DOA6 DOA6 Gameplay Wish List

crapoZK

Standard Donor
As we all know, DOA6 is not coming out for another year or two. DOA5's lifespan has been very good if I'm going to be completely honest, but let's be real. With all these other fighting games dropping like hot shit, it's only natural for DOA5 to fall back and fade into the background. DOA6 in my opinion has gotta be the best they can bring out, not necessarily content-wise as when it comes down to it, all fighting games need is a decent netcode (Which DOA5 does not have) and a good training mode (Which DOA does have - just needs minor improvements), but rather mechanically. I have a huge ass wishlist that for me would make DOA6 a sick ass game.

1. Remove the way Open and Closed stances affect attacks:

The concept behind Open and Closed stances is a decent one. However, it doesn't really serve much purpose besides changing the properties of your attacks or (Using Akira as a reference) negatively effecting how you play our character because one move might whiff if you hit one depending in what foot stance you're in. Open and Closed stances were viable in VF, as depending on your footing the direction in which your moves would go would change, and your opponent would need to sidestep your attack in the direction your attack is moving at in order to dodge it and it was crucial to to the system. But as sidestepping dodges moves no matter the direction in DOA, there is no reason to have different move properties on footing. Unless in DOA6, they make the sidestepping as "complex" as VF, no matter what footing you and your opponent are in, the properties of the attack you do should not change.

2. BRING BACK DOA4'S OKIZEME
I cannot stress this enough. As trashy DOA4 was, the Oki in the game was really, surprisingly good. It made staying on the ground more of a scary position to be in and disadvantageous. From memory, there was no invisibility on the ground until force-tech, tech rolls or the roll leading to a wake-up kick and you could be force-teched from moves that had ground hit properties. And they were viable. You could only be hit on the ground twice and after two attacks, your opponent would've been FT'd. You couldn't tech if a psuedo-FT connected on you, so the second hit could connect and complete the FT. If an attack slammed you on the ground from a combo (e.g. Kasumi's :9::K:), you wouldn't be able to tech right away. You'd be hit by the second :K: and forced-teched. This created multiple setups, and it kept good offense. It really added a danger factor to being knocked on the ground compared to what the Oki is in DOA5LR.

3. Include a maximum amount of times you can fail hold during stun:
DOA's triangle system is amazing. However it is tainted by those pricks who spam hold directions after every single hit when being an a stun position. As easy to read as it is with HiC Throws, it's just boring I suppose. I know at high-level play it isn't like this but the fact it's abusable like the way it is is simply jarring. All that needs to be done to stop the horseshit is to add a Critical Hold Limit into the next DOA. Like what the subtitle suggests, there would be a set maximum amount of times you can attempt to hold if stunned. I would say 3 times would be the perfect amount. After failing 3 times, you are open to a Critical Burst setup, HiC throws, or anything else. This enforces the player to think more about HOW they hold, and not to use it as a fallback mechanic in a panic. Holds would be more of a read system than a typical combo breaker.

4. Enable dash cancelling of sidesteps:
Do it like VF, and not like Tekken where characters frantically are moving on the screen (I love Tekken for this but it wouldn't work in DOA lmaoooo). After a few frames of a sidestep, I wish we could cancel it into a dash (Standing Forward or Standing Back. Crouch dashing would be disabled.) so that we aren't forced to either wait until the full animation is over to do a move that isn't a From Sidestep or do a sidestep attack. Imagine sidestepping an attack you predicted, then dash cancelling it to do a throw for punish? Shiiiiiiit my g.

5. Bring Character's :2::2: attacks back in a new way:
In DOA3 and 4, a lot of characters had moves with a :2::2: motion, which sidestepped the opponent's attack, and countered them. Some of these moves actually put enemies off-axis when performed. As :2::2:/:8::8: is now an option for sidestepping, these moves aren't possible to bring back like that. So it would be easier to include them as their own attacks with different buttons. These moves were quite viable. Just make em unsafe (Over -7) when blocked. I know Tina got hers, so why not the rest xD

6. Offensive Sidestepping:
This is borrowed from VF5:FS but it's a lit mechanic.
Press :H+P+K:whilst sidestepping to quickly dash to the side towards your opponent to do offensive sidesteps. Offensive sidesteps are very good against people who tech roll to either side as you can continue your KD pressure. OSs would not get sidestep attacks, and any attack the enemy does after the OS would track to you and get CH effect if used incorrectly. This would be to make the movement less cheap and actually punishable. However they have decent recovery but cannot be dash cancelled. Basically, you don't want to do this in neutral or if the enemy knows how to download that shit.

7. Include Crouching Recovery;
Let me get up and put myself in a crouching state instantly, dammit. xD
The consequence for it is getting hit by mids, but dodging highs and throws is good.

8. Make Blocking transition from Back-Turned Instant:
When back turned, it's already a disadvantage. If I am in a safe BT position (:ayane:) and I know that the enemy is going to an attack me, and I press :h:, I should turn around and block it instantly. As in, there is no interval frames to show my character turning around to block. They will be front facing and blocking on impact.

9. Make Stand Block > Crouch Blocking & vice-versa against attacks instantaneous, and increase general speed in Neutral Stand Block > Crouch Block:
I'mma use this quote because I know WAZAAAAA would be able to explain this better than I could lmaoooo
Blocking from standing to crouching (and viceversa) takes several frames. This artificial delay makes the game more guess based, punishes good reflexes and makes the controls feel slow. Bass has the best example to show how problematic this can get. Try Blocking Bass' 3P+KT and then crouch the throw by holding DownBack: you can't. The throw will hit you because the blockstun and the standing to crouching transition are too long.
The game is subject to a wide range of unavoidable delays already: online latency, TV/monitor lag, controller/converter delays, the in-game 1 frame move delay while not lying on the floor (to properly detect multi inputs move such as 2H+P+K), and more.
SOLUTION: we don't need an artificial delay to the blocking action. All StandBlock>CrouchBlock and CrouchBlock>StandBlock switch frames transitions should be reduced to 1 frame (instantaneous). This would also remove the need to Fuzzy Guard through the awkward "334" input to bypass the transition

10. Take out Power Blows entirely or fix when you can do them and how they work:
As fun as they were in DOA5, its just another comeback mechanic. They look cool, but again, it's a comeback mechanic. You'd be able to do them at 50% health. If PBs stay, it would be better for the player to be at 30% or 25% so that it really is a last-ditch effort. Also let's not make them sidestep cancellable. Only because of the new sidestep mechanics, they would become broken. PB'ing in DOA6 would be a risky commitment and not something you charge up and cancel constantly in neutral game. They also need to be really really really unsafe. As in really unsafe. As in the "At risk of being hit by a PB or free launched if blocked" kinda unsafe. The guard break on PBs will be removed. The pro to PBs in DOA6 is that they absorb only one attack when charging, like an armour. I know I know I know I know that's very scrubby, but with all the other scrubby shit we tryna get rid of in DOA6 we gotta give the scrubs one thing. However, the armour is only in effect when the move is charging, after the wind effect has indicated ability to release and does not absorb lows, or throws. If you throw a person who is charging a PB, they will get Hi-Counter thrown, and now with the bar being red at 30 or 25%, they will most likely die. Before the wind effect comes out they will not get any armour at all and will get hit like a regular CH. As soon as you start charging the PB, the health bar stops glowing red, meaning you can't do it again. Even if you get countered when charging, there is no opportunity to attempt again. High-Risk-High-Reward, you know?

(I've got more. I'll update later xD. Feel free to roast me on these mechanic changes)
Don't get me wrong, DOA what it is now is still solid and dope. I'm not complaining at all.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
As we all know, DOA6 is not coming out for another year or two. DOA5's lifespan has been very good if I'm going to be completely honest, but let's be real. With all these other fighting games dropping like hot shit, it's only natural for DOA5 to fall back and fade into the background. DOA6 in my opinion has gotta be the best they can bring out, not necessarily content-wise as when it comes down to it, all fighting games need is a decent netcode (Which DOA5 does not have) and a good training mode (Which DOA does have - just needs minor improvements), but rather mechanically. I have a huge ass wishlist that for me would make DOA6 a sick ass game.

1. Remove the way Open and Closed stances affect attacks:

The concept behind Open and Closed stances is a decent one. However, it doesn't really serve much purpose besides changing the properties of your attacks or (Using Akira as a reference) negatively effecting how you play our character because one move might whiff if you hit one depending in what foot stance you're in. Open and Closed stances were viable in VF, as depending on your footing the direction in which your moves would go would change, and your opponent would need to sidestep your attack in the direction your attack is moving at in order to dodge it and it was crucial to to the system. But as sidestepping dodges moves no matter the direction in DOA, there is no reason to have different move properties on footing. Unless in DOA6, they make the sidestepping as "complex" as VF, no matter what footing you and your opponent are in, the properties of the attack you do should not change.

2. BRING BACK DOA4'S OKIZEME
I cannot stress this enough. As trashy DOA4 was, the Oki in the game was really, surprisingly good. It made staying on the ground more of a scary position to be in and disadvantageous. From memory, there was no invisibility on the ground until force-tech, tech rolls or the roll leading to a wake-up kick and you could be force-teched from moves that had ground hit properties. And they were viable. You could only be hit on the ground twice and after two attacks, your opponent would've been FT'd. You couldn't tech if a psuedo-FT connected on you, so the second hit could connect and complete the FT. If an attack slammed you on the ground from a combo (e.g. Kasumi's :9::K:), you wouldn't be able to tech right away. You'd be hit by the second :K: and forced-teched. This created multiple setups, and it kept good offense. It really added a danger factor to being knocked on the ground compared to what the Oki is in DOA5LR.

3. Include a maximum amount of times you can fail hold during stun:
DOA's triangle system is amazing. However it is tainted by those pricks who spam hold directions after every single hit when being an a stun position. As easy to read as it is with HiC Throws, it's just boring I suppose. I know at high-level play it isn't like this but the fact it's abusable like the way it is is simply jarring. All that needs to be done to stop the horseshit is to add a Critical Hold Limit into the next DOA. Like what the subtitle suggests, there would be a set maximum amount of times you can attempt to hold if stunned. I would say 3 times would be the perfect amount. After failing 3 times, you are open to a Critical Burst setup, HiC throws, or anything else. This enforces the player to think more about HOW they hold, and not to use it as a fallback mechanic in a panic. Holds would be more of a read system than a typical combo breaker.

4. Enable dash cancelling of sidesteps:
Do it like VF, and not like Tekken where characters frantically are moving on the screen (I love Tekken for this but it wouldn't work in DOA lmaoooo). After a few frames of a sidestep, I wish we could cancel it into a dash (Standing Forward or Standing Back. Crouch dashing would be disabled.) so that we aren't forced to either wait until the full animation is over to do a move that isn't a From Sidestep or do a sidestep attack. Imagine sidestepping an attack you predicted, then dash cancelling it to do a throw for punish? Shiiiiiiit my g.

5. Bring Character's :2::2: attacks back in a new way:
In DOA3 and 4, a lot of characters had moves with a :2::2: motion, which sidestepped the opponent's attack, and countered them. Some of these moves actually put enemies off-axis when performed. As :2::2:/:8::8: is now an option for sidestepping, these moves aren't possible to bring back like that. So it would be easier to include them as attacks from sidestep. These moves were quite viable. Just make em unsafe (Over -7) when blocked. I know Tina got hers, so why not the rest xD

6. Offensive Sidestepping:
This is borrowed from VF5:FS but it's a lit mechanic.
Press :H+P+K:whilst sidestepping to quickly dash to the side towards your opponent to do offensive sidesteps. Offensive sidesteps are very good against people who tech roll to either side as you can continue your pressure knockdown. OSs would not get sidestep attacks, and any attack the enemy does after the OS would track to you and get CH effect if used incorrectly. This would be to make the movement less cheap and actually punishable. However they have decent recovery but cannot be dash cancelled. Basically, you don't want to do this in neutral or if the enemy knows how to download that shit.

7. Include Crouching Recovery;
Let me get up and put myself in a crouching state instantly, dammit. xD
The consequence for it is getting hit by mids, but dodging highs and throws is good.

8. Make Blocking transition from Back-Turned Instant:
When back turned, it's already a disadvantage. If I am in a safe BT position (:ayane:) and I know that the enemy is going to an attack me, and I press :h:, I should turn around and block it instantly. As in, there is no interval frames to show my character turning around to block. They will be front facing and blocking on impact.

9. Make Stand Block > Crouch Blocking & vice-versa against attacks instantaneous, and increase general speed in Neutral Stand Block > Crouch Block:
I'mma use this quote because I know WAZAAAAA would be able to explain this better than I could lmaoooo

10. Take out Power Blows entirely or fix when you can do them and how they work:
As fun as they were in DOA5, its just another comeback mechanic. They look cool, but again, it's a comeback mechanic. You'd be able to do them at 50% health. If PBs stay, it would be better for the player to be at 30% or 25% so that it really is a last-ditch effort. Also let's not make them sidestep cancellable. Only because of the new sidestep mechanics, they would become broken. PB'ing in DOA6 would be a risky commitment and not something you charge up and cancel constantly in neutral game. They also need to be really really really unsafe. As in really unsafe. As in the "At risk of being hit by a PB or free launched if blocked" kinda unsafe. The guard break on PBs will be removed. The pro to PBs in DOA6 is that they absorb only one attack when charging, like an armour. I know I know I know I know that's very scrubby, but with all the other scrubby shit we tryna get rid of in DOA6 we gotta give the scrubs one thing. However, the armour is only in effect when the move is charging, after the wind effect has indicated ability to release and does not absorb lows, or throws. If you throw a person who is charging a PB, they will get Hi-Counter thrown, and now with the bar being red at 30 or 25%, they will most likely die. Before the wind effect comes out they will not get any armour at all and will get hit like a regular CH. As soon as you start charging the PB, the health bar stops glowing red, meaning you can't do it again. Even if you get countered when charging, there is no opportunity to attempt again. High-Risk-High-Reward, you know?

(I've got more. I'll update later xD. Feel free to roast me on these mechanic changes)
Don't get me wrong, DOA what it is now is still solid and dope. I'm not complaining at all.
I can't agree with the backturned one, if you put yourself in that situation I feel you should be punished for it and shouldn't have a means to escape it, just like of you do an unsafe attack

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I can't agree with the backturned one, if you put yourself in that situation I feel you should be punished for it and shouldn't have a means to escape it, just like of you do an unsafe attack
I didn't really explain that one properly, apologies. It's hard to put yourself in backturned position anyway but I mean what I said could be hella incorrect I haven't played DOA in a while. From what I thought I remembered was that like how ayane can put her self in a BT position (8P??) she could get hit although she was going to turn around to block. But I don't even know if that is correct. I would see it quite frequently (My bro is an Ayane player) although I would react with a jab quite late, she'd get hit in the frames where she is turning :(

However if I do an attack that puts me in BT, like Zack's 4H+K, I should be punished by any means.

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

Too bad the slow back->front transition has been a consistent source of exploits in the entire DOA franchise
Code:
https://my.mixtape.moe/jjvirj.mp4
https://my.mixtape.moe/ieduot.mp4
https://my.mixtape.moe/doldgf.mp4
https://my.mixtape.moe/uywoec.mp4
https://youtu.be/6CdJPFJ36dY
https://youtu.be/TDVOwR-8-0U
https://youtu.be/WRtL1klX-IM?t=12
https://youtu.be/wvntS4qmo8g?t=105
https://youtu.be/3CpigOflTBI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi8bmlAZ3yc
Imagine if you also couldn't block your back instantly on 2D fighters. Infinite free crossups lelll

Last edited:

Gultigargar

I didn't really explain that one properly, apologies. It's hard to put yourself in backturned position anyway but I mean what I said could be hella incorrect I haven't played DOA in a while. From what I thought I remembered was that like how ayane can put her self in a BT position (8P??) she could get hit although she was going to turn around to block. But I don't even know if that is correct. I would see it quite frequently (My bro is an Ayane player) although I would react with a jab quite late, she'd get hit in the frames where she is turning :(

However if I do an attack that puts me in BT, like Zack's 4H+K, I should be punished by any means.
I forgot if DOA5 works the same way, but in older DOAs, when you found yourself in a situation like that you should actually be using your backstep (:4::4:) instead of trying to block. Its really fast, and your hitboxes get really small or something, 'cause only moves with very long reach can it you when you do it. I'm not sure I like the idea of instant backturned blocking, especially when you already have a tool you can use in that situation that's very safe.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I forgot if DOA5 works the same way, but in older DOAs, when you found yourself in a situation like that you should actually be using your backstep (:4::4:) instead of trying to block. Its really fast, and your hitboxes get really small or something, 'cause only moves with very long reach can it you when you do it. I'm not sure I like the idea of instant backturned blocking, especially when you already have a tool you can use in that situation that's very safe.
True true, I do find myself backstepping after doing Zack's 44K which is like -5 on block and puts me in a BT position because it makes jabs and throws whiff. But sometimes in DOA5, especially now that being caught backdashing results in CH, you can often get jabbed or 6P'd out of the backdash as the hitboxes have been widened I think. Which is why I suggested the small change on the BT situation.

Gultigargar

On the topic of new game mechanics; DOA has had moves that change animation on hit for a while (Jann Lee's 46K, 8P+K down attacks, etc.). I think it could be interesting to see a similar feature of moves changing animations when blocked, like in Tekken. This gives the developers more freedom to play around with how moves behave in different situations.

Also something that's not really a game mechanic, but has been on my mind since I first played Soul Calibur 2. In that game, your movelist has sections that list a character's signature moves, fastest moves, and most damaging moves. I think that was a really useful thing to have and gave you a good starting point when trying to play a new character, and I'd love to see something similar implemented in future DOA games.

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Also something that's not really a game mechanic, but has been on my mind since I first played Soul Calibur 2. In that game, your movelist has sections that list a character's signature moves, fastest moves, and most damaging moves. I think that was a really useful thing to have and gave you a good starting point when trying to play a new character, and I'd love to see something similar implemented in future DOA games.
I fw this completely, wholeheartedly xD

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Power Launcher and Power Blow available at all points in a match but can only be used once per round (basically PB/PL at 100% or less health) provided they make a return.

Throw breaks on normal throws AND Offensive holds except on Hi Counter. I've finally come around to this but being a fan of big throws I want to see some form of a guaranteed normal throw. No, air throws can't be escapable, I'd probably quit the game if that happened.

Last edited:

XxNoriakixX

Oh, one thing I would love to see is a smaller buffer window (is that the correct term? Sorry I am not a native 'murrican). DoA was the only fighting game where I used a pad and now that I wanted to re-learn Ayane on an arcade stick, I must say that the input buffer is crazy. I can't even let her spin forward with 3 while being in her back turned stance because I get additional inputs most of the time, so that she simply starts to free step

Sotherius

Hmmmm...

Isms like in alpha 3? Different styles for each character that alther how that character could be played?

That would be difficult to balance, but i don't know, is something i always like.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I got more:

While Standing ("WS") Attacks:
This would be so dope to include, and also offers options in which ways to punish your opponent - something that I feel like DOA needs more of. Imagine blocking an unsafe low and WS punishing to get either a stun or minimal launch. Most characters' WS moves will go something like this:
WS :K:- Launch - Minimal launch can give mini-combos.
WS :P: - Stun Attack - To build on stun game and offense.
WS attacks will be very fast, in order to punish lows properly.
I've composed a list of all characters (That will probably return in DOA6) and their supposed WS moves. (Moves in brackets will be what the move actually looks like.)

Kasumi & Phase-4:
WS:P:: (:3::3::P:)
WS:K::K:: (:3::3::K::K:) P4 will be able to go into her teleportation stances from this.

Hayabusa:
WS:P:: (:P::+::K:)
(Hayabusa doesn't have a WS:K:)

Ayane:
WS:P: (2nd :P: of :6::P::P:) - This is her launcher
WS:K: (New animation - Think Kazuya df4)

Hayate:
WS:P: (:4::P:)
WS:K::K: (:3::3::K::K:)

Hitomi:
WS:P: (:3::P:)
WS:K: (EIN'S :3::3::K:)

Leifang:
WS:P: (:3::3::P:)
WS:K: (:P+K:)

Jann-Lee
WS:P: (DOA3 2nd :P: of :8::P::P: )
WS:K: (:7::K:) - Mid Hitting

Bayman:
WS:P: (:236::P:)
(Bayman already has WS:K:)

Zack:
WS:P: (DOA3 :8::8::P: w/o SS)
WS:K: (DOA3 :8::K: Mid-Hitting)

Gen-Fu
WS:P: (:8::P:)
WS:K: (:6_::K:)

Leon:
WS:P: (Bayman :3::3::P:)
WS:K: (Bayman :7::K:)

Helena:
WS:P::P: (:P::+::K::P:)
WS:K: (BKO :6::K:)

Ein:
WS:h::+::K: (Hitomi :4::h::+::K:)

Christie:
WS:P: (Last :P: of :P::P::2::P::P: type strings)
WS:K: (Sarah Knee)
WS:P::+::K: (:3::3::P:)

Eliot:
WS:K::K: (:9::K::K:)

Kokoro:
WS:P: (Last :P: of :P::P::6::P:)
WS:K::P: (Akira :6::K::P:)

Bass:
WS:P: (:3::3::P::+::K:) - This is his launcher
WS:K: (:K:) Mid Hitting

Tina:
WS:P: (Launcher Taunt)
WS:K: (Bass :7::K:)

Lisa:
WS:P: (Tina :4::P:)
WS:K: (:3::3::K:)

Brad Wong:
WS:P::P: (Gen-Fu :2::P::+::K::4::6::P:)
WS:K: (:3::K:)

Rig:
WS:P: (2nd :P: of :P::6::P:)
WS:K: (:8::K:)

Mila:
WS:P: (Zack's Duck :P::+::K:)
WS:K: (Zack's :6::6::K:)

Marie Rose:
WS:P: (Imagine Lili's df2)
WS:K: (Imagine Lili's Matterhorn)

Honoka:
WS:P: (Brad's :214::P:)
WS:K: (Leifang's :6::6::K:)

Raidou:
WS:P: (Imagine a typical gut punch)
WS:2::3: :5: :P: (1-Frame Electric)

Nyotengu:
WS:K: (:4::K:)

Momiji:
WS:K: (Hayabusa :7::K:)

Rachel:
WS:P: (Bayman's :214::P:)
WS:K: (:9::K:)

WAZAAAAA

I got more:

This would be so dope to include, and also offers options in which ways to punish your opponent - something that I feel like DOA needs more of. Imagine blocking an unsafe low and WS punishing to get either a stun or minimal launch. Most characters' WS moves will go something like this:
I've composed a list of all characters (That will probably return in DOA6) and their supposed WS moves. (Moves in brackets will be what the move actually looks like.)

Kasumi & Phase-4:
WS:K::K:: (:3::3::K::K:) P4 will be able to go into her teleportation stances from this.

Hayabusa:

Ayane:

Hayate:

Hitomi:

Leifang:

Jann-Lee

Bayman:

Zack:

Gen-Fu

Leon:

Helena:

Ein:

Christie:

Eliot:

Kokoro:

Bass:

Tina:

Lisa:

Brad Wong:

Rig:

Mila:

Marie Rose:

Honoka:

Raidou:

Nyotengu:

Momiji:

Rachel:

Found the kekken maniac lul

It's called WHILE RISING and the mechanic already exists in the game. It's actually called while rising inside of the actual Tekken games too, but the community renamed it to "while standing" for whatever retarded reason
W7cCThD.png

Having such a significant amount of your moves locked behind while rising is honestly clunky as shit, DOA handles it much better by having way less moves with that limit.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I got more:

Kasumi & Phase-4:

Hayabusa:

Ayane:

Hayate:

Hitomi:

Leifang:

Jann-Lee

Bayman:

Zack:

Gen-Fu

Leon:

Helena:

Ein:

Christie:

Eliot:

Kokoro:

Bass:

Tina:

Lisa:

Brad Wong:

Rig:

Mila:

Marie Rose:

Honoka:

Raidou:

Nyotengu:

Momiji:

Rachel:

While Standing/While Rising moves already exist in DOA5LR like WAZAAAAAA mentioned and are usually denoted by:3_::5: (which implies that you can buffer WR moves by inputting 33~ then releasing). WR moves are standard for all characters in SoulCalibur & Tekken, but are variable for VF & DOA characters (I.e., only certain characters have WR moves). WR moves work in SC & Tekken due to the gameplay focus, though VF & DOA don't focus on the "Punish unsafe low for 50%+ damage" like Tekken bases its gameplay around. DOA is more about maintaining momentum over your opponent to win a round as opposed to winning off of a couple inescapable combos. DOA also doesn't have lows that can lead to 60-70%+ damage inescapable combos. Remember that DOA & Tekken are not the same game and shouldn't thrive to be like each other.

However, WC (While Crouching) moves are pretty much standard across the board in VF. I get what you mean, though characters like Akira can already get strong punishes on unsafe lows with his WR~46P. IMO, WR punishes are unnecessary in DOA because low punishes are performed with low throws, which can actually deal pretty hefty damage such as NyoTengu's stronger low throw.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that DOA doesn't need to strive to be more like Tekken, it just needs to tighten up some of its mechanics and it'll be fine.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
but the community renamed it to "while standing" for whatever retarded reason.

I believe the reason for that (retarted reason incoming) is because the community listed their WR as "While Running". A huge number of characters in Tekken have running moves that are positive on block to continue offense and that they added videos and tricks to perform while running moves up close to develop ways to gain offense for characters who have poor frame traps in their movelists or poking situations.

Dragunov is a prime example of a character who has one that tracks, plus on block, and nails him a combo if it lands on CH. It's cases like those where it can be abused so they had to come up with a term for it somewhat.

Though personally, they could of just wrote RUN, f, f+3 or 3x fs and it's worse enough on trying to remember notations with lower cases and bad placements text from the players over there when you are trying to read them.

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
While I am a tekken maniac *kappa*, I was just thinking about While Rising attacks when coming back to this game and played Bayman and Hayabusa again. I was just thinking about it like - "Rah what if everyone had this" and that's when I came back to this good old thread you know?

I also don't think it's necessary at all for DOA to have WR/WS attacks to be completely honest because we don't need to crouch cancel etc to punish properly, as FoN aforementioned that we got throws to use. I just thought it would be nice to add into the game as an option select (that would be made redundant out the box) for players that don't necessarily know the frames but feel like they can punish shit with attacks maybe.

But yeah I see where you guys are coming from, because you know......... this ain't tekken lul *kappa*

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD