Does DOA5 fix DOA4 Brad issues?

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Does anybody know if well know DOA4 Brad issues have been fixed in DOA5...? These ones are:
  1. 2F+P and LFT 2F+P could be punished when conects succesfully (...!)
  2. Second hit of while rising K could not be canceled but can be holded (please somebody corrects me if this is not true because I have long time not playing DOA4 and my 360 actually doesn't work) (I do mean WR K rather than WR KK)
  3. Brad does not have low OH from lay stances (so he has not options against fast lows with crouching status such as 2P)
  4. Brad lacks an effective tool intended for fast mids when he is in neutral stance and close to opponent, or in DHO (actual Brad options are too slow or only works against "high" mids rather than all mids) (perhaps new DOA5 side steping from neutral stance will be enough to solve this issue but DHO has not side step)

But point 3, it has been verified all have been fixed! :D

Has somebody tested if lying side steps help to avoid fast lows? It could count as fix for point 3... :)

blackgenma

But point 3, it has been verified all have been fixed! :D

Has somebody tested if lying side steps help to avoid fast lows? It could count as fix for point 3... :)

Wait, by OH, you mean offensive hold right? I could have sworn that his 2P+G during his LFT (or was it LHT) was listed as OH in the small move list on the right hand corner during gamepaly, or is it just a regular throw?

Edit: nope, I'm thinking of his neutral throw during his LFT, which is an OH for....highs it looks like? either way, disregard.

DR Balrog

I just love how this character still after nearly a decade of existence he still doesn't have a viable "get off me" for characters that can just harass him and stick to him like glue

blackgenma

I just love how this character still after nearly a decade of existence he still doesn't have a viable "get off me" for characters that can just harass him and stick to him like glue

isn't that what the hold system does? it acts as a reversal.

Tulkas

Premium Donor

I think DOA5 side steps acts a bit as get-off-me move for every characte (including Brad) because almost all stick-like-glue moves are the fastest ones and lacks tracking property (but throws...). I also think SS k (DHO) p+h is a nice get-off-me choice ;) .

DR Balrog

i

isn't that what the hold system does? it acts as a reversal.

no because a character like hitomi who can stay in your face and wants you to guess high/low wants you to try defensive hold something so she can get the Hi counter throw/strike and now you're worse off then before

I think DOA5 side steps acts a bit as get-off-me move for every characte (including Brad) because almost all stick-like-glue moves are the fastest ones and lacks tracking property (but throws...). I also think SS k (DHO) p+h is a nice get-off-me choice ;) .

not true hayabusa has some of the most grimey tracking moves while sticking to his opponent if he chooses to rush down where imo he excels. i.e. I sidestep if I'm not already getting izuna dropped then I know one of his tracking moves are soon to come with brad only have mid kick and mid punch(both of the choices are extremely slow) coming out of the sidestep both moves are seeable. I get what you're saying brad's sly mobility should get him out of jams but to be honest they don't. I hate complaining but it's hard out here for a brad player (hustle & flow tone) lolol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD