[Feb 25, 2013] Winter Brawl VII - The Madness($500 DOA5 pot bonus) (philadelphia, pa)

The HuBBs

winterbrawl7.jpg

Big E Gaming is proud to announce Winter Brawl VII at the amazing Holiday Inn – Stadium Hotel.

DATE:
02/23/2013 – 02/24/2013
900 Packer Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Located in the South Philadelphia area 1 mile from the Philadelphia International Airport.
Room Discount Link: (Room Rate is $109 a night before taxes.) http://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?...Code=1&hotelCode=PHLPS&_PMID=99801505&GPC=NE1

Winter Brawl VII Sponsors:

Big E Gaming

Gaming Vision Network

Namco Bandai

Madcatz

Team Sp00ky

STREAM: (Main)
Will be streamed by none other than the infamous Team Sp00ky! The stream can be found here–http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

2nd Stream–Tekken/SCV and more Jaxel:http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun
Extra streams: TBA

Eric “Big E” Smalls
(267) 231-8996
Eric2necphilly@yahoo.com

VP–Robert “FightClub” Hubbs
(610) 573-8305
hubbsdoctor@gmail.com

VP–Zack “Kattermari” Kattermann
(201) 650-1318
kattermari@gmail.com

REGISTRATION/FEES:
Online Venue Pre-Registration: $30
www.bigegaming.com
Coming soon

At The Door Venue Registration: $45

Spectator Fee: $20

GAME RULES:
Unless otherwise stated all console tournaments will be played on PS3.

All singles tournaments will be standard format 2/3 match points for normal matches and 3/5 for finals matches. (UMVC3 and 3D fighters will be 3/5 match points)

Team tournaments are single match the entire tournament including all finals matches.

SCHEDULE:
Venue and entry fees will be collected between 9am and 5pm both days. Please allow 1 hour prior to tournament start time to register. Even if you preregistered online you will still need to check in at the registration desk for each tournament.
—————————————————————–
Saturday 02/23/2013:
Team Tournaments:
SSF4:AE teams 3v3 — start time TBA — $30 per team
UMvC3 3v3 — start time TBA — $30 per team
3S:OE 3v3 — start time TBA
DOA5– 2v2– start time TBA — $20 per team
MK9– 2v2 - start time TBA– $10 per team
SCV–2v2 – start time TBA –$20 per team
TTT2-2v2 — start time TBA–$20 per team
KoF13 — 3v3– 1pm — $30 per team
Brawl and Melee Teams

—————————————————————–
SATURDAY 02/23/2013:
Singles Tournaments:
SSF4:AE — 6:00pm — $10 — will continue Sunday–ps3– $500 pot Bonus plus some HOT prizes
UMvC3 — 6:30pm — $10 – will continue Sunday–ps3–$500 pot Bonus plus some HOT prizes(half the pools will start Saturday and the 2nd half will start sunday at 11am)
MK9 – 3pm– start time — $10–ps3– pot Bonus plus some HOT prizes
SC5 – 3pm– start time — $10 (top 8 sunday)–ps3– Pot Bonus info coming soon
TTT2 – start time TBA — $10 (top 8 Sunday)–ps3 to come
P4U — start time TBA — Free Entry –Ps3
BB – start time TBA — $10–ps3
GG – start time TBA –$10– ps2
DOA 5 — 5pm — $10 — Ps3
Melee Doubles — start time TBA
Brawl doubles/Melee Singles– start time TBA
Brawl Singles– start time TBA
ST — start time TBA — $10 – held on arcade cabinet Or Super Gun–

———————————————————–
SUNDAY 02/24/12:
SSF4:AE – continued from Saturday – start time TBA
UMvC3 – continued from Saturday – start time TBA
KOF13– start time TBA – $5 –ps3
SC5– continuned from Saturday– start time TBA
TTT2– continuned from Saturday — start time TBA
VF5FS — start time TBA —$10 entry fee.
SFxT — start time TBA –$10
MB:AA – start time TBA — $10–Pot Bonus info coming soon
AH3– start time TBA – $10 entry fee–ps3
3S:OE – start time TBA — $10–ps3–Pot Bonus info coming soon
UMK3 – start time TBA — $5

————————————————————————————
Guys if you see names down twice or if you don’t see your name on the list let me know.
I HOPE TO SEE ALL THE REAL PLAYERS HERE.

mcpeanuts

Looking forward to it. The Holiday Inn was a big improvement over the Sheraton.

Why is Persona 4 Arena free entry? That's odd. Even games like Arcana Heart 3 have $10 entry fees.

Chaos

I know somebody is offering gatherings & tourneys at a bar over here on Michigan.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Perfect timing! That's when financial aid rolls around. I wish there was somebody to go with me (no homo) seeing this will be my 1st flight (never flew on a plane)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Noob question here. If registration is 30 or 40 bucks depending on your type, why are there additional fees for each fighting game?

Also, can you bring your own joystick?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The registration is for the venue fee to pay for the venue to hold the tournament at.

The additional fees are towards the prize payout for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd based on the number of entrants for each tournament.

mcpeanuts

Noob question here. If registration is 30 or 40 bucks depending on your type, why are there additional fees for each fighting game?

Also, can you bring your own joystick?
You not only can bring your own joystick but are encouraged to. Like most tournaments it's Bring Your Own Controller. If you don't have a controller you can usually borrow one from another player but really it's best to just bring your own, then you don't have to worry about it.

Chaos

The registration is for the venue fee to pay for the venue to hold the tournament at.

The additional fees are towards the prize payout for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd based on the number of entrants for each tournament.
Oh yeah you will definitely see Chaos in one of these tournaments, I promise ;). Right now, I'm trying to find a job so I can save up some money for traving and going to school at the same time. Life is tough you know?.....damn economy :mad:.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Would it be good if I brought some 360 controllers too? & yeah I'm using mine to PS3. I have a spare pink dual shock that gamestop gave me with the pre-owned PS3 slim I brought lol if anybody wants to use it or for extra equipment.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You can bring what ever controllers you want to bring. The system of choice hasn't been decided yet.

TakedaZX

I'm gunna have to pick up a converter like BlackBurry's just in case I guess. Regardless looking forward to this one. Need a job to support this one though. I'll probably have one by then though.

Hope we beat the entrant count this time as well.

splslick

I'm gunna have to pick up a converter like BlackBurry's just in case I guess. Regardless looking forward to this one. Need a job to support this one though. I'll probably have one by then though.

Hope we beat the entrant count this time as well.
There is a pretty sick converter that Smithy uses...Im going to try to find out the name of it for u

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD