DOA6 Trailer and Gameplay Breakdown

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Hmmmm.... I'm not sure I like the sound of that unless they heavily reduced the damage on them. People being able to do M.D.Ts without baiting the hold out, or doing a Deja Vu with one input kind of breaks the wow factor of them being executed perfectly mid match by someone who puts the work into getting them right.

Might be neat if there "Was" a break throw mechanic that simply made combo throws unbreakable though as that would be preferable to me over whatever that auto combo into high damage ender mechanic is lmao

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yes, shimbori said in one of the Famitsu articles that it was a macro for H+P+K and they made the button since it's easier to press SSSS instead of H+P+K H+P+K H+P+K H+P+K.

Any news how the sidesteps are implemented and the difference between the two? Is this like VF style offensive SS attacks and regular SS?

MasterHavik

Curious to see how the grapplers are handled this time around.

Also cautious on how the counter/high counter throws and OHs are balanced since theres always the potential for them being broken at launch.

They didnt put any of the grapplers in the trailer or gameplay video which is a real shame since they're a big part of the game. Would have figured they would put atleast Tina, Bass, or Bayman in there but I guess I'll just have to wait and see if we get any more info on that.
Yeah their balance will be important. I hope Lisa is in.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Any news how the sidesteps are implemented and the difference between the two? Is this like VF style offensive SS attacks and regular SS?

From what I understand at the moment, when you press :8::H+P+K: or :2::H+P+K: (or 8S/2S) then it does a sidestep attack. I haven't played the demo yet as I'm not at E3, but will be at evo to try it out since they're having a demo on display there. We don't know yet if a strings will retrack or not after being side stepped. You can see my breakdown of what we do know here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/271497832

Now, it stands to reason that since the animation is rather long, it might be that strings don't re-track. However we also don't know how disadvantaged the attack is on guard. It does do a lot of damage if it lands since it is given a CLOSE HIT property and causes knockback.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm starting to like the new changes. Since H+P+K is the new break mechanic macro, I wonder how tagging in/out will be handled.

Yes, shimbori said in one of the Famitsu articles that it was a macro for H+P+K and they made the button since it's easier to press SSSS instead of H+P+K H+P+K H+P+K H+P+K.
Did Shinbori say what new macro will be used for jabs (H+P+K was originally the macro for jabs in DOA5)?

Maybe the grapplers will introduce a new mechanic ? Break Throw ?
Oh boy, I can already picture the agony of what the non-grapplers will go through if this happens l0l

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I heard that damge of hi counter hits is 2*normal hits now
Is it work on all kinds of attacks?or only works on throw&close hit

From what I understand, Hi Counter revision damage is 1.6x instead of 1.5x.
Close Hit revision damage is now 2x (overrides the counter hit level last I checked).

Monkeygigabuster

From what I understand, Hi Counter revision damage is 1.6x instead of 1.5x.
Close Hit revision damage is now 2x (overrides the counter hit level last I checked).
In the famitsu interview it is mentioned that in DOA5 Hi Counter of a close hit was 1.6x (for example: Akira close hit shoulder is 90 (1.5x) while hi counter close hit is 96 (1.6x).

So I think the 2x is only applieed to hi counter close hit for now. Regular Counter and Hi counter is still 1.25 and 1.5x

Shiranui

Not sure where to put this and if someone already posted in any of all other topics about DOA6. Is it there a DOA6 Main Topic for news, media and facts, not just opinions?

Off screen gameplay. Jan Lee vs Jan Lee / Jan Lee vs Kasumi

OMG
fnbriw.jpg

Derock

Not sure where to put this and if someone already posted in any of all other topics about DOA6. Is it there a DOA6 Main Topic for news, media and facts, not just opinions?

Off screen gameplay. Jan Lee vs Jan Lee / Jan Lee vs Kasumi

OMG
fnbriw.jpg

Honestly, I would be mad but its actually pretty cool to see that. We need Helena next. But I know once Marie Rose and Honoka's announcements, everyone will try to Fatal Blow'd them and bring the receipts.

Tina2040_

Honestly, I would be mad but its actually pretty cool to see that. We need Helena next. But I know once Marie Rose and Honoka's announcements, everyone will try to Fatal Blow'd them and bring the receipts.

Since everyone's talking about SJW and censorship, I'd be more concerned about this over outfits tbh. The US media is going to have a field day over this. Not necessarily because of the thing itself, but because "men" can inflict this on women. SJW culture will attack this game, no doubt.
Mortal Kombat is not a valid comparison because the game's ESRB rating is higher and the violence is unrealistic.

MajesticBlue

One of the biggest changes I would like to see is the buffer and engine to loosen up and feel a little more fluid. Though, I may be in the minority there. At some point in one of Doa5s patches I felt the changes to the engine while minor, made the game feel stiff and it seemed to eat inputs like crazy.

On another note, I hate the idea of meter and comeback mechanics in general...but I will hope for the best because I miss the game. Just hope it will treat me a little better than 5 did :p Hope the game rocks and we get some pre-release tournaments!

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Since everyone's talking about SJW and censorship, I'd be more concerned about this over outfits tbh. The US media is going to have a field day over this. Not necessarily because of the thing itself, but because "men" can inflict this on women. SJW culture will attack this game, no doubt.
Mortal Kombat is not a valid comparison because the game's ESRB rating is higher and the violence is unrealistic.
It's fortunate then that the people you're talking about who are going to generate controversy, aren't the ones buying the game and therefore have no weight on TN's mind. Let them try to shame it. It will not decrease sales. It will not invoke change.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
From what I understand at the moment, when you press :8::H+P+K: or :2::H+P+K: (or 8S/2S) then it does a sidestep attack. I haven't played the demo yet as I'm not at E3, but will be at evo to try it out since they're having a demo on display there. We don't know yet if a strings will retrack or not after being side stepped. You can see my breakdown of what we do know here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/271497832

Now, it stands to reason that since the animation is rather long, it might be that strings don't re-track. However we also don't know how disadvantaged the attack is on guard. It does do a lot of damage if it lands since it is given a CLOSE HIT property and causes knockback.

That sounds very incomplete. Or it may be a design decision to simplify things by making things even more binary when choosing linear vs. tracking.

Is there a noticeable change to the stun threshold system? That would be a positive change.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD