EVO 2013: DoA5 has a shot! But there's a catch...

evo.jpg

So the EVO 2013 lineup was announced just moments ago on Wakeup SRK, and it's the largest EVO roster in years. Dead or Alive 5, unfortunately, is not on the main roster. This is due in no small part to a lack of consistent offline support in comparison to other games. We've been on the upswing, especially after the solid showing at NEC, however we have a lot of building to do yet. This is something that we're still working hard on changing, but this is currently our reality.

Now, the title says we still have a shot, and we do, but that catch is really going to put us in a put up or shut up position like never before! The Player's Choice slot, EVO 2013's eighth title, goes to the community and game that donates the most money to a chosen charity. The other part was that the game had to receive more than 500 votes in the poll that ran on the EVO Facebook page, which we did pull off. As of this writing, the donation page (link at the top) states we have 21 days to donate as much as we can, or til the end of January.

This is a chance for the entire DoA community to back our game. Online players, offline players, stream monsters, EVERYONE has an equal opportunity to help out the community. If you can't travel, toss a few bucks at the donation. If you prefer online play for any reason, donate anyway. If you do travel, definitely donate. Everyone should be donating as much as they can so that we can get our game back on the EVO main stage. Even if that doesn't happen, your money still goes to charity.

So DoA community: FSD members and DoAWorld members, online and offline players, casuals and pros...the time to step up or stay off to the side is coming!

started a thread already if u want to merge, no rules for studio/companies for putting donations in so it will prolly be All Stars or injustice

PSallstars was a mega failure, I doubt Sony is willing to put anymore money into it.

Injustice maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if Team Ninja helped out, they love breasts.

ps allstars failure....lay off the weed broski. Smash going to take the last spot. They got a bone and they are going to take it.

PSABR flopped hard at retail and that's a fact. This will come down to corporate support most likely, but anything is possible. It is also possible that corporate support may not count, though the current word is that it will.

PSallstars was a mega failure, I doubt Sony is willing to put anymore money into it.

Injustice maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if Team Ninja helped out, they love breasts.
Post of the month, dude. Post of the dad-gummed month.

On topic, donating looks like something I can do.

it's still growing bro. Give it time. Besides...i wouldn't say that doa is all lolipops and cotton candy...sold well...but no majors besides fr16 wants us. to be honest with you...ps all stars and smash deserve the last spot. Why? Because i know guys in bot communities working their asses off. they get my five dollars.

btw....SFXT and umvc3 didn't sell either and people still play it. Sells only matter to certain point bro.

it's still growing bro. Give it time. Besides...i wouldn't say that doa is all lolipops and cotton candy...sold well...but no majors besides fr16 wants us. to be honest with you...ps all stars and smash deserve the last spot. Why? Because i know guys in bot communities working their asses off. they get my five dollars.

btw....SFXT and umvc3 didn't sell either and people still play it. Sells only matter to certain point bro.

Then why are you here?

ps all stars and smash deserve the last spot.
The game that deserves the last spot is whichever community donates the most. Nothing else.
Compared to Smash, GG, and ps all stars. DOA isn't getting in....Mrwizard threw Smash and GG a bone my friend. It will be a fight between those two.
Tell that to the Melty Blood community who got their game in back in 2010 despite the odds.

It's this exact kind of pessimism that's hurting the fighting game community in general. If you don't got nothing good to say and aren't willing to help, then get the fuck out.

Your attitude is an insult to anyone who's given their blood, sweat and tears to build a community. To guys like Mr. Wah, Virtua Pai, Rikuto, Dr. Dogg, etc. To guys from other sites like Jaxel from 8WR, Master Chibi and the Melty Bread crew, heck even to Wiz, Seth and the Cannons who built SRK from scratch to what it is today. So let me repeat myself, GET THE FUCK OUT!

Sweet, I did my bit.

Maybe there should be a thread to tally up the individual donations and encourage everyone in the online DOA community to contribute. As people have suggested before, even if DOA doesn't get in, people will see the community cares about its game. And breasts.

edit: Just so you guys know I'm only from NZ, so anyone in the U.S who's keen to see DOA come up in the FGC should do even better than me in supporting this =P

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD