DOA6 DOA6 Gameplay Wish List

Onryoki

Standard Donor
While I am a tekken maniac *kappa*, I was just thinking about While Rising attacks when coming back to this game and played Bayman and Hayabusa again. I was just thinking about it like - "Rah what if everyone had this" and that's when I came back to this good old thread you know?

I also don't think it's necessary at all for DOA to have WR/WS attacks to be completely honest because we don't need to crouch cancel etc to punish properly, as FoN aforementioned that we got throws to use. I just thought it would be nice to add into the game as an option select (that would be made redundant out the box) for players that don't necessarily know the frames but feel like they can punish shit with attacks maybe.

But yeah I see where you guys are coming from, because you know......... this ain't tekken lul *kappa*
I rather not want this game to become like tekken, like why do we need while rising attacks anyway ?

crapoZK

Standard Donor
i was bored so I made some more:
218.png_large

SYKE
I rather not want this game to become like tekken, like why do we need while rising attacks anyway ?
We don't, I just had an idea one time at like 1am nvm me lol

Lulu

I don't want anything new so much as I want existing mechanics to have minor Tweaks.

I actually like DoA5 and have yet to get reach the point where I've had my fill. So theres no rush.

breathofflame34

I want a report feature in DOA 6, So i can report these idiots. I kep running into the same guy, he mains Sarah, and does nothing except for a high punch that ends up getting you stun locked, into a series of him doijng that punch for the entire match, and you being unabel to move, he's b rank, and is on a 11 win strewak on ranked because of his crap.

WAZAAAAA

I want a report feature in DOA 6, So i can report these idiots. I kep running into the same guy, he mains Sarah, and does nothing except for a high punch that ends up getting you stun locked, into a series of him doijng that punch for the entire match, and you being unabel to move, he's b rank, and is on a 11 win strewak on ranked because of his crap.
whatever you may have seen is not real, you just don't know the counter to it, please complete the tutorial, it's well-made and teaches you a lot

WAZAAAAA

So, that's going to help me when I'm being juggled against a wall by it?
you can't do anything during juggle status, that is universal

don't get cornered bro

wake up kicks in this game are very strong, don't be afraid to use them, they are basically invincible for the whole startup

to deal with that funny loop you can:
- easy solution: interrupt with your fastest crouching strike (2P) since she is mostly doing high moves, just like you did at 0:08 of the video
- more damaging solution: high hold, which also works while you're stunned (7H)
- you can also block the last punch before the loop and respond with your fastest strike (P) since the move is minus on block, but I don't recommend trying that in the lag
- the moves have no tracking so you can actually side step them and reiterate in some points (2H+P+K > K or P) but this is a bit harder
- with Hitomi you can even 9H hold which beats both high punch and mid punch moves at the same time

Just saying, there are no "crap" strategies in fighting games, both players are free to do anything to win. The sooner you learn this, the sooner you will start to adapt and git gud.

Last edited:

Radiance

Input a throw break system. Throws that leave players standing usually give a good amount of frame advantage, or in some cases set up's for a combo/mixup. I always felt like having unbreakable throws (i4, and i5 throws being the exception) punished players for having good defense. .

Of course this rule wouldn't apply to true throw punishes (this includes i4/i5 throws as well), or CH throws.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Well tell me how to counter this

Sarah's PPP6/Forward Slide~PP is a shenanigan. It's just all straight high punches. Any high crush will stuff it, particularly instant hi-crushes preferably like has been implied earlier in the thread.

Like WAZAAAAAA implied, there are no foolproof illegitimate strategies in DOA5LR. Every shenanigan can be dealt with as long as the correct counter has been learned. However, I will concur that Sarah's one of the most annoying characters to deal with in DOA5LR regardless of skill level and thankfully will be gone in DOA6.

As for mechanics I wouldn't mind having the capability to sidestep off of a forward dash or backdash like in VF or Tekken (eg. Think 6622, 4488, etc). Preferably also with "linear" strings that don't retrack. I feel that the current sidestep-based movement system in DOA is a bit lacking.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Why are people trying to make this game
Like SFV MK or tekken with meter bars, EX moves and all that other 2D crap ? Doa is fine the way it is the only things that I would like in DOA is a low parry and more types of stuns.

Radiance

Maybe moves specifically to sabaki lows (which i think more characters should have, sabaki's.) but we don't need low parries. Just hold.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD