Does DOA5 fix DOA4 Brad issues?

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Does anybody know if well know DOA4 Brad issues have been fixed in DOA5...? These ones are:
  1. 2F+P and LFT 2F+P could be punished when conects succesfully (...!)
  2. Second hit of while rising K could not be canceled but can be holded (please somebody corrects me if this is not true because I have long time not playing DOA4 and my 360 actually doesn't work) (I do mean WR K rather than WR KK)
  3. Brad does not have low OH from lay stances (so he has not options against fast lows with crouching status such as 2P)
  4. Brad lacks an effective tool intended for fast mids when he is in neutral stance and close to opponent, or in DHO (actual Brad options are too slow or only works against "high" mids rather than all mids) (perhaps new DOA5 side steping from neutral stance will be enough to solve this issue but DHO has not side step)
Also, I take this opportunity to mention other possible smalls (but good) improvement for Brad just for balancing or variety IMO (I'm not intending to overpowering him):
  1. Brad should have at least one (fast enough) attack for each hold level in all stances (in order to decrease counter holds posibilities against Brad), for example: add mid punch attack from LFT
  2. Make BT 6K 6 and BT 6K 4 last moves could be performed from other attacks (rather than BT 6K) or even performed just alone (it would be another stylish tool for spacing and confusing opponent)
  3. An OH from BT
  4. Increase DHO F+K low crush capabilities
  5. And finally please restore spin stun from F+K on normal hit (I've already detailed this issue in http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/jann-lee-vs-brad-wong-1-doa5-august-build.497/)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Not much has been said about him, though DrDogg specified at SJ6 that he is not high tier. He's definitely better than he used to be, but it remains to be seen if he's viable.

Allan Paris

2F+P and LFT 2F+P could be punished when conects succesfully
This throw is no longer punishable.

Brad does not have low OH from lay stances (so he has not options against fast lows with crouching status such as 2P
He can still be hit out of his stances where he's laying on the ground. His grabs are still there.

Brad lacks an effective tool intended for fast mids when he is in neutral stance and close to opponent, or in DHO (actual Brad options are too slow or only works against "high" mids rather than all mids) (perhaps new DOA5 side steping from neutral stance will be enough to solve this issue but DHO has not side step)

He is still slow, you'll need to deal with that as a player if you chose to play him. He has picked up some new tricks though. You should watch the GVN matches where Chosen1 shows him off.

DrDogg

After taking Brad into the lab, I feel he's at the top of the low tier, or the bottom of the mid tier. Same issues most other stance characters have Brad has as well. He does have good lows and crush attacks though.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
After taking Brad into the lab, I feel he's at the top of the low tier, or the bottom of the mid tier. Same issues most other stance characters have Brad has as well. He does have good lows and crush attacks though.

Good to finally hear some news about him. Too bad he's still down there. Four games in a row now. I guess I probably won't be picking him up then.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
What are you all complaining about? He's finally escaped Brad tier!

Ha ha, yeah, and I'm certainly happy to hear that, but it sound like a very minor improvement. I'll still play around with him just because I love Zui Quan, but I really doubt that I'll be maining him.

blackgenma

sounds like great news. I might main him or sub him now knowing that he's not forever alone in his horribleness. I've got limited experience with gimmicky stance characters like him, so it should be fun.

shunwong

Sounds good to me.

Excuse my ignorance but what are crush attacks?

BTW how is Brad's throw game?

Also, what are the issues all stance characters have in DOA as compared to VF?

Sorry for all the questions!!!

DrDogg

Sounds good to me.

Excuse my ignorance but what are crush attacks?

BTW how is Brad's throw game?

Also, what are the issues all stance characters have in DOA as compared to VF?

Sorry for all the questions!!!

Crush attacks are tech crouch/tech jump attacks. They go under highs or over lows.

Brad's throw game is about average. Nothing that really stands out.

The issues are that he has great difficulty entering his stances safely if the opponent blocks.

shunwong

Crush attacks are tech crouch/tech jump attacks. They go under highs or over lows.

Brad's throw game is about average. Nothing that really stands out.

The issues are that he has great difficulty entering his stances safely if the opponent blocks.

Thanks for the answer!

So crush attacks are attacks with evasive properties. I love those attacks. They are my favourites.

Entering stances will probably require either a safe distance or conditioning the opponent/catching him offguard I guess? What are your recommendations for stance entering?

DrDogg

Entering stances will probably require either a safe distance or conditioning the opponent/catching him offguard I guess? What are your recommendations for stance entering?

The game is not designed with safety in mind. You can transition into stances from a distance, but then the stance is not effective. The game is basically designed assuming that everything hits or that you're only attacking during a stun.

The only recommendation I can give is to read the opponent well and use Brad's evasive attacks to enter stance on hit instead of on block.

shunwong

The game is not designed with safety in mind. You can transition into stances from a distance, but then the stance is not effective. The game is basically designed assuming that everything hits or that you're only attacking during a stun.

The only recommendation I can give is to read the opponent well and use Brad's evasive attacks to enter stance on hit instead of on block.

Thanks for the tip. I'm all for evasive attacks. Evasive attacks all the way from here to Mexico. :)

HoodsXx

Even with all of the "minor" changes, I"m still maining him from DoA3 days. It's good that he got some improvement.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD