Final Fantasy Thread

Awesmic

Standard Donor
DISSIDIA ARCADE / NT UPDATE:

A new live stream update is set for schedule on June 12, 2018 at 7AM EST. While there obviously won't be a new character announced, the arcade version will be updating again on character balance, bug fixes, and most notably, a new stage.

All signs point to FFXV and the city of Insomnia. I mean, dude... seriously... what else could it be at this point?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
@Nikotsumi @Jadeinchains @Mayor-Of-Mustard I finally did it as well, all hail PC lmao.

DfS7buOV4AEG2gv.jpg

For shits and giggles:

I changed Cor into Bayman
I changed Gladio into Leon
I changed Ignis into Jacky
I changed Prompto into Eliot
I changed Aranea to Christie
And Iris as Honoka lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well Locke comes today at least in Japan
5b2b30ab880b5.jpg

Warrior of Light appears to be the adjusted character as well based on this translation
Screenshot_2018-06-21-01-43-17.png

And Ramza and Ace have added in story scenes much like how Vayne did with his story scene involving Noctis, WoL and that other boring guy I forget the name of XD
Screenshot_2018-06-21-01-43-23.png

Hayabusiness

I finally finished FFXII in early March and I think it might be my favorite FF ever.
The way it tackled the theme of family, loneliness and belonging was interesting and not shoved in your face. And the world of Ivalice was so vast and impressive, so well made...

It's such a shame the game's rocky development made it less amazing than it could have been, but I still loved it nonetheless.
Tbh the only thing I did not like about the story was
the lack of information and focus on Basch and Noah, who are PIVOTAL characters in the story's theme and conflicts
, but I'd say the game's most amazing trait is not its main conflict (which I still really loved and enjoyed), but its incredible, living, breathing world.
Games like these just don't make me want to 100% them, because it means they will end for real, sooner or later :(

@Tyaren seriously, force yourself to continue it because no other game has architecture as captivating as this (Maybe Vagrant Story lolol).

Also, a curiosity for everyone: people in Bur Omnisace do the Vagrant Story cross sign, or so a friend told me. Huh.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I finally finished FFXII in early March and I think it might be my favorite FF ever.
The way it tackled the theme of family, loneliness and belonging was interesting and not shoved in your face. And the world of Ivalice was so vast and impressive, so well made...

It's such a shame the game's rocky development made it less amazing than it could have been, but I still loved it nonetheless.
Tbh the only thing I did not like about the story was
the lack of information and focus on Basch and Noah, who are PIVOTAL characters in the story's theme and conflicts
, but I'd say the game's most amazing trait is not its main conflict (which I still really loved and enjoyed), but its incredible, living, breathing world.
Games like these just don't make me want to 100% them, because it means they will end for real, sooner or later :(

@Tyaren seriously, force yourself to continue it because no other game has architecture as captivating as this (Maybe Vagrant Story lolol).

Also, a curiosity for everyone: people in Bur Omnisace do the Vagrant Story cross sign, or so a friend told me. Huh.

Think the main issue with FFXII was the game's beginning portions. The beginning was extremely slow with multiple occasions of stopping from time to time due to how slow it was for a build up. The game started to develop a lot better once you get pass the beginning (in opinion to this of course). Mind you that I was also one of the people that took a while to get into that game because the beginning portions was so incredibly slow and rigid to continue on, heck I stopped playing one time because I felt so incredibly bored somewhere after playing it for a few hours. It wasn't until like 30% of the game where I started understanding the plot from point A to point B and absorbing the gameplay mechanics properly. Once I got up to like 25% of the game I started to play it a lot more often.

Playing the game now compared to back then was much more tolerable and enjoyable with this version because the older version didn't have fast forward, roles, most enemies have weaknesses now, damage going over 9999 etc. It's just a much more favorable game now than the previous version due to tolerance.

Last edited:

Jackie Chan Fan

I loved the battle system of FFXII because of the gambit system. It made grinding a lot bearable. Grinding is usually, for me, the most boring part of playing RPGs as you keep doing the same thing for tens of hours.

Hayabusiness

Think the main issue with FFXII was the game's beginning portions. The beginning was extremely slow with multiple occasions of stopping from time to time due to how slow it was for a build up. The game started to develop a lot better once you get pass the beginning (in opinion to this of course). Mind you that I was also one of the people that took a while to get into that game because the beginning portions was so incredibly slow and rigid to continue on, heck I stopped playing one time because I felt so incredibly bored somewhere after playing it for a few hours. It wasn't until like 30% of the game where I started understanding the plot from point A to point B and absorbing the gameplay mechanics properly. Once I got up to like 25% of the game I started to play it a lot more often.

Playing the game now compared to back then was much more tolerable and enjoyable with this version because the older version didn't have fast forward, roles, most enemies have weaknesses now, damage going over 9999 etc. It's just a much more favorable game now than the previous version due to tolerance.

I think I more or less agree with you.
The game for me really started rolling when you enter King Raithwall's tomb. I enjoyed it beforehand, especially the more adventurous cutscenes, but some things really did drag.
The problem with Vanilla is also that much like its main quest, your characters' progression does take a while to really get fun. As soon as you get the limit breaks (I forgot their english name, it's apotheosis in Italian), you finally start getting more MP and can get around to set better gambits. But that requires you to either grind forever or reach the end of the first part (or was it the second one?), which is yes, still early in the game but it's a good 15% out of 100%.

Another thing I adored about this game was that it actually had optional areas to explore and it hid a good chunk of its espers instead of handing them over to you. Granted, espers are not particularly good in Vanilla (can't say about Zodiac yet), but it's satisfying to get them.

I don't know how but, the game in general felt satisfying to play. It is definitely a highlight in my PS2 library.

As a side note, I kind of hope Square releases some sort of spin off or something that expands upon XII's battle system and gambits. I really enjoyed setting them, personally. But I guess it"s too late to get something like that now...

Cabecote

People are theorizing that the 3rd character in the season pass is Riona... If they can make her interesting, I'm okay with it, I'm just not her biggest fan

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD