Favorite Stages

DeathHand

Yes, it's huge to have old stages in DOA5 but the comparison with previous games is going to hurt... I still regret and don't understand how stages' graphisms and textures can be so poor compared to (very) old games. We really lost all the photorealism in DOA5. Maybe a lack of time? A lack of money? The new detailed characters demanding too much graphic resources? Mystery...
Anyway, back to the topic, my favorite stages are:
My favourite DOA stages:

DOA3: Forest, Lorelei, DOATEC HK.
DOAU:Crimson, Aerial gardens, Dragon Hills, Kokuan,Suspension bridge, White storm, Demon's church.
DOA4: Waterfall valley, Kyoto in bloom, Gamblers paradise, Seaside Market.
"The new detailed characters demanding too much graphic resources" thats probably the reason, I mean Doa have the best looking characters I have seen in a game running at 60 frames with the smoothest animation ever =´D ....DAT Kasumi hair hummmm xD

edit1:

quote="synce, post: 95564, member: 251"]I knew I wasn't being nostalgic, DOA3 really does have better looking stages than DOA5.

DOA3
Lost_World.jpg

DOA5
l_519c70f2130ad.jpg

These games are 10+ YEARS APART.[/quote]
I think its the floor and the lack of dark,if u look at some stages from doa5 like the street,the floor looks realy bad in contrast with the rest....

edit 2:
Here are my favorite stages:

DOA2/HC: The Spiral, Dragon Hills, L's Castle (Leifang's DOA1 stage from Model 2/Saturn)
DOA3: Lost World, Azuchi, Lorelei
DOA2U: Downtown, DOATEC Germany, Ray House, Great Wall, Burai Zenin (Gen Fu's DOA1 Stage from Model 2/Saturn)
DOA4: Gambler's Paradise, Crash Club, DOATEC Great Hall, Seaside Paradise, Kyoto in Bloom (day and night)
DOAD: Freedom Survivor, some of the stages that I mentioned that appeared in past DOA games.
DOA5: Ends of the Earth, Zack Island, Scramble, Hot Zone, and now one of my favorite stages of DOA3, Lost World, returns in Ultimate.

Honorable Mentions: Jann Lee's and Tina's DOA1 Stage (Model 2/Saturn version), Danger Zone (all DOA games except 5, which didn't have that stage), Death Valley (DOA2/HC), Demon's Church (DOA2U), Forest (DOA3), Flow (DOA5), Ninja Hideout (DOA4).
Ninja Hideout (DOA4)!!

145861.jpg

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I knew I wasn't being nostalgic, DOA3 really does have better looking stages than DOA5.

DOA3
Lost_World.jpg

DOA5
l_519c70f2130ad.jpg

These games are 10+ YEARS APART.

In terms of graphical detail, DOA5 blows DOA3's stages away, but in terms of scope, and art direction, DOA3's are way more impressive. On the other hand, DOA4's stage physically look better than DOA5's stages and hold up 100% today (i.e. you couldn't tell if the game was released in 2005 or 2013). Kyoto in Bloom (both), the Temple on the Mountain and the Seaside Market essentially outshine almost all of DOA5's stages.

Overall throughout the DOA series, my top stages would be.

1. The Aerial Gardens (DOA2U)
2. The Forest (DOA3)
3. The Dragon Hills (DOA2U)
4. The Lost World (DOA3)
5. The Demon's Church (DOA2U)
6. Kyoto in Bloom (Both, DOA4)
7. The Lorelei (DOA3)
8. The Seaside Market (DOA4)
9. The Temple of the Dragon/Sakura (DOA5)
10. Home (DOA5)
11. Flow/Primal (DOA5)

Always had a blast playing in these stages.

KwonJigglypuff

Great Opera is probably my favourite. 10 years after, I'm sure they will find a way to revamp it, add more theatrical light effect, more red curtains, more drama.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Here are my favorite stages:

DOA2/HC: The Spiral, Dragon Hills, L's Castle (Leifang's DOA1 stage from Model 2/Saturn)
DOA3: Lost World, Azuchi, Lorelei
DOA2U: Downtown, DOATEC Germany, Ray House, Great Wall, Burai Zenin (Gen Fu's DOA1 Stage from Model 2/Saturn)
DOA4: Gambler's Paradise, Crash Club, DOATEC Great Hall, Seaside Paradise, Kyoto in Bloom (day and night)
DOAD: Freedom Survivor, some of the stages that I mentioned that appeared in past DOA games.
DOA5: Ends of the Earth, Zack Island, Scramble, Hot Zone, and now one of my favorite stages of DOA3, Lost World, returns in Ultimate.

Honorable Mentions: Jann Lee's and Tina's DOA1 Stage (Model 2/Saturn version), Danger Zone (all DOA games except 5, which didn't have that stage), Death Valley (DOA2/HC), Demon's Church (DOA2U), Forest (DOA3), Flow (DOA5), Ninja Hideout (DOA4).

Nameless Sama

I guess all DOA5 stages will be in the Ultimate.
The Stages that I really want and see are : The Mugen Tenshin Clan Stage + The Hayabusa Village stage ^-^
From Dead or Alive I want to see these Stages.
DOA2: EIn/Ayane Story Stage - You can play this Stage at night. There are many casacdes and many glowworms.
DOAU2 or DOA Online (PC) - There are a Japanese House where there are a garden too.
DoaOnline-6.jpg

doaOnline_091903_05_640w.jpg

doa_dimensions-1.jpg

costumes.jpg

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I guess all DOA5 stages will be in the Ultimate.
The Stages that I really want and see are : The Mugen Tenshin Clan Stage + The Hayabusa Village stage ^-^
From Dead or Alive I want to see these Stages.
DOA2: EIn/Ayane Story Stage - You can play this Stage at night. There are many casacdes and many glowworms.
DOAU2 or DOA Online (PC) - There are a Japanese House where there are a garden too.

What stage would this be? I agree that a stage should take place in Hayabusa's village. Likely between the entrance to Muramasa's shop, to the bridge & entrance to the inner part of the village (The area where you fought the Red Samurai Masakado in NG1). Or even beyond that to the place where Ryu first got defeated by Doku! (Quite a few locations in Hayabusa's village could be used).

Could use the area near Muramasa's Shop...

256.jpg

Fight on the bridge that separates the village and the inner portion...

3bf7aa112657c975b76b623cd6674eb5.jpg

Or can even fight in the inner area where Ryu first fought Doku!

Ninja_Gaiden_Sigma.Screenshots.64.jpg

Ninja_Gaiden_3_RE.HD_Screenshots.514.jpg

This area in the Hayabusa village could also serve as a nice Tag Battle stage!

I would also like to see NG1's monastery as a stage, preferably starting up on the balcony then working your way down to the main worship hall.

ninja-gaiden-sigma-20070322045824853.jpg

Naturally, the destructible pillars would come into play!

You had some nice choices though. DOA2U's Koku-An is a gorgeous stage with the snow outside!

Also Kyoto in Bloom > Sakura.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
the Monastary would make a great stage,i think it would be interesting if you used the PB to knock an opponent through the glass it would transport you to the fiend realm.

as much as i like Ryu's villiage it doesn't have the beauty of these other stages maybe if they added cool weather affects or could just set it on fire...again

also epic Ayane pic

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I would also like to see NG1's monastery as a stage, preferably starting up on the balcony then working your way down to the main worship hall.

ninja-gaiden-sigma-20070322045824853.jpg

Ninja Gaiden's monastery would be a very pretty stage indeed. They could always bring back this DOA2U stage though. I don't recall the name, but it also transitions into a type of monastery looking interior (seen at 0:47). Very lovely.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Demon's Church
Demon's Church.

Edit: DAMN YOU Blackula

I should just delete your post...

Lol. I know that the stage had already been named several times in this thread, but I was too lazy to go try to find it.

Anyway, as for my favorite stages; it's impossible for me to narrow it down, really. I'll just say that entirety of DOA3's stages and the stages from all the various versions of DOA2 are my favorites. Those stages kick ass and put the rest of the series to shame.

DOAD had a nice selection too, as it was mostly just a compilation of stages from DOA1-4.

As I don't actually care for the stages of DOA4 or DOA5, I can narrow those down to a few "favorites".

DOA4: Nassau Station, Kyoto in Bloom, Seaside Market
DOA5: Temple of the Dragon/Sakura, Scramble (top section only)

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
the Monastary would make a great stage,i think it would be interesting if you used the PB to knock an opponent through the glass it would transport you to the fiend realm.

as much as i like Ryu's villiage it doesn't have the beauty of these other stages maybe if they added cool weather affects or could just set it on fire...again

also epic Ayane pic

Spirit of Doku & Genshin: "That can be arranged!"

I'm surprised no one set the Hayabusa village on fire again in NG3 to keep up the streak.

Rubedood

I was thinking... Since we already have four characters from VF, wouldn´t be nice to have at least one stage from VF too? Like Statues(Akira stage) for example.

Well, the current VF stages probably wouldn't fit because of the whole ring out deal, plus there's not much to the stages otherwise.

I wouldn't mind seeing them put in some VF3 stages, since they're the most DOA-like. They had multiple tiers as well, so they could work that in a lot more easily.

If Aoi does make it in, she needs to have her stage from that game

vf3stagebrook.gif

Rawbietussin

All Helena-themed stages: Great Opera, Lorelei, DOATEC Great Hall, Freedom Survivor (Ballroom).

I also want Seaside Paradise and Crash Club for the remixes.

Hoya Destroyer

The free DLC beach stage in DoA5 is the best in the game, one of my all time favorites and the kind of setting that the game could have used more of.
Its bright, its colorful and its fun. much better than a dark and depressing oil rig, for example.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD