Final Fantasy Thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

I dont want to be a cock block to your circle jerk but...

I honestly wasn't a fan at all of the Etro retcon... especially since she looks nothing like Luna in the first place :/

I also miss the original theme, it's not the same without Somnous

Hayabusiness

R_E_F_E_R_E_N_C_E_S.jpg

As subtle as a kick in the nuts.
(Goofy and Donald are adorable)

I wonder if Noctis and his buddies will appear in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Jadeinchains

I dont want to be a cock block to your circle jerk but...

I honestly wasn't a fan at all of the Etro retcon... especially since she looks nothing like Luna in the first place :/

I also miss the original theme, it's not the same without Somnous

I personally didn't read it as that, I read it that it was Luna all along and not Etro.

Also that's something I'd like them to go more into, the mythos ( how bloody dare you google not count that as a word. ) of the world since I don't think they really did.

Also to get away from spoilers so that every post isn't in spoilers does anyone know when the dlc is coming out?

Also I call tag on Goofy.

Jadeinchains

I'm watching a video by Mrhappy about how next year is Final Fantasy's 30th anniversary! It's also FF7's 20th anniversary.

It's about how a rumor is around that not only could the first episode of FF7 remake release and also a FFXIII trilogy bundle, but that there's also going to be a 30th anniversary collection including FF1 - FF9.

Now obviously take this with a huge amount of salt since it's a rumor but It sounds pretty cool if it's real. Not to mention as a baby FF fan I haven't got to play the ps1 and before games so this would be great for me, Also first episode of FF7 remake would be amazing however I'm not sure I expect that since I also expecting that in 2018 or something.

PS: Does anyone else watch mrhappy?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Hah, I called it! O:

Remember my post some days ago in which I explained what kind of DLC we will surely be getting?
Everyone that bought the digital Premium Edition of FFXV now got a PS4 theme. It reveals the DLC mission settings:

Gladio's we already knew:

FEhLILS.jpg

But Prompto's and Ignis' are new:

wNYyddV.jpg

EbuqdMQ.jpg

They really scrapped...
Gladio disappearing from the party, Prompto falling off the train in Solheim and Ignis leading Altissia's evacuation and becoming blind from the game to sell it to us. :/

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

That makes me excited! I hope they release soon and are good, I wonder how long an individual episode will be? I also wonder If there will be any kind of free roam in them? I guess not though.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Can't wait to play the other ninja turtles.

But I'm most excited about the online multiplayer after all these episodes are done. My expectations are practically soaring to the heavens at this point.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
That makes me excited! I hope they release soon and are good, I wonder how long an individual episode will be? I also wonder If there will be any kind of free roam in them? I guess not though.
Can't wait to play the other ninja turtles.

But I'm most excited about the online multiplayer after all these episodes are done. My expectations are practically soaring to the heavens at this point.

I still can't get over how excited you guys are to be scammed by Square Enix. :(
Of course I will buy the episodes to, I want to have these three gaping plotholes stitched...but I'm going to call them out for their shit and not act all happy and giddy about it. :/

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I still can't get over how excited you guys are to be scammed by Square Enix. :(
Of course I will buy the episodes to, I want to have these three gaping plotholes stitched...but I'm going to call them out for their shit and not act all happy and giddy about it. :/
Only reason I'm not feeling as guilty is because my old man is gonna hook me up with the content anyway when I do get a PS4. That, and he loves the game enough for me to have the same experience.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
*sigh*

They've released info on the patch and DLC roadmap of FFXV:

Short term goals
First of all, improve chapter 13. In order to do this we will be increasing the strength of the ring magic etc.

Mid term goals
Improve the story in the second half by having full voiced event scenes. Things like 'why Ravus decided to do what he did' etc. by adding cutscenes. This is mid term goal since they have to localize all the new stuff into several different languages which takes time.

Long term goals
Allow the important characters that appeared in the story to be playable. Also currently determining if they will add an avatar system in the game, where you can create your own character.
(This is probably regarding the planned coop feature.)

Others
New game +, Low level runs, invincibility options, increase font size to make text more easy to read.

Great, that they will begin stichting plotholes after the game is already out. Well, better late than never...nah, not really. >__>'
I'm hoping for KasLover they patch chapter 13 before he plays it. It's terrible right now...

Jadeinchains

I'm confused with the avatar thing? Like a character creator where you csan run around the open world as your own character? I'm interested to know how that would work but it sounds interesting. I also like the sound of making the important characters from the story playable.

Also if they are going to continue adding in more cut scenes to the story I hope they make them watchable somehow after the story for people who have already completed it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm confused with the avatar thing? Like a character creator where you csan run around the open world as your own character? I'm interested to know how that would work but it sounds interesting. I also like the sound of making the important characters from the story playable.

They probably mean the online coop feature that they are planning. I don't think you will be able to run around in an open world environment, but you will be able to do missions together in more enclosed areas/levels. In the open world that would basically be FFXIV. I doubt they have the time and money nor the will to recreate that.

Edit:
r4dWY8a.jpg

XD

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hopefully this means...
That Aranea won't be such a throw away character... she pretty much did nothing the whole game lol

She was only really relevant when she joins you in Ch. 7 and in ch. 12.

Too bad her boss fight went nowhere as quickly as it happened out of nowhere

Also is that theme for premium owners only or anyone who has the season pass?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Also is that theme for premium owners only or anyone who has the season pass?

I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was not in the season pass. A lot is not in the season pass. Even premium, deluxe and ultra editions of the game are missing half the stuff. There is no edition, as expensive as it may be, where you actually get everything.

Regarding the story I want to rant a little, since I noticed I actually didn't even write up a little review of what I thought about the game:

FFXV has imo a quite simple but compelling story, the characters are interesting and likable and the villain is one of the best of the FF series. Sounds awesome, right?
Well, the problem is, that story isn't actually told in the game. They leave like 50% completely out for you to read up in the game guide, or watch it in Kingsglaive or the Brotherhood anime and a couple of other sources.
FFXIII was a convoluted mess storywise but at least that mess was beautifully told in many pretty cutscenes and stuff that didn't make it in there, made it into the game's archives, where walls and walls of text about FFXIII's ridiculous world and lore was available for you to read. If you had the nerve...
There is nothing of that sort in FFXV though, even though you could easily tell it's story and lore on one single sheet of paper. :/

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Well the reason I asked is because, digital premium is literally just the game + SP, soo... technically speaking it should be available to people who own tbe seasonpass like me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD