for example - does not have a concept yet, while Helena have like.. 5-6 already.

No Christies? That's unusual but then again, it's still way too early. April 17 is quite far. I'm sure someone would come up something for her.

At the moment, there's only 3 Helena entries (mine included) in FB but I know yours, so that makes 4. Would the other 2 be at Twitter?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I would definitely pay for a fan created costume character pack, even if everyone doesn't get a costume. Many people will make costumes either for their main or their favorite character. Heck, I still need to make my concept for Eliot.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD