Eliot nerf or not?

Doug Nguyen

Sorry how to wrote that has left me a bit confused you mean one parry covers all high and mid attacks or he has one for high and mid punches and another for high and mid kicks?
I think one parry covers all highs and mids. Thats why everyone is complaining over on DOAworld

Jefffcore

Sounds like a free Dragon Gunner to me :cool:. The easier it is to do, the easier it should be to stop.

Also, it's a parry, so it can only be done from neutral.

Doug Nguyen

Sounds like a free Dragon Gunner to me. The easier it is to do, the easier it should be to stop.

Also, it's a parry, so it can only be done from neutral.
Yeah so wouldnt the smart thing to do is hit low or bait him into hitting his parry or even grab.

Omegan Eckhart

I think one parry covers all highs and mids. Thats why everyone is complaining over on DOAworld
That sounds pretty stupid, it just makes Eliot a scrubby character. I'm all him getting guaranteed stuff off of a parry but one parry that eliminates all attacks except lows is just dumb. The Eliot player should be rewarded for playing well not just given a tool that trashes 90% of the attacks in the game.

Doug Nguyen

That sounds pretty stupid, it just makes Eliot a scrubby character. I'm all him getting guaranteed stuff off of a parry but one parry that eliminates all attacks except lows is just dumb. The Eliot player should be rewarded for playing well not just given a tool that trashes 90% of the attacks in the game.
Yeah well its kinda a double edged sword. Because most Elliot players will rely on it so just keep low hitting, grabbing and baiting for the parry. It should be enough damage so they will stop relying on parrying since those hits will either be counter strikes/holds and even hi counters ones. Im glad Kasumi and Christie dont have parries like that because i know i would be spamming those out like no other, and that normally gets be killed with high leveled players.

Blazeincarnated

Ask for buffs, not nerfs.

Anytime you ask for a nerf on a character you are asking for a nerf to your game.

It would not surprise me that the folks on DOAW do not understand the logic behind this 100%, but they should be told that asking for a nerf to ANYTHING they don't fully understand is a horrifically bad idea.
They are fuckin retarded, thats why i dont like going on that site...

LondonLust

Not surprising, most of the DOAW community doesn't know much about the actual gameplay and mechanics.

But no, his parries shouldn't be nerfed at all lol. That's really dumb, since Eliot isn't very good in the first place. If anything I think they should be buffed...

Doug Nguyen

I hope no one from DOAW freaks out over here but i go on DOAW occasionally because there really fast on pictures and leaks.

x Sypher x

Fuck no! Eliot deserves the buffs he got, there is no reason to nerf him at all! The scrubs at DOAW can go fuck themselves with that BS. I hope TN doesn't lurk around those forums, the last thing they need is bad feedback. I personally like the fact his parry covers both highs and mids, and i think any character that can parry should have this. Even if it can be abused/overused, it can also be punished just as much if you're reckless. It's a tool that should be feared but also used wisely.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
like i said they were freaking out cause they heard Dogg call him broken.after constant debates of telling them that Dogg is someone that knows what hes doing id be disappointed if they didn't take him seriously.

Allan Paris

Why would you think this? His parries work the same way as they do in DOA4, now he gets guaranteed launchers from them. Eliot is fine, he's linear, strings are easily seen, and his launchers are still the same so he is crippled in that department. Don't get me wrong, he is top tier as he is now, you just need to figure out ways around him. Lopedo did it just fine.

Thinking is free. I wonder when people will figure that out.

DrDogg

They misunderstood. Eliot has 2 parries, 1 that does all highs and 1 that does all mids. Both give him enough advantage to get a free launcher. He's top tier because he basically has a 3-point hold that gives him a free combo for more damage than most other character's holds.

He's not overpowered, but he destroys characters who don't have a strong throw game, good low attacks or a good sidestep attack. You need at least two of those options to stand even with a solid Eliot player.

He doesn't need to be nerfed, but he is really good.

Doug Nguyen

Why would you think this? His parries work the same way as they do in DOA4, now he gets guaranteed launchers from them. Eliot is fine, he's linear, strings are easily seen, and he has not new launchers so is still crippled in that department. Don't get me wrong, he is top tier as he is now, you just need to figure out ways around him. Lopedo did it just fine.

Thinking is free. I wonder when people will figure that out.
I was just listening to other people. I never played as Elliot.

TRI Mike

I may not be the most strat-savvy person in the world, nor the most skilled, but as a regular at DOAW, I'll be dad-gummed if I'm gonna be labeled "fuckin' retarded".

Dude but you gotta admit that when it comes to gameplay talking, DOAW is not very good. They're very fast with leaks and bikini pictures in super hires but don't expect good convos about gameplay mechanics over there. I post here and lurk there and like both sites but the truth is there.

Now, for the Eliot thing, nerfing him would be extremely retarded. I'd rather have all characters buffed to his level or simply learn how to overcome his parries and 9-frame palm. I'm actually really happy to see him as one of the most powerful characters in the game. I hope TN doesn't do anything bad to him because of the ignorant opinion of the casual players.

phoenix1985gr

They misunderstood. Eliot has 2 parries, 1 that does all highs and 1 that does all mids. Both give him enough advantage to get a free launcher. He's top tier because he basically has a 3-point hold that gives him a free combo for more damage than most other character's holds.

He's not overpowered, but he destroys characters who don't have a strong throw game, good low attacks or a good sidestep attack. You need at least two of those options to stand even with a solid Eliot player.

He doesn't need to be nerfed, but he is really good.

Well thats good thats been clarified... I seriously thought he had only one that parries both highs and mids from watching the streams the other day and i thought it might be a bit too much...

Just out of curiosity assuming lei fang still got her parries from neutral how much advantage does she get? Anything guarranteed? Or hitomi from her punch parries

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD