Fightstick or gamepad (360 vs ps3)

Moritsuna

Hmm I heard the new 360 slim d pad's were factory made, slightly better. I may get this version since its pretty cheap and wired lol. I wanna get the 360 silver with the so called improved d pad, but its wireless and I hear both good and bad things about it.

prototypetom

question for any stick users...

I got a tekken6 wireless hori stick a couple years back as a gift (360)... did not like. mostly because there seemed to be really big lag. (also did not like the hollow rattle) I'm toying with the idea of trying again with an RAPV3 SA (PS3) as I understand its got better guts. but with a wired stick... the lag will be gone right?

the other thing I didn't like was how much travel there was on the stick... are there sticks with less? or is pretty standard?

currently using ps3 pad

PureYeti

Yes wired sticks will have no lag than wireless ones. What do you mean by less?

I'm using a madcatz dpad. I'm getting a stick today so I will mess around with it. Only problem is that I'm use to Happ sticks

prototypetom

Yes wired sticks will have no lag than wireless ones. What do you mean by less?

I'm using a madcatz dpad. I'm getting a stick today so I will mess around with it. Only problem is that I'm use to Happ sticks

'Less' in regards to how much travel there is on a stick before it registers or hits the gate(if that's what its called). (how much waggle!). Ideally I'd like one with as little travel as possible... but I suspect they might be standardized?

EDIT: I've found the fight stick thread, and from that I found the shoryuken links, and in those i found that what i'm talking about is "Throw". everyday's a school day

Tenren

most stick will engage before you hit the side wall of the gate. I was told by JWong that the better you get at using a stick the less you hit the wall. Also its better to use a Japanese square gate compared to a USA octave. Basically you learn to better circular motions. I just picked up a brand new SFxT pro madcatz and the stick clicks the micro switch if i barely move it. You have to remember a stick is setup like a pendulum. The top of the stick moves a lot while the bottom were the switch's are moves very little. Ive always loved hori sticks but yes the cheaper one do have some issues. Id say find yourself a TE madcatz or better hori. Walmart online had a sale $100 for the SFxT pro & cross with free home shipping. The madcatz are good because the parts can be switched out easily. D3V would be a good person to talk with if you get a chance.

prototypetom

thanks Tenren. I'm UK though, the sticks seem to be generally a good bit more expensive here. Just been eyeing up a
QanBa Q4RAF, but not looked up any 3rd party/user feedback yet.

The stuff about not hitting the wall is interesting, the lag was so bad on the PoS tekken stick I had I was burying it trying to make it work.

Ooobe

I have the HRAP V3SA and am very happy with the stick, (price/performance wise) though I can't play pad at all anymore, I'd say I'm still working on becoming proficient with it.
There's an overwhelming amount of info available on Shoryuken if your researching sticks. Also, check out the fight stick thread in general discussion.

prototypetom

I've just this morning taken a punt on the QanBa, I don't use my 360 much anymore, but having one stick that'll work on everything made a lot of sense + the easy to change artwork options.

Justice

thanks Tenren. I'm UK though, the sticks seem to be generally a good bit more expensive here. Just been eyeing up a
QanBa Q4RAF, but not looked up any 3rd party/user feedback yet.

The stuff about not hitting the wall is interesting, the lag was so bad on the PoS tekken stick I had I was burying it trying to make it work.
I swear by my Qanba. Not the cheapest by any means but by far the best stick out there. Even better than the legendary TEs.

prototypetom

I swear by my Qanba. Not the cheapest by any means but by far the best stick out there. Even better than the legendary TEs.
mine arrived earlier. I was ready for the becoming a bit crapper for a while... i wasn't expecting the weary arm and stiff fingers after a couple of hours. ouch

Chaos

The PS3 pad is an abomination. It doesn't even feel like a pad. It feels like an arrangement of bubble-wrap bubbles that never quite pop when you press on them.

Any "rolls" (even as small as 236) I have to revert to using the joystick.
Playing Tekken on the PS3 dpad is waaay better than playing DOA5 PS3 dpad & btw the original Xbox dpad shits all over the 360 dpad lol.

Roroko

What Qanba? I bought a Q3 and find it underwhelming. Thought i was buying a wired stick and got an input laggy wireless one instead.

Justice

mine arrived earlier. I was ready for the becoming a bit crapper for a while... i wasn't expecting the weary arm and stiff fingers after a couple of hours. ouch

Yeah I still get that after intense level-up sessions.

What Qanba? I bought a Q3 and find it underwhelming. Thought i was buying a wired stick and got an input laggy wireless one instead.

Pays to read the ad thoroughly before you buy ;)

I'm using this: http://www.canadianjoysticks.com/qa...ptible-limited-edition-elivepro-pink-kindevu/ Any Q4 is tri-modded and wired with all Sanwa parts but I prefer this one because the Start button is on the side and it comes with a clear plexi so I don't have to buy more when I finally decide on my custom gfx. Check out the Q4s. I think you'll have a much more pleasant (and wired) experience :D

Currently use Octo-Gate sticks but I think I prefer playing on Pad specifically for this game, mainly those MadCatz Saturn style pads. But I really dislike the claw playstyle, I think if I put more time into using a HitBox I'd prefer using that the most.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD