EVO 2013: DoA5 has a shot! But there's a catch...

evo.jpg

So the EVO 2013 lineup was announced just moments ago on Wakeup SRK, and it's the largest EVO roster in years. Dead or Alive 5, unfortunately, is not on the main roster. This is due in no small part to a lack of consistent offline support in comparison to other games. We've been on the upswing, especially after the solid showing at NEC, however we have a lot of building to do yet. This is something that we're still working hard on changing, but this is currently our reality.

Now, the title says we still have a shot, and we do, but that catch is really going to put us in a put up or shut up position like never before! The Player's Choice slot, EVO 2013's eighth title, goes to the community and game that donates the most money to a chosen charity. The other part was that the game had to receive more than 500 votes in the poll that ran on the EVO Facebook page, which we did pull off. As of this writing, the donation page (link at the top) states we have 21 days to donate as much as we can, or til the end of January.

This is a chance for the entire DoA community to back our game. Online players, offline players, stream monsters, EVERYONE has an equal opportunity to help out the community. If you can't travel, toss a few bucks at the donation. If you prefer online play for any reason, donate anyway. If you do travel, definitely donate. Everyone should be donating as much as they can so that we can get our game back on the EVO main stage. Even if that doesn't happen, your money still goes to charity.

So DoA community: FSD members and DoAWorld members, online and offline players, casuals and pros...the time to step up or stay off to the side is coming!

SSBM won? All fuck, I was hoping Skullgirls was going to sneak up on SSBM and dominated the competition :(
I have nothing against SSBM, my love & respect towards it is still going strong :)

^Holy shit. He actually went the whole speech making no cheap shots at other communities.

My hat goes off to him.

I would've preferred if SG won but Melee's fine too... at least I won't be completely lost when watching a fight. It's funny just how badly Melee beat Brawl though. I wonder if Nintendo's taking note ;)

I would've preferred if SG won but Melee's fine too... at least I won't be completely lost when watching a fight. It's funny just how badly Melee beat Brawl though. I wonder if Nintendo's taking note ;)

I would hope that Sakurai has been taking notes the whole time these past 5 years. All the competitive Smash players bashing the game continuously and the fact that Melee is still more popular than Brawl, despite being 11 years old. Hell, fans have even released several mod projects (Balanced Brawl, Brawl+, Project M) to make Brawl into what it should have been.

We can only hope that he wakes up and embraces the competitive side of the fanbase for Smash 4, but he'll probably still fuck it up.

Hopefully DOA5 will get in next year.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD