3) Super Smash Wii U
4) GG Xrd
5) Killer Instinct
6) Mortal Kombat X
7) P4A: Ultimax
8) Super Smash Melee
9) Tekken 7 Arcade (?!?!?)

TLEE SAID THIS:

Disappointed that UMVC3 is having another run, and as much as I like Tekken, Tekken 7 shouldn't be on Evo. Other than that, not a bad line up I guess. There could have been more 3D fighters present.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
The only tournaments I would bother watching are P4AU, because I actually like that game, and Tekken 7 because at least one 3D fighter made the lineup. I may give KI a chance, because it can be fun to watch and get hype at times. The line up itself is pretty much meh to be, because I don't enjoy watching most of the games there. The Capcom fighters are stale to me, "competitive" Smash is boring, Guilty Gear is trash without Bridget, MKX isn't even out but I already don't care for the direction of the game, and the rest I'm indifferent about.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Reasonable that only one Smash should be on Evo, but since the game still has its ridiculously big following, it was inevitable.
I guess nobody should really be too surprised. Idk why the Smash community will not let Melee go, because I feel that Smash 4 is a nice balance of Melee and Brawl.

David Gregg

What frustrates me is that from the way Wizard was talking, he was basically saying that Tekken was added to "Stop the b*tching about the 3D fighters" so he wasn't even that big of a fan of adding Tekken to begin with but since it has a decent following he let it go.

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

I guess nobody should really be too surprised. Idk why the Smash community will not let Melee go, because I feel that Smash 4 is a nice balance of Melee and Brawl.
I think it has something to do with the players themselves on what they prefer for gameplay. As someone who has followed Smash News from via Eventhubs (watched a few stuff related to Melee at competitive play) when it came to the comment sections there are players that will either prefer Melee for the game's speed, L cancel, wave dash to name a few which does lead to those insane combos (very similar to MVC death combos) or players that prefer Brawl or SSB4 since it feel like regular matches that doesn't feel too fast or has those insane combos that can easily screw over players that doesn't have the skills as a competitive Melee player.

Even if is unfair to see both SSB games on the same EVO lineup, SSBM & SSB4 could easily be treated as separate games despite their the same series being supported by a pretty big community. Like any community, every users are going to have their own games they'd rather play for tournaments it could be Melee technical mechanics which can be used competitive (even if there is bit of balance issue when it came to certain characters) or would play either Brawl or SSB4 since it isn't very chaotic & feels like regular matches as if you screwed up it would be your own fault (rather than a simple mistake which leads to painful results from either Melee or Project M). Its also not too surprising that 2 SSB appear in the lineup, there even tournaments that had both Melee & Project M (despite Project M wasn't officially developed by Hal, Bandai Namco, Sora Ltd. or published by Nintendo).

synce

Hmm don't much care for most of those except SF4 and T7.... Wait what?! HIGH LEVEL TEKKEN 7 THIS SUMMER?! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiip

FakeSypha

It's really disappointing not seeing DOA5LR in the EVO lineup. I mean, DOA competitive scene right now is quite decent. There are lots of top players, there have been lots of majors. The scene has only growth since DOA5 vanilla release on September 2012. Now, with Last Round and the momentum it gives was the best chance DOA could have to get into EVO. But Mr. Wizard thinks otherwise...

This year it seems I'll be only watching USFIV and Tekken 7.

Javert

I shouldn't be surprised since I have already expressed that for a lot of the fighting game community DoA makes a good scapegoat, but it feels sad anyway: I was hoping this game would be the representative of 3D games but that went through the window when they announced Arcade Tekken 7 of all things.

I don't live in the US, but any of you could have attended? It's hard to say whether this could have been the chance for the game to solidify its competitive base or would have bombed as the near DoA players stay at home again.

Kohlrak

Call of Duty is easier than Metal Gear. People prefer Call of Duty. 2d fighters are easier than 3d fighters. People prefer 2d fighters. Mario is easier than Megaman. People prefer mario. You see a pattern forming? We could do this all day, and to say the least, the fans of the harder games often like the easier games, but the hardcore fans of the easier games completely trash the harder games. Now, is it any surprise that DoA, logically, would be more difficult than other 3d fighters given it's hold and throw system?

EDIT: Also, being Jewish is hard.

CFW

What frustrates me is that from the way Wizard was talking, he was basically saying that Tekken was added to "Stop the b*tching about the 3D fighters" so he wasn't even that big of a fan of adding Tekken to begin with but since it has a decent following he let it go.

Ain't no way in the world he just up and added it for that I bet he (or someone) begged for it.
EVO may be big, but if y'all gonna treat this mess as the holy grail of tournaments y'all might as well not go to tournaments period.

David Gregg

Ain't no way in the world he just up and added it for that I bet he (or someone) begged for it.
EVO may be big, but if y'all gonna treat this mess as the holy grail of tournaments y'all might as well not go to tournaments period.

Not like they would consider DOA anyway after crapcom sued tecmo koei for those absurd patents.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I am curious as to why there's two SS games. But then again, it's not like DOA will fill out that gap if you think about it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD