Favorite Stages

UpSideDownGRUNT

Let's do this:
DoA3 - Forest, Lost World, Lorilei & Azuchi
DoA2U - Suspension Bridge, Demon's Church, Yozakura, Aerial Gardens & Dragon Hills
DoA4 - Kyoto In Bloom, Crash Club, Seaside Market & DoA4 version of Suspension Bridge
DoA5 - Flow, Zack Island
DoA5U - Forest, Lost World, Sky City Tokyo, Flow, Zack Island

I have a lot of favorite stages as well, and since I have so many I'll have to narrow it down by game, so here goes:

DOA2/U: Cyclotron, The Ray House, The Great Opera, Demon's Church, Burai Zenin, Dragon Hill, The Great Wall.
DOA3: Tao, X Octagon, The Aqua Palace, The Downtown, Lost World, Lorelei, Azuchi, DOATEC HQ HK.
DOA4: Kyoto in Bloom, Nassau Station, Crash Club, Great Hall, Seaside Paradise.
DOA5: Scramble, Temple of the Dragon, Sakura, The Tiger Show, Zack Island, Home

David Gregg

Nice lists guys. What do you think of Hot Zone?

For me I liked it initially but then it got bland and annoying very quickly. Now if we could have had Nassau Station again but this time with the aliens attacking in the background then that's one war zone I think I would never get tired of.

Nicole_vs_Ryu.jpg

Number 13

Hot Zone was fun at first when you hear the random soldiers yelling at you to get the hell out of their and hearing a firefight happening in the background, but the novelty quickly got stale and found myself on default Sakura.

David Gregg

It's not as big as I'd like (I wish you could go past the barrier into the roofed section) but I actually really like this stage for its visual design and really want to play on it for Ultimate:

Dead-or-Alive-5-Ultimate-Sky-City-Tokyo.jpg

doa5ugroupatokyostage002.jpg

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Hot Zone was fun at first when you hear the random soldiers yelling at you to get the hell out of their and hearing a firefight happening in the background, but the novelty quickly got stale and found myself on default Sakura.

I actually enjoy the Hot Zone a lot for its interactivity and setting but wish that the soldiers didn't yell at you every 10 seconds, was a little larger (at least the size of DOA4's Seaside Market), and you had the option to knock your opponent through a wall into a building off to the side. It felt a bit like the first stage in MGS4 where there were constant battles happening and you were in the middle of it!

With a little refinement Hot Zone could've been a great stage.

DetergentRat

The L's Castle (DOA2HC): The music was excellent and one of my top favorites in the whole series. I'd love to have this stage back in 5U
The Aerial Gardens (DOA2): It was really, really beautiful and the multiple levels were lots of fun to kick opponents off.
Seaside Market (DOA4): Very pretty stage with two levels that complemented each other really nicely.
Tokyo stage (DOA5U originally from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2): I loved the contrast between futuristic and traditional Japanese look. Also, the giant Buddha statue makes it even better.
The underwater aquarium thing (DOA3): It was a rather small stage, but it was very, very beautiful.

Any chance of bringing some of these back through DLC?

T to tha J

1: DOA:2HC: Demon Church: Hayabusa could Izuna Drop you out of the stained glass window into the courtyard below. Computer did it to me once.
2: DOA:4Gambler's Paradise: Partisan in the middle was BEAUTIFUL to fight with, cars were just an added bonus.
3: DOA:4 Seaside Market: Breakable kiosks, and a staircase, the staircase throws were my favorite in DOA: 4.
4: DOA:5 Flow: Fighting on a raft, onto a waterfall ledge. The cliffhangers were a beautiful addition to DOA: 5, and this stage utilized it stunningly.
5: DOA:5 Street: The train...'nuff said.

Honorable mention:
Also, any stage in DOA 2 or 3 with a cliff and Jann Lee. With your back to a cliff, duck or counter a dragon kick and he lands on nothing, throwing himself off a cliff.

Kronin

Like for the photo sharing one, even this thread was posted in the Facebook Page of Team Ninja ;)

Here is an interesting thread from FSD that community members are discussing about their favorite stages. By reading the voices through the thread, we think the each fighter has his/her own favorite stages from the past experience and it's too difficult to narrow them down to just "5". Thanks for the valuable discussion and opinions! Team Ninja #DOA5U #DOA5UA

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/favorite-stages.2636/

(source: https://www.facebook.com/deadoralivegame)

It's possible that this could be a source of inspiration for the return of old DLC stages?

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Like for the photo sharing one, even this thread was posted in the Facebook Page of Team Ninja ;)

Here is an interesting thread from FSD that community members are discussing about their favorite stages. By reading the voices through the thread, we think the each fighter has his/her own favorite stages from the past experience and it's too difficult to narrow them down to just "5". Thanks for the valuable discussion and opinions! Team Ninja #DOA5U #DOA5UA

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/favorite-stages.2636/

It's possible that this could be a source of inspiration for the return of old DLC stages?

If this is true, then TN already know the most popular stage is Aerial Gardens. :D

Kronin

If this is true, then TN already know the most popular stage is Aerial Gardens. :D

I'm pretty sure that Aerial Gardens will be added to DoA5U with one of the next Arcade updates: that stage appeared to be the most requested since before the release of DoA5U and actually I'm still amazed that Lorelei was able to get the priority (but hey, I'm glad for it being my favourite stage...).

More, like Lorelei with Marie Rose, I think that Aerial Gardens could be a perfect stage for accompanying a certain bird man character...

Last edited:

Pictured Mind

I don't have a favorite stage. I love how most of them looks but I'm not really a fan of them in general. They should of course be in the game and they are, so I'm happy.

NikkySan

1. Azuchi (DOA3) - DOA3 was the first game in the series I played, and it still holds a special place in my heart. I remember being 9-years-old and seeing previews of the game with the characters fighting in this Japanese interior building, only to be smashed through a window and continuing the fight on top of a roof and down into a courtyard. It blew my mind.
2. Lorelei (DOA3) - I just love the atmosphere and how giant this stage was. I remember discovering the extra tier if you knocked your opponent off the balcony on the left side onto that small roof being pretty awesome.
3. Aerial Gardens (DOA2) - I actually prefer the original version of this stage because of the option to have it set during the sunset. Simply gorgeous.
4. Forest (DOA3) - Another stage that's just a feast for the eyes. I love the greens, oranges and browns of the trees and how leaves would fly everywhere when you knocked you opponent down. I also love the small stream at the bottom.
5. The Koku An (DOA2U) - The Ultimate version of the stage is vastly superior just for the snow.
6. DOATEC HK (DOA3) - I love how you can smash your opponent through a neon sign on the way down and discovering the secret lab with the Kasumi clones was amazing.
7. The Crimson (DOA2U) - The Ultimate version is the best with the added features of knocking down a neon sign and turning it into a wall, your opponent falling onto the taxi and smashing through the window into the room with the TV and Xbox.
8. Various Beach Stages (DOA2U, DOA3 and DOA5U) - I can't pick a favourite out of these three, I think they are all gorgeous.

Kronin

I noticed just now that I never posted in this thread. It's really hard to pick only 5 stages when the series of DoA present so many good arenas, by the way I will try to do a selection (in no particular order):

Lorelei from DoA3: very likely my favourite stage of the series: In addition to the gothic scenario, I love the vertical and horizontal hugeness of the arena, together with the continuous difference of the shape of the terrain.

DOATEC HK from DoA3: The Hayate vs Bass picture of this stage was my first contact with the DoA world (http:// static.gamesurf.it/content/articoli/2002/2547/immagini_grandi/34.jpg), but in addition to give me a nostalgic feeling I love the stage in itself with its big variety in the 3 tiers available in the stage: different in both the scenario and the shape of the arenas, from columns like obstacles, to a large street, to a little lab room with electric walls (and naked cloned Kasumi too XD). In particular the starting glass corridor it's always seemed to me stunning.

Aerial Gardens from DoA2: Many people ask for this stage and I can't say to not understand them. Like the previous ones another stage able to give many different playing terrains between them (able like in DOATECK HK to make change your playing style), a trait even more emphasized by the presence of the water and the infinite multi tier levels of the arena. More, the mix between artificial and natural elements in the stage is really well done in my opinion.

Demon's Church from DoA2U: I don't like the original version but I'm in love with the complete redesign of the Ultimate one, able to make of it my favourite stage of DoA2U. I can just imagine the graphic and the effects of light if this was ported nowadays...

Seaside Market from DoA4: the fourth DoA entry has so many good looking stages but, bathed with so many colors and light, Seaside Market is maybe one of the stage visually more stunning in my opinion. The obstacles, the irregularity of the walls, the lower tier, the slope of the ground and the water of the sea make of it one of the stages more various in the game.

I mentioned only the stages from the old games that comes to my mind immediately thinking to DoA, but like I said there are so many great stages in the series for me, some of them able to give me a nostalgic feeling (like the "Danger Zone", sadly absent from DoA4 or Azuchi from DoA3) others with enviroments really inspired (like Ice Cave, Dragon Hills, Great Opera or Ninja Hideout). And actually I love many DoA5/5U stages too: the only minus for me is that they are too much ordinary compared with the previous ones from DoA2/3/4/D (so without obstacles or so irregular shapes) but stages like Sky City Tokyo, Flow, Hot Zone, Home, Aircraft Carrier, Sakura, Lab, Zack Island, Desert Wasteland or Scramble seem to me really good designed for the rest.

Last edited:

legibifou

I'm pretty sure that Aerial Gardens will be added to DoA5U with one of the next Arcade updates: that stage appeared to be the most requested since before the release of DoA5U and actually I'm still amazed that Lorelei was able to get the priority (but hey, I'm glad for it being my favourite stage...).

More, like Lorelei with Marie Rose, I think that Aeriak Gardens could be a perfect stage for accompanying a certain bird man character...

I wish you're right, but I'm afraid of something...
It's a reality, stage graphics in DOA5 and 5U and 5UA (o_O) are far from being as beautiful as they were in older games (No troll here! I know and I'm happy that we have wonderful characters with real time shadows. We can't have everything, no problem), and I have the feeling that Team Ninja just daren't to "update" other stages except those from DOA3... Because they should have faced the sad comparision between DOA5U and DOA2U, and it would hurt.
I really don't think we can have a "new" stage appearing in DOA2U or DOA4.

Kronin

I wish you're right, but I'm afraid of something...
It's a reality, stage graphics in DOA5 and 5U and 5UA (:confused:) are far from being as beautiful as they were in older games (No troll here! I know and I'm happy that we have wonderful characters with real time shadows. We can't have everything, no problem), and I have the feeling that Team Ninja just daren't to "update" other stages except those from DOA3... Because they should have faced the sad comparision between DOA5U and DOA2U, and it would hurt.
I really don't think we can have a "new" stage appearing in DOA2U or DOA4.

I don't understand, why this should be a problem? For me the only big flaw of the the graphic matter in the DOA5 stages are the low textures of the grounds, and with the porting of the DoA3 stages Team Nina:
  • Released anyway a terrain with low textures like Forest and Lost world shown, the stages already included in the disc of DoA5U)
  • Release a ground in high textures like happened with Haunted Lorelei (and very likely Lorelei), stage released like DLC.
Like you see in the first case TN wasn't fearful to release old stages without improving the textures, by the way with Lorelei apparently they decided to focus their efforts also on this complain of the fans. Considering the beahvior of the developers with both the two different examples, I don't find reasons because TN shouldn't decide to release one or more old stages along the development of DoA5U:Arcade ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD