Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well the reason I asked is because, digital premium is literally just the game + SP, soo... technically speaking it should be available to people who own tbe seasonpass like me.

There really is no logic regarding the (preorder) bonuses. Do you remember this chart?

Final-Fantasy-XV-Preorder-Guide-North-America.png

If the PS4 theme is not mentioned in the season pass than it is not in the season pass. The catch is the digital preorder here I think. That's why they give you the theme as a bonus.

The season pass contains:
FFXV Holiday Pack
FFXV Booster Pack
FFXV Episode Gladiolus
FFXV Episode Ignis
FFXV Episode Prompto
FFXV Online Expansion Pack: Companion

Hayabusiness

They really are trying to polish a turd of a plot holed story.........
And can't wait for them to sell party members. It's already infuriating they are doing this with the story.

Sooo... When are they going to release FFXV: International Boy Band Job System with all this shit included in the disc and not as a million patches?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
FFXV is a flop in Japan. :(

Final Fantasy XV down ~56% from FFXIII, lowest singleplayer debut since FFV.

Debut sales of mainline FFs since the Playstation era:

[PS1] Final Fantasy VII - 2.034.879 / 3.277.776

[PS1] Final Fantasy VIII - 2.504.044 / 3.501.588

[PS1] Final Fantasy IX - 1.954.421 / 2.707.301

[PS2] Final Fantasy X - 1.749.737 / 2.325.215

[PS2] Final Fantasy XII - 1.840.397 / 2.322.541

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII - 1.516.532 / 1.905.979

[PS4] Final Fantasy XV - 690.471 / NEW

It's all Raitoningu's fault! D: She f***** Japan (with her trilogy)!
Grunt: "I need to get a plane to Japan ASAP! :3"

Hayabusiness

Aside from the fact that console gaming is dying in Japan, one of the critiques I heard was that the game is for fujoshi (read up what that is) therefore is bad.
And of course they love their pure heroines.
FFXV SPOILERS
Luna dies without getting any substantial screentime, the others are rather irrelevant in the end.

Just look at how Tales of Zestiria was trashed with Alisha's fiasco.

Also a lot of this game caters to western sensibilities.
Japan would rather collect waifus and become broke on Granblue's gacha bullshit.

Jadeinchains

Time to make a collective... "Saw that coming"

Its a shame but considering they seemed to want to hate it from the very start I'm not shocked. And they found it to hard. It probably did very well in the rest of the world though.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I know what a fujoshi is, one followed me on Twitter and she seems to enjoy the game. The game had a western vibe to it so I can see why they're not so fond of it it doesn't appeal to their tastes. The whole road trip thing seems western inspired imo.

Hayabusiness

Stand by Me (the movie) is also perceived as an American symbol in Japan. It inspired the MOTHER/EarthBound series which is a caricature of American society from a Japanese POV.

Then back to fujoshi, they already are trashing Tales for becoming too yaoi-ish in the latest entries.

Then you have to consider Japan shat on FFXIII before the rest of the world.

And as a finishing move you add up how they only care about mobile and waifus. XV is still a game mostly about boy band type males and none is a harem self insert.

@Jadeinchains
I suggested googling because it's a bit different from the western counterpart, but here we go:

A fujoshi is more or less a yaoi fangirl. The word means "rotten girl". Fujoshi have have a huge social stigma. and male otaku dislike them and hate things that cater to them.
Yaoi is for the most part a guilty pleasure for them, because it's not seen as socially acceptable, and they are much more private and secretive than their Western counterparts.
It's still a very interesting subject and extremely Japanese.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Time to make a collective... "Saw that coming"

Its a shame but considering they seemed to want to hate it from the very start I'm not shocked. And they found it to hard. It probably did very well in the rest of the world though.

Yeah, it did comparatively well. 5 million copies were actually shipped. That's not sold yet but it still is a very big number.

@Hayabusiness and @KasumiLover69 but does Jade know what yaoi is? XD

Nikotsumi

Yeah, I'm not surpised about that either, since console gaming is dying in Japan, wait for FFXVI being a mobile xD
Anyways.... I was looking back at my photo album and I had totally forgotten that Prompto took a (old) picture of Ignis WITHOUT GLASSES :eek:

FINAL_FANTASY_XV_7.png

I also noticed that now that Prompto's photography level is 10, he takes so much better photos.

Regarding those future updates, I'm mostly interested in other playable characters, also.... (my thoughts on guest party members, SPOILER obviously)
I still don't get why you can't get recruit the guest party members once the "roadtrip" is over, that is after completing the story or reaching Cape Caem (but make them not go to Altissia/chapter 9+ locations).
I did a lot of side stuff when Iris joined and not making her a permanent team member is the major fault, since she literally has EVERY feature as the other party members (e.g. camp scenes, her own chocobo, lots of lines for every situation and so on...) except for the ascension grid stuff, she feels like a complete party member. Instead, she's standing in Caem doing basically nothing, they bothered putting so much stuff for Iris just for that short time she's in the party.
There's also Aranea that stills joins you during certain difficult battles and then leaves when the battle is over, it happaned to me once, just join permanently!!!! D:
Cor just disappeared, poor guy.
In addition, I think the guests did merge pretty well within the group and should have been permenent to begin with, I mean.... they said the bros would act differenly when there's a girl around for example but they did not with Iris or Aranea, or at least I didn't feel it.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, it did comparatively well. 5 million copies were actually shipped. That's not sold yet but it still is a very big number.

come on now Tyaren, is that even a question? XD He's been in the sexualization discussion thread where it's came up a couple times. Plus remember that pic you showed yesterday?

But yeah, it's sad it didn't do well in Japan, but hey what can you do? They did well imo

Jadeinchains

It's a female fan of yaoi, and she's a lowkey one as said from her bio. They typically craze out on it and draw VG males in compromising situations with each other.

Stand by Me (the movie) is also perceived as an American symbol in Japan. It inspired the MOTHER/EarthBound series which is a caricature of American society from a Japanese POV.

Then back to fujoshi, they already are trashing Tales for becoming too yaoi-ish in the latest entries.

Then you have to consider Japan shat on FFXIII before the rest of the world.

And as a finishing move you add up how they only care about mobile and waifus. XV is still a game mostly about boy band type males and none is a harem self insert.

@Jadeinchains
I suggested googling because it's a bit different from the western counterpart, but here we go:

A fujoshi is more or less a yaoi fangirl. The word means "rotten girl". Fujoshi have have a huge social stigma. and male otaku dislike them and hate things that cater to them.
Yaoi is for the most part a guilty pleasure for them, because it's not seen as socially acceptable, and they are much more private and secretive than their Western counterparts.
It's still a very interesting subject and extremely Japanese.

Oh okay that's interesting, I'm surprised they have a social stigma since really down to its barest its just people that like gay romance. Also lol sorry I was just interested more in what you both had to say about them than Google! XD

Why did they trash tales for catering to much to em though? You think they must love FFXV then not to mention some of the dialogue is kinda funny towards that.

come on now Tyaren, is that even a question? XD He's been in the sexualization discussion thread where it's came up a couple times. Plus remember that pic you showed yesterday?

But yeah, it's sad it didn't do well in Japan, but hey what can you do? They did well imo

Lol! XD Really Tyaren? XD Not to mention the obvious reason why I'd know what yaoi is! :p

PS: on the sales I'm sure Square are thankful its sold will since that would be really bad if after all that time and effort it didn't make a profit! I wonder how much it has to sell to make back its money?

Hayabusiness

@Jadeinchains
Sorry that thing about Tales was poor wording on my part.
Ever since the latest titles fangirls have surpassed fanboys in Tales titles, or at least there is a good chunk of fangirls there, much more prominent than in other fandoms.
Just to make an example:
Tales of Zestiria doujinshi is mostly yaoi with Mikleo and Sorey.

The games themselves are also very gay bait as of late, and male fans hate it.

Jadeinchains

@Jadeinchains
Ever since the latest titles fangirls have surpassed fanboys in Tales titles, or at least there is a good chunk of fangirls there, much more prominent than in other fandoms.
Just to make an example:

That's strange that the male fanbase would hate it so much. I don't know much about the Tales series so I wasn't aware of the whole yaoi fanbase stuff.

Also to just go back onto topic,

Yeah, I'm not surpised about that either, since console gaming is dying in Japan, wait for FFXVI being a mobile xD
Anyways.... I was looking back at my photo album and I had totally forgotten that Prompto took a (old) picture of Ignis WITHOUT GLASSES :eek:

FINAL_FANTASY_XV_7.png

I also noticed that now that Prompto's photography level is 10, he takes so much better photos.

Regarding those future updates, I'm mostly interested in other playable characters, also.... (my thoughts on guest party members, SPOILER obviously)
I still don't get why you can't get recruit the guest party members once the "roadtrip" is over, that is after completing the story or reaching Cape Caem (but make them not go to Altissia/chapter 9+ locations).
I did a lot of side stuff when Iris joined and not making her a permanent team member is the major fault, since she literally has EVERY feature as the other party members (e.g. camp scenes, her own chocobo, lots of lines for every situation and so on...) except for the ascension grid stuff, she feels like a complete party member. Instead, she's standing in Caem doing basically nothing, they bothered putting so much stuff for Iris just for that short time she's in the party.
There's also Aranea that stills joins you during certain difficult battles and then leaves when the battle is over, it happaned to me once, just join permanently!!!! D:
Cor just disappeared, poor guy.
In addition, I think the guests did merge pretty well within the group and should have been permenent to begin with, I mean.... they said the bros would act differenly when there's a girl around for example but they did not with Iris or Aranea, or at least I didn't feel it.

Wow cool I don't think I've seen Ignis without glasses in any of the pictures Promptos taken! And yeah he's on level 10 on mine too and his pictures are really good.

Also spoilers on part members.
Yeah I really enjoyed it when Iris was on the team but it wasn't for very long and I'd like to see you be able to add her full time to the team, also I wonder if Luna will be added? I also got Aranea for one battle randomly. I'd like to just see them be added and I didn't feel like they acted really different with the girls either.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
By the way, how did everyone actually like Noctis? :)

After musing about it for a while, I think he is actually my favorite protagonist of the FF series.
I love that he is a badass fighter, one of the most powerful in the series actually, and royalty and still he doesn't act like it. He isn't arrogant, he isn't brooding (like Versus XIII days indicated), he isn't aggressive. He is generally a gentle, sometimes a bit shy and insecure guy. Only around his friends he's really outgoing and unguarded. He is a bit spoiled and pretty lazy, he also has a good sense of humor and he is kind of a dork. I know some people complained about him whining/having emotional outbursts at some points in the story but I thought they were actually very relatable. He had it very tough. This was one if not the darkest FF yet. And most of the time he was actually positive and a bit oblivious. In the end he had truly grown and...
!Big fat ending spoiler ahead!
I felt so bad for him, when he sacrificed himself without second thought though you could tell he was afraid and got stabbed to death by all former Lucian kings including his own father. :(

He will definitely be my main in Dissidia. :)

Last edited:

Xernuht

@Jadeinchains
Just to make an example:

Not knowing Japanese myself, I can't say for certain, but a lot of the fujo-shit for Zestiria feels forced. Admittedly, Sorey shows zero romantic in Alisha or Rose, but not for Mikleo either. It's good old familial love. Still, doujins/fanfics are created with the writer's bias in mind, not the creators'.

XV isn't any different in those regards, especially since Noct is very clearly attracted to Luna (and vice-versa, though less obvious).

Hayabusiness

Not knowing Japanese myself, I can't say for certain, but a lot of the fujo-shit for Zestiria feels forced. Admittedly, Sorey shows zero romantic in Alisha or Rose, but not for Mikleo either. It's good old familial love. Still, doujins/fanfics are created with the writer's bias in mind, not the creators'.

XV isn't any different in those regards, especially since Noct is very clearly attracted to Luna (and vice-versa, though less obvious).

The writer of Zestiria said it was love between Mikleo and Sorey.
Tales of Graces added the F chapter also to make the love between Cheria and Asbel seem more natural than Asbel and Richard who I guaranteed are super turbo homo in the main game and in the F chapter.
I also heard Xillia had a super forced thing between Jude and Alvis, and Xillia 2 has THAT ending...

It's clearly written and done in a way so it caters to the fujoshi market.
Which is not bad if done well imo, but even if it was some fans would throw a tantrum.

Let's end this off topic tho.
We can all agree FF never catered with pseudo yaoi couples like Tales did.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD