DrDogg...

TheTHCGamer

No guide is perfect and this guide is pretty damn solid i got some useful information for the characters i main so its most definitely worth picking up if your interested. Its in my opinion the BEST fighting game guide prima has released and i wouldnt be saying this if the guide didnt actually help me get better which it did. Theres a lot of useful information in the guide and with the terrible instruction booklet that has hardly any info im glad i have the guide.

I remember when instruction booklets use to at least feature the moves list for ever character and the last one i have that has the entire moves list is VF5 for the 360. Gone are the days when fighting game instruction booklets were worth reading on the crapper. In the end most of the information in the guide is spot on so a few mistakes here in there doesnt keep it from being great which it is.

So glad i was able to pick one up free at best buy one of the best deals ive ever got for buying a fighting game.

DrDogg

So is it safe to assume that your also a fan of the smash bros games Bryan? I am been playing those games since the first one was released on N64 and its pretty much been the reason i purchased my last 2 nintendo consoles.

One of the first guides I wrote was for the import version of Smash 64. I actually coined a few terms in the community such as "edge guarding". I also wrote a guide for Smash Melee that was featured on a bunch of sites, but I never had time to properly finish it.

I'm a big Smash fan, but only in the casual sense. I'm not a fan of 1v1 tournament Smash. It's a game that I greatly enjoy with four players, in a free-for-all setting, with items on.

TheTHCGamer

One of the first guides I wrote was for the import version of Smash 64. I actually coined a few terms in the community such as "edge guarding". I also wrote a guide for Smash Melee that was featured on a bunch of sites, but I never had time to properly finish it.

I'm a big Smash fan, but only in the casual sense. I'm not a fan of 1v1 tournament Smash. It's a game that I greatly enjoy with four players, in a free-for-all setting, with items on.
Same here i think items just make the game more intense and the same with having to deal with 3 other players at once. Tag battles in smash are also fun and i cant wait to play the next smash which im buying a Wii U just to play. I of course would take off certain items though like hammers but other than that items were on.

Me and my friends would have sessions of smash that would last until the morning. Lol im not going to lie i love me some smash bros i just wish nintendo would stop online gaming like its 1995. Friend codes suck and brawls online was worst than terrible. Friend matches with players that where near by were great but random matches were far from unplayable.

I even had a Lan so i was playing on my Wii with a wired connection and i really hope the new smash bros plays great online however i doubt it since its nintendo.

Onslaught X

Ahh, the times of Brawl. Good times...hell, some of the best times in my life were playing Melee and Brawl with friends.

I played Melee competitively all the time. There was a surprisingly big scene in Colorado at the time, and I even threw down a few matches on Gamebatttles every now and then. Must have gone to at least 20 Melee events, some of them even having cash prizes (got second one time and won 200 bucks). I really hope the next Smash Bros goes back to it's Melee roots. I played a mean Mewtwo and Marth, but when Brawl came out...I dunno, Marth was so different and Mewtwo wasn't even there. :mad: I ended up maining Olimar and Dedede and then kind of stuck to the (shitty) online scene.

If Nintendo manages to bring the next Smash Bros to competitive standards again, I will drop every other fighter I'm currently focused on and embrace the franchise with warm, loving arms.

ScattereDreams

Unfortunately, in order to make the frame data as accurate as possible with the day one patch, we had to use files directly from Tecmo. I was not able to verify any of the data since I did not have access to a day one patch build of the game. Because of this, there may be some slight issues here and there, but it shouldn't be anything major. We had to sacrifice the ability to double/triple check everything, in favor of overall accuracy.

I got a discount anyway, so it's all good.

lucky jim

Thanks, DrDogg. The guide is proving itself extremely useful in helping me learn the game. Can't remember the last time I was playing without it open and checking it regularly. Guides like these really are a must for new players who really want to get deep into the game.

I'd say the best parts so far are the explanation behind the key moves and offensive and defensive writeups for the characters. Knowing why you should follow a certain gameplan or why certain moves are useful helps me understand the overall game mechanics far better as well. haven't done it yet, but I plan to read through all the character sections, since I'm sure there's a lot of useful info regardless if I'm playing the character or not.

Was also amazed at the contrast between this guide and the TTT2 guide.. after reading THAT I started getting a little worried.

I wish I could praise the guide with y'all but there is one thing that has annoyed me with it. Every character with stance. The guide doesn't list what move puts you directly in the the stance. Helena's :2: :P+K: is not listed in her move list. Most characters with stances have that problem.
Other than that, this guide has really stepped my game up.

Those are actually there in the move list, under a "Special Moves" section.

DR2K

So Hitomi's hold data section is wrong, infact it's her throw data section copy and paste'd onto it. How did that happen, lol? I kind of read it like it's a bible, so yeah I'm spotting a few more small errors.(like the letter T instead of throw symbol for some moves)

Lobo

Ahh, Brawl... can basically sum up my entire college life. Late nights almost every night till 3am, even if we had class the next day. I can still remember my Ike running around aimlessly trying to get one big fsmash in. I was a monster in 4 player ffa matches, because I could get lost in the mayhem, but 1v1, pssh... would get completely owned.

Anyways back on topic, I think my question about the e-version got ignored, so I was just putting that out there again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD