[Feb 25, 2013] Winter Brawl VII - The Madness($500 DOA5 pot bonus) (philadelphia, pa)

RyuJin

Yeah, that was me and my brother. You absolutely trashed us and we were unbievably sad because you knew how to block everything we threw at you and then follow up with the most ridiculously damaging counter hits. We had absolutely no idea how to deal with your turtling because you also seemed to know exactly when to change position if we went for a grab.

Also, I've never experienced a Jann Lee who set up a guaranteed Critical Burst like you did. I saw it coming miles away, but neither me nor my brother were able to do anything about it.

All in all, I felt we put up an incredibly bad fight. It basically made me realize that there are certain situations I'm just totally unprepared for.

I am not trying to call your style cheap or scrubby because it clearly worked. It's just that we were basically growing out every trick and mix-up we knew as Brad, and you kept knocking us out of everything we tried to do with what seemed like only 3 combos, over and over, and we just couldn't counter-hold it, block them or throw out a move that was faster to stop it.

Well the thing is Brad Wong is not quick. getting close and putting you at +1 does not mean that you can attack which is what I did a lot. I also baited out your running P. While it does good damage and cover a lot of range it puts you at -5 and in lay down stance. While you can crush a good number of moves you are still minus.

I used 6K with Jann Lee to test if you or your brother was aware of the situation you put yourselves into. Both of you tried offense options. This is where a lot of players fall short. Players will find out the good things there characters have and run with it. After landing 6K more then once I started going for a Critical burst combo that was NOT guaranteed. You can SE and counter the burst. Everything leading up to the burst is guaranteed (keep in mind I had a backturned stun.)

With Brad Wong while you can use running P to cover distant and to make sure your opponent is not hitting buttons you need to be aware of what can be done to you when it is blocked. This will vary from character to character. When you find how you can be stopped find out of you have a way out of being punished. Like Vs Jann Lee if you side rolled you would dodge anything quick I could throw out. Problem is that leaves you open to other things. In this case you need to test your opponent to find out if they are on the same level of knowledge as you are. If you can use running P and follow up with a crush and it works great. If they stop you you need to find out what else you can do.

There will be some match ups where you really have no option after running P. In that match up only use running P if the "Player" is unaware of what they can do to stop you. After learning that they can shut you down don't use running P anymore. I only really went over running P because the match was not record so I can't really give anymore advice other then learn how to get around your good stuff so you can stop someone who knows how to get around it as well.

I hope to see you and your brother at other events man. Remember as long as you learn something from a loss you can still get better.

Demoth

Well the thing is Brad Wong is not quick. getting close and putting you at +1 does not mean that you can attack which is what I did a lot. I also baited out your running P. While it does good damage and cover a lot of range it puts you at -5 and in lay down stance. While you can crush a good number of moves you are still minus.

I used 6K with Jann Lee to test if you or your brother was aware of the situation you put yourselves into. Both of you tried offense options. This is where a lot of players fall short. Players will find out the good things there characters have and run with it. After landing 6K more then once I started going for a Critical burst combo that was NOT guaranteed. You can SE and counter the burst. Everything leading up to the burst is guaranteed (keep in mind I had a backturned stun.)

With Brad Wong while you can use running P to cover distant and to make sure your opponent is not hitting buttons you need to be aware of what can be done to you when it is blocked. This will vary from character to character. When you find how you can be stopped find out of you have a way out of being punished. Like Vs Jann Lee if you side rolled you would dodge anything quick I could throw out. Problem is that leaves you open to other things. In this case you need to test your opponent to find out if they are on the same level of knowledge as you are. If you can use running P and follow up with a crush and it works great. If they stop you you need to find out what else you can do.

There will be some match ups where you really have no option after running P. In that match up only use running P if the "Player" is unaware of what they can do to stop you. After learning that they can shut you down don't use running P anymore. I only really went over running P because the match was not record so I can't really give anymore advice other then learn how to get around your good stuff so you can stop someone who knows how to get around it as well.

I hope to see you and your brother at other events man. Remember as long as you learn something from a loss you can still get better.

Yeah. After that loss we started going back to the fight lab to find out why certain things we did were not working.

We didnt always do running P either. Sometimes we did K which is a low kick, but each time we tried to mix if up with a kick OR if we tried to take you out and throw you, you would duck at the last second and then pummel us.

All in all, we learned that we needed to stop being so offense oriented and try to bait openings.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD